Sign in to follow this  
Replica watch user

http://www.ttw8488.com/ Broken watch stolen

RUSH2112

Q1) did you contact a moderator as instructed a month ago?

Q2) he offered to replace the watch after 7-12 days. It's been that. Why not take him up on offer?

I'm sorry I don't understand how the moderator can help me - could you explain that? I'd appreciate anything that moves this to resolution. I talked to Andrew for probably 3 weeks prior to getting frustrated and posting this. I didn't show him this post and this post was not designed to do anything but warn people who may find themselves similarly screwed over. He offered the replacement a few days after that.

I did take him up on that offer. It appears Andrew wants to forget that offer now, and hasn't come through on it. His correspondence is backtracking to a previous point in the dialogue right now. It has gone in a circle maybe 5 times, but at the point he did offer the replacement, I did take him up on it. Nothing apparently happened on his end / that may have been an empty offer. I waited a month and asked for status and he responded with a question, fully understanding the offer he made previously, rather than answering my question as to the status of the replacement.

Chronologically, the watch arrived ~ late december, I spent two weeks winding it manually, hoping it would begin to wind on its own, I tried troubleshooting steps offered by andrew (tapping on the watch in certain ways), wore it several days, it didn't resolve, I received an address, shipped the watch, waited a few months, asked for status, realized the watch was missing, researched with USPS, talked to Andrew for 3 weeks, posted here, was offered a replacement, waited about 4.5 weeks, asked for status, was asked a question in response that returned us in the 5th or 6th circle here.

On the separate Omega bezel issue, he offered to sell me a bezel for $60, which I would pay, but I was waiting for resolution on this prior to doing further business with him. I would gladly pay the shipping to get the offered replacement watch here also.

You'll understand how the moderator can help you after you've asked for help.

Replica watch user

I sent the moderator a pm. I appreciate the help of the member who offered the advice.

This is the commitment Andrew made:

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 9:47 PM, TT888 Admin

<[email protected]> wrote:

REDACTED

If within 7-12 days there is no package back, I will resend another one for you.

No questions asked. Thanks. =)

Regards, Andrew

Trusty Time Watches

When I asked for status a couple days ago, the reply I got was instead a question:

Did you include a repair slip with the return package? Thanks

To me- that is backtracking. A commitment was made. So if Andrew is who people say he is, that commitment should be honored. If a seller doesn't uphold commitments they make, that should matter to their customer base.

Edited by Replica watch user

porschespeedster

^^ you're acting like a dickhead.

maybe dial the entitlement down a notch, and btw no one cares what title/job you have.

just be nice, and be friendly. good vibes go a long way. hope things work out.

reximda

Our mods could indeed help you, but why would/should they?

Our trusted dealers work hard to retain their trusted status, and with that comes a certain responsibility to keep the user base happy. Unhappy users = no more trusted dealer status.

You in fact, were not an RWG user when you purchased your watch. Only after failing to resolve the situation on your own, did you drop in here with your story. Did you bother to read the numerous posts regarding what to do when things go tits up? No. Did you contact a mod? No. Well, after a month. Instead you joined, and went immediately to the scams section to post your entitled grievance.

If you had done even the least amount of reading here, you would've understood that the way to handle situations like these is to privately contact a mod and ask them to intervene on your behalf. The mods then may have taken pity on you and helped, regardless of your non member status at purchase.

Good luck to you.

Ant0702

Sorry - but you never call out a TD in open forum until you've been through the mods. To seriously suggest that you were deliberately sent a bust watch is a massive and inappropriate assumption, and I am sure wrong. Why would any TD do that?? Sure, dealers don't always get everything right first time, but you might want to examine your moral compass before becoming so precious here. This isn't a high street retail industry and a lot sways on patience, respect and going about things in the proper manner. Frankly whether or not you have been turned over has been lost in the way you have carried on. I always hope that my orders will come through well and Andrew has always been very good to deal with. However, some might say that this is a slightly less than legit hobby and on that basis I never commit money for a watch that I can't ultimately afford to lose. If you want that peace of mind, go and order a nice accurist online.

Replica watch user

maybe dial the entitlement down a notch, and btw no one cares what title/job you have.

I'm being nice. I'm a longtime customer (About 5 years and a watch a year) with a first problem that I've been trying to work through for 4 months. How much time should this take? Why can't Andrew give me status when he already said what direction this should be going at this point?

Tits McGee

I'm being nice. I'm a longtime customer (About 5 years and a watch a year) with a first problem that I've been trying to work through for 4 months. How much time should this take? Why can't Andrew give me status when he already said what direction this should be going at this point?

This whiny self entitled bitch hasn't read a thing here, hasn't contributed anything but a complaint, and has the balls to expect MEMBERS here to assist him (or at least sympathize). I wouldn't help a hand-job like this clown until he ponies up and becomes a VIP, then blows the mods and asks for forgiveness for acting like such an asshole. Then I'd ban him. This forum & hobby ain't for you pal.

Crying-Baby.jpg

ElvisFreak

hhhhmmmm.

interesting how did thread took a left turn...

i wonder who is driving?

ElvisFreak

and to state that in this hobby you need to expect possible loss of money when you order a watch from way over there in Asia does not ring right to me....

i figure if i want to take gambles with my money, i would hve more fun doing it in Vegas with a cold cocktail or beer.

ElvisFreak

and losing $500 and showing disappointment is called "whining"?

i am a man of little means and if i would have coughed up 500 beans to a stranger i dont know in Asia and then pray to God all goes well only to lose it anyways....

i would want a place to tell something like this so that anybody( not just the mod) could help me figure out a solution without being lynched, attacked, ignored or called names....

we dont know the OP so why ganging up on him to save the face of a dealer? every person on this forum should be shown compassion, PATIENCE and non-judgemental treatment....

did he really attack any of us?

