Sign in to follow this  
BenjaminB

Dangerous9Straps - Vintage Ammo on DSSD

BenjaminB

I waited a long time for this strap but it was definitely worth the wait - not cheap and maybe not for everyone but John G is a true craftsman ! The more I wear it the darker it gets and it feels great on the wrist.

DSC00106_zpsty1ilgbv.jpg

DSC00102_zpsod0f26yr.jpg

DSC00105_zpsqxtdk6lx.jpg

DSC00103_zpsmaq3l5db.jpg

DSC00100_zpsysrf2xzv.jpg

Desai

wow.. so nice looking.. What is the cost?

vaquerito

I want one!

rawbaws

Great craftsmanship for sure, but an ammo pouch strap on a modern day design Rolex diver?

I don't get it personally.

BUT I bet it feels a whole lot better on your wrist then the bracelet. I personally think DSSD bracelets are too small for the watch's height and width. You have to wear them super tight for the watch to be stable on the wrist.

BenjaminB

I agree It just does not work with the bracelet - Rubber B straps work well but as I said a vintage ammo on a DSSD may not be for everyone - I just happen to like it.

deju

I like it but I like ammo straps so I'd wear it! Dangerous9 straps are awesome and definitely worth the wait :D

Haltec

Imteresting combo.

They have some Aluminum sheet sandwiched in endlinks area, and than cutted and formed?

If you ever remove it from watch head. An few sideways (cross cut) photos would be cool.

Beutiful strap otherwise.

Bit unusual on DSSD but still great.

BenjaminB

Don't think there's any aluminium - just packed in with allot of leather - not sure what he does but he calls it a TCLS - Thick Curved Lug System - its similar in design to a RubberB

Frazzle

I'm confused, John G is from Nero Straps isn't he?

WatchDog21

thank you, I thought I was just being silly and missed something but that was my original thought.

Frazzle

thank you, I thought I was just being silly and missed something but that was my original thought.

I googled it and apparently dangerous 9 strap maker is called John Glance. So makes sense now.

WatchDog21

I googled it and apparently dangerous 9 strap maker is called John Glance. So makes sense now.

Ah , OK I get it now. However for me there is only one true JohnG and his Nero straps. I do like the OP's strap though!

diarrheamouth

bravo...the stamp embossed on one strap is the highlight

GenTLe

+1 here...

GenTLe

Ah , OK I get it now. However for me there is only one true JohnG and his Nero straps and famous web links. I do like the OP's strap though!

Corrected for you :D

Abe Fromen

Very nice! Curved end straps look amazing on any Rolex. I have a Hirsch curved end on the 16610 that my wife wears. So what was the cost on this one?

JohnG

I worked very hard on this strap!

:rofl:

JohnG

Joking aside, I love dangerous straps, and I am waiting on a friend who is getting a 3D printer at which point I am going to try to design an insert for the Rolex case so I can make curved end straps that fit like a SEL... And dangerous was my inspiration for wanting to do these....

BenjaminB

That would be great John - I'm sure you 'd get lots of orders