Sign in to follow this  
Rolexl0ver

Bk sub or the V6s?

Rolexl0ver

Hi there! This isn't a review, but I am not sure where else to post this.

I am really considering buying a very gen-like 116610LN. After doing some research the two alternatives seems to be the Noob V6s or the Bk Sub-c. However the Bk is about 300 bucks more, and my question is if Bk is really worth those extra 300. I cant seem to find any big differences between the appearance of the Bk and the Noob, the only difference seems to be the movement. The Bk has the swiss sellita and the Noob has the asian 2836.

I will keep this rep for as long as it lasts, by that I mean at least 1 year. Which rep suits my needs?

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

David.

Meister

Well BK waterproofs it and tests it, makes sure everything in the watch is as its supposed to be for example the date wheel and the rehaur. So you know it will be just right when it arrives, thats the difference besides movement. The v6s have some minor flaws sometimes, chipped date wheel or rehaut thats just not aligned or not waterproof/tested etc. So yea hope this info helps

I have the BK sub no date and i love it, recommend it if you want to get as close to 1:1

Rolexl0ver

Well BK waterproofs it and tests it, makes sure everything in the watch is as its supposed to be for example the date wheel and the rehaur. So you know it will be just right when it arrives, thats the difference besides movement. The v6s have some minor flaws sometimes, chipped date wheel or rehaut thats just not aligned or not waterproof/tested etc. So yea hope this info helps

I have the BK sub no date and i love it, recommend it if you want to get as close to 1:1

I see, how long have you hade it for? Where did he ship it from?

- David

pmartin245

Regmariner 9/10

Noob 9.5/10

BK 9.8/10

TC 9.9/10

Rolexl0ver

Regmariner 9/10

Noob 9.5/10

BK 9.8/10

TC 9.9/10

Okay, that kinda sets it. I am going for the Noob. As a student with no reliable income, I think it suits me the most. Thanks for helping!

- David

Nickfive

Regmariner 9/10

Noob 9.5/10

BK 9.8/10

TC 9.9/10

is this official?

Meister

I see, how long have you hade it for? Where did he ship it from?

- David

Had it for a few months now, he shipped from the USA-->UK-->EU(me) took about 2 weeks

Meister

Regmariner 9/10

Noob 9.5/10

BK 9.8/10

TC 9.9/10

is this official?

TC is actually worse then BK. His blog is outdated, the correct serials aren't between the lugs anymore which is in my opinion a major flaw.

tomtom1988

Regmariner 9/10

Noob 9.5/10

BK 9.8/10

TC 9.9/10

is this official?

There is no official so to speak, its whatever suits you. I had tge regmariner which was great as an entry level sub, upgraded to the v6 and I am overly chuffed, had it next to a gen and there really are not tell tale signs (to my untrained eye) it's smooth, weighty, excellent sweep, runs well and keeps good time, has a good power reserve and really is a great watch. Going to be a shame moving it on when my new watches arrive but we all have to make space! You wont be disappointed with the v6 or v6s. I have the hulk and love it

Meister

Regmariner 9/10

Noob 9.5/10

BK 9.8/10

TC 9.9/10

is this official?

There is no official so to speak, its whatever suits you. I had tge regmariner which was great as an entry level sub, upgraded to the v6 and I am overly chuffed, had it next to a gen and there really are not tell tale signs (to my untrained eye) it's smooth, weighty, excellent sweep, runs well and keeps good time, has a good power reserve and really is a great watch. Going to be a shame moving it on when my new watches arrive but we all have to make space! You wont be disappointed with the v6 or v6s. I have the hulk and love it

Well the only "major" flaw is the sound of the movement in my opinion:)

The reps are always alot louder then a gen.

tabuktime

Regmariner 9/10

Noob 9.5/10

BK 9.8/10

TC 9.9/10

Contentious as comparison tables can be, I applaud you for putting your opinion out there for all to see.

Although people may disagree about positioning of makers/suppliers within the table, it is only through this 'discussion' that the uninformed and uninitiated (like me) may pick up useful information about these watches that are mostly hidden in very small differences between them.

Thanks for the information.

RichardMiami

Hi there! This isn't a review

well stated.

Moved to GD

Genius

if you want the absolute best Sub-C wait for bk to get the V6s in stock and work his magic on them

Meister
if you want the absolute best Sub-C wait for bk to get the V6s in stock and work his magic on them

This

pmartin245

Nobody's gonna notice anything on or past the Regmariner level. Personally I'd get a reg, and if you're unsatisfied get a Noob. If you're unsatisfied after that, you might as well buy a gen.

