Sign in to follow this  
Stevenb12

Trusted dealer error ?

Pob
I don't see why th OP is getting angry at the replies. They've been reasonable.

+1

Surprisingly reasonable I might add

Sakurai

So what kind of dealer was it, a fat one or a fit one?

Watch.junky

After reading this thread, I double checked the QC pics sent to me for my PO. Just food for thought, but the time graph with Miyota movement, clearly shows 28,800. Never noticed until now

Edited by Watch.junky

GenTLe

Edit: Sorry GenTLe not you mate, I mean the OP.

No worries I got it :)

Stevenb12

Honestly thanks everyone ; I'm not angry :-) I'm pleased to be here ..... I think at the end of the day I can only complain about the QC PIc showing my watch with a high beat on a MTG3000 a machine that's does auto detect . The TD Told me it didn't

End of day the the pic of my so called watch on the machine was totally false. So I am just putting out there don't believe those pics

I'm fortunate I have a machine : I can regulate my watches so good job I checked.

I will take this up with a mod as I don't like this underhand practise.. A TD should not try and pass off a miyota 8205 as a highbest movement.

black263

Brings back memories of a thread I started.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=101188

krag90

Any News in this area? Any TD to avoid?

Gazzla

Nothing here.

Carry on.

krag90
:Drinking2:

trailboss99

Apparently their equipment cannot display the miyota 21600 correctly and shows 28800 :-) Wtf !!

Utter fecking bullshit! I'm not happy with whoever is feeding you this tripe.

trailboss99

Steven, you are yet to contact a member of staff over this. We need to hear from you please as you have made serious allegations concerning a Trusted Dealer and we need you to follow thru and back them up.

Stevenb12

Sorry I have been away .... I am back now and have a new watch from the same dealer - same problem perfect QC pic showing 28800 b/e oms for a wind up watch that is 21600 watch is gained 20minutes in 9 hours on my timer it detects 21600 and the beat pattern is all over the place ; I am awaiting a reply but I just orders three watches so I am curious as all QC pics are perfect

Why do I stick with the dealer ; well he is trusted and has been great over the past couple of years but something is very off

GenTLe
Sorry I have been away .... I am back now and have a new watch from the same dealer - same problem perfect QC pic showing 28800 b/e oms for a wind up watch that is 21600 watch is gained 20minutes in 9 hours on my timer it detects 21600 and the beat pattern is all over the place ; I am awaiting a reply but I just orders three watches so I am curious as all QC pics are perfect

Why do I stick with the dealer ; well he is trusted and has been great over the past couple of years but something is very off

Yes, but reply to the boss (message just before this your one)!

Sifu Whitey

Please keep us posted, especially if there's an issue with a TD. I have one watch currently on order with one TD, I have a second possible deal in the works with a different TD and a third TD is working on yet a third potential purchase for me and I have no machine to test the movement so I'd have to trust the dealer or get screwed. Good luck.

andyboy

Trailboss has asked you to share the information with staff here as you are making a serious allegation.

We would like the information so we can speak to the dealer about this and address the issue.

trailboss99

Sorry, found this after answering your PM. Mate always give a link especially if you are PMing about a month old thread.

Please contact a sales mod as requested in PM as this is in no way acceptable behavior from the dealer. You may also like to add myself and greg_r to the PM as well.

Plikk

I am also wondering which dealer this mignt be. I already had some suspicions abut the timegrapher results from my TD, the 3 automatic watches I received all say they have a error of only 1sec/day but I already found out this is not true. More like 10-15 secs a day.

Also the red light of the timegrapher is not put on screen, so there could have been tempered with...

cufflink
I am also wondering which dealer this mignt be. I already had some suspicions abut the timegrapher results from my TD, the 3 automatic watches I received all say they have a error of only 1sec/day but I already found out this is not true. More like 10-15 secs a day.

Also the red light of the timegrapher is not put on screen, so there could have been tempered with...

The rate reading you see on the qc photo is only for one position (dial up). Also assuming that the watch is appropriately wound.

The rate you actually experience on wrist can be different, since you move your wrist around and therefore the movement will be subjected to other positions (crown down, 12 down etc) , which, may mot be at +1sec/day.

The beat rate however, will not change no matter what position.

Sent using Tapatalk

Edited by cufflink

black263

The rate reading you see on the qc photo is only for one position (dial up). Also assuming that the watch is appropriately wound.

The rate you actually experience on wrist can be different, since you move your wrist around and therefore the movement will be subjected to other positions (crown down, 12 down etc) , which, may mot be at +1sec/day.

Sent using Tapatalk

When you're trying to regulate a watch on a Timegrapher, the only sensible position is face down. That gives easy access to the movement adjustment. So I wear the watch for a couple of days, and see what the "real world" error is. Let's assume it's gaining 20 seconds per day wearing as normal, and lying on the table overnight. I then put it on the timegrapher, face down, and whatever the reading is, fast or slow, I would adjust it 20 seconds per day slower to take out the error. Put it all back together, and again wear it for a couple of days. See what the "real world" error is now, and if necessary apply a correction. My aim is that in normal wear it gains between 0 and 5 seconds a day. Once I get it there, I don't bother with the other positions on the timegrapher, as, frankly, the only thing that bothers me is how it behaves on the wrist.

I always go for running slightly fast, and never at all slow. Then, once a week, (If I ever get to wear it that long), it will be up to 35 seconds fast. Dead simple then to let the second hand get to the 12, hack, and set it off again when the real time catches up.

Plikk

Sent using Tapatalk

Thank you for clarifying! But still from other TD's I have ordered from the rate isn't always +1 sec/day as is the case with this TD in question. The red light on the timgrapher is also consistently not on the QC photo. Maybe it is all a coincidence and I am seeing ghosts here, but after reading this thread it got my attention.

GenTLe

When you're trying to regulate a watch on a Timegrapher, the only sensible position is face down. That gives easy access to the movement adjustment.

I actually use another way, because I wouldn't be able to regulate it while it is in the timegrapher vise.

So firstly I remove the bracelet (and case back obviously), rhen I put it face up on the tg, I take it off and I start regulating the beat error, and up and down to/from the tg until the beat error is 0 or max 0.1ms and the timing error between +/- 0 and 6/9s/d. At that point I measure it in the other position and I consider the error to do the final fine regulation.

If for example when vertical or face down it runs 6 s/d more than when face up, then I regulate it at -3s/d when fece up to compensate.

Sometime it is enough, some other time I check the daily rate on use and further regulate.

One thing I learnt is that it is wise to use it for at least 2 weeks before to regulate. Some break-in is necessary to make the movement working at its best.

mos009

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...howtopic=101188

f hell, now i am worried.......

is it possible to see difference in movement speed/smoothness with naked eye, without opening watch of having fancy machines?

Edited by mos009

Plikk

You can see if the second hand sweeps smoothly or stutters a lot. If it stutters (6 ticks per second) it is probably 21.600 instead of 28.800.

GenTLe

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...howtopic=101188

f hell, now i am worried.......

is it possible to see difference in movement speed/smoothness with naked eye, without opening watch of having fancy machines?

Search youtube "21600 vs 28800" and you will see the difference.