Sign in to follow this  
mos009

SOH 46mm Mesh Bracelet adjustable???

mos009

Hi Guys,

First of all thx for all the usefull information, glad i ve found this forum.

I am going to order SOH 46mm this thursday, but Mary told me that the mesh bracelet is not adjustable and advised me to go for lether strap.

I have a 7.5 inch wrist ( apporx 20 cm). Would the bracelet fit my wrists?

thanks in advance

carter23

Yep I had the same problem with the same wrist size

the bracelet would fit an 8.5 inch wrist, its massive

I ended up going for rubber and got an aftermarket mesh of ebay later on

mos009

Yep I had the same problem with the same wrist size

the bracelet would fit an 8.5 inch wrist, its massive

I ended up going for rubber and got an aftermarket mesh of ebay later on

thanks for the suggestion, would probably do same :_) Does it suit your wrist size not too big??

Simms

I believe the problem with the mesh bracelets is that they don't adjust to smaller size wrists. 7.5" is fine

Gazzla

They are adjustable, but you need to cut them.

cereal killer

I'll second that, I had to cut mine but it now fits nicely and I think it looks better on mesh, was worth the effort. You could also get an aftermarket mesh that will be adjustable but you will lose the Breitling branded clasp.

pharmguy64

If you take the pin out, you can move it all the way forward within the clasp. It then fits very snug within the clasp and won't move. This makes the bracelet fit a smaller wrist. I wear mine this way and have never had a problem with it. Looks like it was meant to be. Lastly, I have to admit that I like the mesh strap way more than I thought I would. Also have the leather strap and haven't used it yet!

mos009

If you take the pin out, you can move it all the way forward within the clasp. It then fits very snug within the clasp and won't move. This makes the bracelet fit a smaller wrist. I wear mine this way and have never had a problem with it. Looks like it was meant to be. Lastly, I have to admit that I like the mesh strap way more than I thought I would. Also have the leather strap and haven't used it yet!

thx for the advice

cereal killer

If you take the pin out, you can move it all the way forward within the clasp. It then fits very snug within the clasp and won't move. This makes the bracelet fit a smaller wrist.

so there's nothing actually attaching the strap to the clasp? I'm not sure I would ever trust it to not come apart, knowing that it is just pushed into place. I wonder if a watchsmith could drill more holes so that it could be secured in this position?

greg_r

Rep Breit mesh is crap anyway - nothing like the gen. Buy the watch on rubber and put it on a third-party Mesh (Staib comes highly recommended). It still won't be like the gen mesh (which is a work of art) but it'll be a whole lot better than the rep bracelet.

Mine goes on a gen Rotary mesh from time to time.

carter23
Rep Breit mesh is crap anyway - nothing like the gen. Buy the watch on rubber and put it on a third-party Mesh (Staib comes highly recommended). It still won't be like the gen mesh (which is a work of art) but it'll be a whole lot better than the rep bracelet.

Mine goes on a gen Rotary mesh from time to time.

Listen to the legened.

I did this same and put it on gen staib mesh, which I think is closest to the gen breitling, a lot thicker than the rep mesh that comes with them normally and more adjustable