IMHO.

dfq23

It's a rolex so even if it's a TC, a twenty quid canal street special or a gen, people will automatically assume it's fake anyway

Rolexl0ver

It's a rolex so even if it's a TC, a twenty quid canal street special or a gen, people will automatically assume it's fake anyway

I guess that depends on your overall clothing/appearance and also where you live. I mean, there is one guy in my school who has one two-tone sub and one AP royal oak, both gen. But I am mostly buying this for my own satisfaction. But I wouldn't want anyone seeing it is a rep from a mile away.

dfq23

I guess that depends on your overall clothing/appearance and also where you live. I mean, there is one guy in my school who has one two-tone sub and one AP royal oak, both gen. But I am mostly buying this for my own satisfaction. But I wouldn't want anyone seeing it is a rep from a mile away.

You say at your school someone has gen rolex and ap and you are buying it for your satisfaction but also don't want people knowing it's a rep.

As I see you are 17 it sounds more like playground stuff to me. How do you know the other pupils watches are gen? Have you seen papers? I just saw you are from sweden so unless your school has pupils with abba or ikea money there i'd take it with a pinch of salt!

If you are buying a rolex to try and fit in then you are not buying it for the correct reason. If you are buying it for the style then get a steinhart.

The general rule of thumb I have found on here is that if a member has the name of a brand in their user ID then general ass hattery and talk of boxes and papers follows

Rolexl0ver

You say at your school someone has gen rolex and ap and you are buying it for your satisfaction but also don't want people knowing it's a rep.

As I see you are 17 it sounds more like playground stuff to me. How do you know the other pupils watches are gen? Have you seen papers? I just saw you are from sweden so unless your school has pupils with abba or ikea money there i'd take it with a pinch of salt!

If you are buying a rolex to try and fit in then you are not buying it for the correct reason. If you are buying it for the style then get a steinhart.

The general rule of thumb I have found on here is that if a member has the name of a brand in their user ID then general ass hattery and talk of boxes and papers follows

First of all, there is just one pupil, of a thousand in my school who has these watches. His parents are very wealthy, that is why I do not think they would purchase a replica of any kind. Most people in my school doesn't even know what an AP is, and most people wouldn't even care. So I am not buying this to "fit in".

As for the other stuff, that is another discussion. Why do people buy replicas at all? There are different reasons, mine is because I fell in love with the submariner when I first saw it, but the watch itself is very pricy. I know the watch is worth it, but since I am only 17 I don't really have the budget to spend that kind of money. That is why I want something close to it, because I love the history, and the design.

I didn't know anything about steinhart until I googled it now that you mentioned it here. Thank you for the tip, I will look in to that.

tomtom1988

First of all, there is just one pupil, of a thousand in my school who has these watches. His parents are very wealthy, that is why I do not think they would purchase a replica of any kind. Most people in my school doesn't even know what an AP is, and most people wouldn't even care. So I am not buying this to "fit in".

As for the other stuff, that is another discussion. Why do people buy replicas at all? There are different reasons, mine is because I fell in love with the submariner when I first saw it, but the watch itself is very pricy. I know the watch is worth it, but since I am only 17 I don't really have the budget to spend that kind of money. That is why I want something close to it, because I love the history, and the design.

I didn't know anything about steinhart until I googled it now that you mentioned it here. Thank you for the tip, I will look in to that.

You would be surprised mate, often the wealthier people are the ones that do buy reps because nobody will question it.

I had a friend and at 17 hes parents bought him a range rover sport brand new, he had a jacob and co rep ( back in the day when jacob and co big lairy faced watches were in ) and hes reply to us was always "yeah its a fake but I have a £40000 car, whos going to think its fake" which is very true.

Personally if I was you Id get a noob v6 or v6s, like others have said if that dosent satisfy you then chances are others wont either and youll have to save for a gen. I honestly dont think youll be disappointed though, they are fantastic watches.

The movement noise is very minor, even on gens there is some movement noise.

I hope youre happy with whatever you go for :)

Simms

A very simple tell on Rolex watches is the handstack. If you can get a close look at that pupils watch you would see it right away.

kellykrausz

Question for you al regarding BK's offering of the Sub-c Black v6s w/ Swiss ETA 2836-2. I am going to get this watch but my only question is regarding the Clark crystal upgrade. Is it more GEN to do the upgrade and have the lower crystal? but then the clark crystal does not have the LEC on it. but from what I am told the noob LEC does not look GEN at all? What are anyones thoughts in this? obviously like everyone else I want it to look as GEN as possible.. thanks

PJG1983

Sorry Im kind of new at this...

Where can I get the BK of this watch..

Thanks for all your help!

Ilikewaches

You can't see the LEC anyway. I'm working on my own noob V10.256

V4 case and bracelet with the correct end links. Clark crystal with 2.3mm gasket. Gen ETA 2836, V5 insert.

Probably easier to get a BK. Do the clarks option. To me the crystal high is a major tell. I can see it at a full arms length easy.