Sign in to follow this  
Rolexl0ver

Miyota 9015 stopping

Rolexl0ver

HI guys! Ive recently bought a sub with a miyota 9015 movement. But there seems to be something wrong.

The watch has stopped 4 times today, and it always stops when the second hand is like 24 seconds. But if I screw out the crown and then put it in again, it goes again.

What could this mean? That I don't wind it enough? That the movement is broken? I am posting a pic of where the second hand stops.

IMG_1023_zpsuot2tmgc.jpg

Rolexl0ver

bump

BadPickle

Is the hand catching?

Rolexl0ver

Is the hand catching?

Im sorry but I am not entirely sure what you mean haha

BadPickle

You say the secs hand stops at 24 each time, is something inside the watch stopping it? Bent secs hand? Dial marker coming away?

fatarms

You say the secs hand stops at 24 each time, is something inside the watch stopping it? Bent secs hand? Dial marker coming away?

The pic shows it stopped at 17 seconds, and there's no marker near it. I'm thinking it may be catching on the hour hand from the pic.

BadPickle

The pic shows it stopped at 17 seconds, and there's no marker near it. I'm thinking it may be catching on the hour hand from the pic.

The pic wouldn't show the hand moving tho now would it? :P it's not a clear pic for me on the mobile iphone5 thingy.... Just goin on what the op put in the op... 24secs??

ROLIE

If its catching the hour hand that's one hell of a bent centre seconds as the hour hand is first then minute, so if the seconds is passing the minute hand it should

pass the hour hand with no problem..

it could be catching the crystal ,but it also could be something completely different and movement related.

Rolexl0ver

Oops, I mean 17 sec! But Through the day has stopped several times, and now not only at 17 secs. It goes for maybe 1-5 mins, then stops. To make it work again, all I have to do is push of the crown to the mode where you change time, then push it back in again and the second hand starts sweeping again.

And it doesn't touch the hour marker, the pics was very bad. I can take another photo when the watch stops again, cause I am pretty sure it will happen!

BadPickle

Just looking for the easy fix first, but my good friend Rolie is quite correct, it could be movement related or other things...

If you stick around, the idiot GeniTle will be along soon with his bizzare analagy, trying to convince you to buy a whole host of unessaccery and wildly expensive tools in an attempt to come across hololgically superior to anyone else here.... :facepalm:

Left Coast Guy

Well that sucks bud, sounds like an easy fix though.....if the second hand is stopping at the same place, its more than likely getting caught on something -- either the dial or the crystal. Probably an issue because the Miyota 9015 has a longer Seconds Pinion then the typical 28XX I'd guess (?).

As for the fix, uncase the movement and try to remove and re-seat the Seconds hand.

Rolexl0ver

I doesn't stop at the same place anymore. It just stops, then I make it go again and it goes for some seconds and then stops again. May it be that I have not winded it correctly? Can you wind it in a way without moving around the rotor?

Gazzla

the idiot GeniTle will be along soon with his bizzare analagy, trying to convince you to buy a whole host of unessaccery and wildly expensive tools in an attempt to come across hololgically superior to anyone else here.... :facepalm:

:popcorn:

elp

the idiot GeniTle will be along soon with his bizzare analagy, trying to convince you to buy a whole host of unessaccery and wildly expensive tools in an attempt to come across hololgically superior to anyone else here.... :facepalm:

I have found GenTle helpful and knowledgeable, but if there's a kindergarten fight brewing I will also buy some popcorn, perhaps better suited to a separate thread though?

Rolexl0ver

I am so confused. The watch is working (at the moment). Any of you guys who have had the same problem? I am just very worried because the watch is beautiful, so I really want it to work properly haha. Should I turn to my TD for any further questions?

Gazzla

Take the back off and turn it dial side facing the ceiling; give it a gentle shake; see if any shit falls out.

fatarms

Take the back off and turn it dial side facing the ceiling; give it a gentle shake; see if any shit falls out.

Does this work for coworkers as well when they stop working? I might give it a shot.

Wrist-Time

I had a similar problem once. The watch worked fine whilst wearing it. However every morning it was stopped on 5 seconds.

I noticed the second hand was slightly bent upwards hitting the crystal. So I opened her up, bent the second hand down a little. That was my fix anyway.

Robin195959

The pic wouldn't show the hand moving tho now would it? :P it's not a clear pic for me on the mobile iphone5 thingy.... Just goin on what the op put in the op... 24secs??

LOL. My watches look like they have stopped in photos too!!

FL13

Miyota 9015 can be "hand wound" too. unscrew the crown (if it's screw down) and in the first position, wind the crown top-forward. (clockwise)

You should feel minor resistance, the other direction (Counter Clockwise) should feel no resistance.

Wind it about 40 times. All of my 9015s are great, but if it is a movement issue, you can probably get a replacement inexpensively.

GenTLe

Let the looser to speak with himself. It's not me the idiot banned everywhere but here...

Back in topic, it can just be a pube (read: a little semi-invisible piece of dust/hair) which is stuck on some gear causing it.

Follow the suggestion of the guy over here that wrote to manually wind it and see if this makes the watch to run normally for like 10hr.

Miyota winds in one direction only so it may even be that (if you didn't wind it initially by hand) it has a too low power reserve...

BadPickle

Let the looser to speak with himself. It's not me the idiot banned everywhere but here...

Banned everywhere but here?? Talking bollocks outta that Italian arse again I see :lmao:

Why don't you hit the button again ;)

Rolexl0ver

Thanks for the help everyone! It has only stopped once since yesterday. There were 2 problems.

Problem 1: I am so stupid so after reading about the movement I thought that winding clockwise meant winding in the direction where you set the time forward. (Screwing the crown from top to bottom) so I winded it in the wrong direction....

Problem 2: There seems to be something wrong with the rotor or power reserve, so it doesn't wind itself from just having it on the wrist. I have to manually wind it 1 or 2 times per day.

However this doesn't bother me so much, because I like winding it manually. It somehow gives the watch more feel if you have to look after it, almost as if it was some sort of pet that I have to take care of. (weird metaphor...)

silentflight

Before I knew what I was doing, I dropped 200$ on a new ETA, thinking that would solve the problem of a stuttering seconds hand. It didn't.

Bending the seconds hand away from the crystal (0$) worked wonders though.

Its always the simple shit (does it have gas in it?).