Edited by ElvisFreak

Tits McGee

and to state that in this hobby you need to expect possible loss of money when you order a watch from way over there in Asia does not ring right to me....

i figure if i want to take gambles with my money, i would hve more fun doing it in Vegas with a cold cocktail or beer.

As would I, but that's not the point. Although your question as to who's driving this is interesting.

This guy just joined to complain or he's a sock for a competing TD. Or he's Luthier :lol:

Either way it's fun to take a few shots at the bastard because it's so much fun.

Tits McGee

and losing $500 and showing disappointment is called "whining"?

i am a man of little means and if i would have coughed up 500 beans to a stranger i dont know in Asia and then pray to God all goes well only to lose it anyways....

i would want a place to tell something like this so that anybody( not just the mod) could help me figure out a solution without being lynched, attacked, ignored or called names....

we dont know the OP so why ganging up on him to save the face of a dealer? every person on this forum should be shown compassion, PATIENCE and non-judgemental treatment....

did he really attack any of us?

How would you feel if I walked into your house and told you your wife was fat? Ugly too.

You'd be a little less than cordial I imagine. (Or you might agree. Around here you never know). But that's what this guy just did.

If he asked for assistance or advise he'd have been pointed in the right direction.

No, he joined today to whine and complain. It's not the dollar amount. $500 is a lot of dough. It's his approach that's going to get him a beat down.

Replica watch user

As would I, but that's not the point. Although your question as to who's driving this is interesting.

This guy just joined to complain or he's a sock for a competing TD. Or he's Luthier :lol:

Either way it's fun to take a few shots at the bastard because it's so much fun.

Honestly I joined because my conversation with Andrew wasn't looking promising at all and I felt that all that was left to do was warn other buyers. Then he offered a resolution, and more recently he answered my status request with a question returning this to the dismal camp.

I always read good things and I wish that was how this was being handled but it's not looking like it's headed to resolution and I've been talking to him since early January. I wish these watches were something we could service here, but when I go to a watch shop they avoid replicas because they have a bad reputation. So really this segment of the industry depends on the product arriving in working order OR having some customer support, because there is no recourse in this country that I'm aware of. You can't walk into your local watch store and say, "hey could you service my fake watch." and expect service- I actually at one point visited a watch store and was told I had to leave because a fake watch wasn't allowed in their store as it was considered a threat to their reputation. A second attempt watch repair kiosk at the mall said, "We don't service replica watches, there is just too much liability working with them."

Edited by Replica watch user

Daywatch

"Did you include a repair slip with the return package? Thanks"

This is a legitimate question to track back the watch on their end. Just answer it: did You?

Trusty is a big shop with lots of movement and You deal with different persons on duty when Your mail comes in, possibly all called Andrew. Each may handle it in a different way and different tone. Be persistent and nice and take it easy.

It all gets handled in the end- ALWAYS. This does not mean it gets handled in xyz days.

The asian time concept is different, either the issue is on or it is off, it does not matter if a day, a week or a month has passed like in the Western society. Trying to ship a watch fast is a benefit the TDs are giving us by adapting partially to our way of thinking. What matters is if a watch gets shipped at all (or not) - take the time equation out of it.

Replica watch user

"Did you include a repair slip with the return package? Thanks"

This is a legitimate question to track back the watch on their end. Just answer it: did You?

Trusty is a big shop with lots of movement and You deal with different persons on duty when Your mail comes in, possibly all called Andrew. Each may handle it in a different way and different tone. Be persistent and nice and take it easy.

It all gets handled in the end- ALWAYS. This does not mean it gets handled in xyz days.

The asian time concept is different, either the issue is on or it is off, it does not matter if a day, a week or a month has passed like in the Western society. Trying to ship a watch fast is a benefit the TDs are giving us by adapting partially to our way of thinking. What matters is if a watch gets shipped at all (or not) - take the time equation out of it.

I've already answered the question, so asking it over and over again just seems like an attempt at stalling the process. I included a typed and printed detailed report of what was wrong and needed to be repaired, and contact information for correspondence and return shipping.

RichardMiami

OP has submitted this matter for Moderator review.

Any further comment on this would not be productive.

onzenuub

No comment. :)

RichardMiami

OP has declined Moderator assistance. Please feel free to comment as desired.

omegex
OP has declined Moderator assistance.

That sounds like a bit of a daft move to me.

Duzza

I'm surprised so many jump to the TDs defence personally, especially this one. Whilst the dealer in question is trusted and that's a given in terms of he's not going to do a flit with your cash and not deliver. Is there a TD beyond reproach?

RichardMiami

I'm surprised so many jump to the TDs defence personally, especially this one. Whilst the dealer in question is trusted and that's a given in terms of he's not going to do a flit with your cash and not deliver. Is there a TD beyond reproach?

nope. No more so than there is a member beyond reproach.

Moderators and Admins though are total Saints.... :D

Tits McGee

snapback.pngDuzza, on 19 April 2016 - 04:29 PM, said:

You've obviously missed the point. Nobody jumped to the TD's defense. TD's should be called out for poor service. Maybe if you became a VIP that refrigerator light would go on for you. Maybe not.

It's not about the TD. It's about the OP's approach. He only joined to complain. Not even in the right section either.

He's a whiny bitch who should wipe his tears with one of these:

Numptykins_1.jpg

RUSH2112

I have to agree with tits that this is more of people calling out the op and not necessarily defending the TD. If he has all the documentation he claims to have then why not allow the moderators to help?

NCRich

I just wasted 5 minutes of my life reading this.

Dendo

I just wasted 5 minutes of my life reading this.

me too............