Sign in to follow this  
wqleow

wqleow 2016 watch collection

MAJ75

What an outstanding collection, thanks for sharing it with us. The word used in the majority of other posts is "Classy" so I will say elegant throughout!

I have been leaning exactly in your direction regarding PAMs deciding that for me a 42mm option is the way to go so Radiomir looks highly likely, I might go for a gold or rose gold case when I finally decide.

My next purchase will probably be an IWC & I have been going backwards & forwards between a 5001 & 3714 whichever way I'll probably go gold case, white face, gold numerals....

Reading the AT comments a Gauss is on my list but my second choice would be the one you have......

So all in all we have similar taste.....

Thanks Maj! I have kept to a single gold watch in my collection as I hardly ever have the opportunity to wear it. In my office, it would be ostentatious to wear gold.

What I found is that watches with gold hands and indices in a stainless steel case actually brings out that vintage feel quite well, without being too flashy.

Here's my Portofino as an example.

303416D4-CCFF-4922-B05E-82EF2B92A633_zps2kevqode.jpg

1CB477DD-78C2-446E-B04C-25B0AA8673B2_zpsgapx8w7t.jpg

Another example of this 'hidden' gold would be the PAM 338 with the gold tinted hands.

047aa1c12b35c41db36770a9ea08c047_zpsbnntmx7z.jpg

In your case, I would suggest that you go for the IWC 3714 in this particular colour combi:

PB290001.jpg

And then go for a RG PAM such as the PAM 513.

image_zpss8yonmv4.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to make these quality recommendations, well appreciated. I like the rationale as to why they could be good choices.

wqleow

Switching the 15450 for its larger sibling the 15400 today.

cbb69e614d4ec38e66ee8badf1e5ee52.jpg

I had gotten this as soon as it was released, way before the TF vs JF debate.

This is my favourite bracelet watch just because the quality of the bracelet is superb.

Left Coast Guy

Win -- IWC Spitfire Tribeca

Place -- Longines Chrono

Show -- Blue dial AP

wqleow

Win -- IWC Spitfire Tribeca

Place -- Longines Chrono

Show -- Blue dial AP

Hi Left Coast Guy, your post is slightly cryptic. Whatever do you mean?

wqleow

One of the earliest addition to the collection is this GMT Master II with ceramic bezel.

It has been on the bracelet, a distressed leather strap and now on a rubber B.

Versatile and understated. One of the best GMT watches to get. Also now if they perfect the Pepsi GMT, I'll be tempted to get one more!

cf01b6841736812585552a66f39a68a7.jpg

IMG_5255_zps2b899c4a-1_zpsvmtocige.jpg

IMG_6320_zpsegq3yiik.jpg

1DA532A3-D8F5-43DB-8927-A1D7FD7E6682_zpsymao8wce.jpg

Edited by wqleow

Rolexl0ver

Glad you made place for a GMT! Is it a genuine? (Can't tell :P)

Thanks for sharing,

David

wqleow
Glad you made place for a GMT! Is it a genuine? (Can't tell :P)

Thanks for sharing,

David

Thanks David! I'm sure you can tell from the hand stack whether this is Gen.

wqleow

Being more casual today with the Nomos Tangente on an awesome leather strap.

f998223b890e9f5e132d67d4aad6df61.jpg

boredpanda

You have a very nice collection there! The 15400 and nautilus caught my eye, but I liked how all the IWC looks too.

Anyway, may I ask how does the nautilus/15400 wear on your wrist? (I have same size wrist as you, considering getting these or AP diver)

Also.. may I ask if it's hard to find watch smiths who will work on replica watches in Singapore?

wqleow

You have a very nice collection there! The 15400 and nautilus caught my eye, but I liked how all the IWC looks too.

Anyway, may I ask how does the nautilus/15400 wear on your wrist? (I have same size wrist as you, considering getting these or AP diver)

Also.. may I ask if it's hard to find watch smiths who will work on replica watches in Singapore?

Hi bro, the Nautilus wears very well and I would recommend that slightly over the 15400. The case profile is extremely thin, fits our 6.5 inch wrists well and can easily slide under the short cuff.

IMG_6044_zps56e0osbf.jpg

Now while I've been raving over how comfortable the AP 15400 bracelet is, the 15400 is actually, at 41mm, wears too large on my wrist.

That's why I recently acquired the 15450, which wears better at 37mm.

While there are some inaccuracies with the 15450, it remains a favourite, for now.

6da7ace305cae5a18f1bb3dbf29379b8_zps8s0akhp0.jpg

f72c855e0aca84dd4a3d8c54d815e1ae_zpsqjltp2ae.jpg

If you could only get one, I think the Nautilus wins overall.

The AP RO or AP Diver will be good as a weekend watch, whereby you have want to make a bolder statement.

wqleow

For the past week, these two beauties have been vying for top spot.

IWC Ingenieur, on a brown Pilot strap. I think the brown strap really makes the blue dial pop as opposed to the stock blue leather or black leather strap.

ced29adc1792494f179c952cd3eea7da_zpscp9kkya4.jpg

0eac38acf3345b2daa089bc3af4440ad_zps3xfu38ov.jpg

And my choice for the rep of the year, IWC Portuguese 7 days. Absolutely stunning. The datewheel and working power reserve is a joy to look at.

66f5929866a92ec1d77fb95f167b65ce_zps2ivjgipk.jpg

machiavegli

Great stuff! I like your pie-pan dial Omega Constellation Globemaster, nice old school feel.

-Mach

phone

Loving the Patek!

wqleow

A quick stock-take of the collection currently. 6 months in and we have some newcomers and some leavers.

First Row: Longines Moonphase Chrono, IWC Spitfire Chrono Tribeca, IWC Portuguese Chrono, IWC Aquatimer Chrono Cousteau, IWC Portofino Chrono

Second Row: Nomos Tangente, IWC Pilot Chrono LPP, IWC Portuguese 7 days, IWC Ingenuier Laureus, IWC Portofino

af4b0b21f9e2f144d38ca07d2112afcc.jpg

Edited by wqleow

wqleow

First Row: Pam 388, VCO, AP RO 15450, PP Nautilus, PAM 512

Second Row: Black Bay Bronze, Omega Globemaster, AP ROO Diver White, Omega LMPO, Rolex GMT IIc

2fc3732325f2e54e1b3d62d3ba4aec99.jpg

Edited by wqleow

MiamiPanerai
Thanks for the Pam info! I tried on a 619 at an AD (one of the newer releases with a micro rotor) the 42mm really does fit better, especially in the Radiomir style.

You are welcome Piccolo. I learn all my PAM knowledge from ALE's great resource over at RWI. I make sure I always refer to it before I purchase a PAM.

The 619 is really sweet but unfortunately the rep factories have not come out with the micro rotor yet. As such the handwind version is still the way to go in the rep world. That's would be the 512.

42mm is really near the upper limit for a skinny wrist. Mine's about 6.5 inches and I can't carry any watch more than 43mm comfortably.

The Portuguese chronograph is rose gold. I will do a post on it later. One of my absolute favourites.

Any update on the 619 rep... cant find it anywhere. Its my fav!