Sign in to follow this  
ShovelnTC

My 2000th post!

ShovelnTC

Well guys this is my 2000th post.

Joined around 3 years ago when my son got a Rep for a gift.

After bringing it to me for a battery change I opened it up to find a mechanical movement which I was shocked as I never thought a cheap Rep would have a mechanical movement thus started my interest in Reps.

Shortly after joining and doing the usual Noobs minimal research my first purchase was a BK Sub which after all of my watch buying, researching and enthusiast refinement is still my favorite Rep and gets worn on regular rotation.

Through the next three years I have dabbled in various Rollies including the orig BK and a TC, Pams, IWC's, Tudors a Tag, a B&R and a couple of Omegas, also had a few modestly priced Gens as in a couple of Seiko's. a Steinheart, a Messerschmidt and the most expensive watch I've owned so far a Hamilton.

I always intended my Rep experience to be a fact finding mission in a quest for the Grail Gen but so far have just not found anything that keeps my interest long enough to entice me to buy the big one.

So far I have come tantalizingly close to actually laying down the cash for a Gen Sub-C, a Red bezelled Black Bay and a Blue bezeled Black Bay and have had the envelope full of cash in my pocket in each instance but just couldn't pry it from my pocket when the time came.

I've met a few of our members in person and have traded a swag of watches which have all been easy pleasant deals thanks to the guys involved and RWG for the opportunity so thanks to all involved for that.

So to date here is my collection and who knows what I may or may not buy in the future but I can say that it's been a pleasure being here among a bunch of like minded watch loving sarcastic politically incorrect nutters as you guys all are.

Cheers,

Mark.

97a8d937-7169-47be-8dd2-71e56acb9b62.jpg

splke

Tidy collection there pal I am trying to get mine down to one box

NCRich

Congrats? :lol:

Nice. Very similar tastes.

Ishmael

I love that the first watch you bought was a BK keeper! Excellent judgment :)

Cubic Hare

Congrats on 2K Mark. You have a nice collection there. Seeing as we are in the same neck of the woods it would be great to catch up one day.

cheers

Ian

fortman

Superb stuff there mate.

Congratulations on your post count too.! :beer:

ellistyle1

That b&r and the Tudor are great. The rest look good too. Congrats on the collection and the 2k contribution

jakethemouse

congratz on the 2K mate.

NFleischer

Congrats- that's a lot of shoveln

RussP

Well done, Mark.

You do realise that you can 'now' change your title from powermax to anything you fancy.

rickyrosey

Love the bell&ross

dave47

Well guys this is my 2000th post.

Joined around 3 years ago when my son got a Rep for a gift.

After bringing it to me for a battery change I opened it up to find a mechanical movement which I was shocked as I never thought a cheap Rep would have a mechanical movement thus started my interest in Reps.

Shortly after joining and doing the usual Noobs minimal research my first purchase was a BK Sub which after all of my watch buying, researching and enthusiast refinement is still my favorite Rep and gets worn on regular rotation.

Through the next three years I have dabbled in various Rollies including the orig BK and a TC, Pams, IWC's, Tudors a Tag, a B&R and a couple of Omegas, also had a few modestly priced Gens as in a couple of Seiko's. a Steinheart, a Messerschmidt and the most expensive watch I've owned so far a Hamilton.

I always intended my Rep experience to be a fact finding mission in a quest for the Grail Gen but so far have just not found anything that keeps my interest long enough to entice me to buy the big one.

So far I have come tantalizingly close to actually laying down the cash for a Gen Sub-C, a Red bezelled Black Bay and a Blue bezeled Black Bay and have had the envelope full of cash in my pocket in each instance but just couldn't pry it from my pocket when the time came.

I've met a few of our members in person and have traded a swag of watches which have all been easy pleasant deals thanks to the guys involved and RWG for the opportunity so thanks to all involved for that.

So to date here is my collection and who knows what I may or may not buy in the future but I can say that it's been a pleasure being here among a bunch of like minded watch loving sarcastic politically incorrect nutters as you guys all are.

Cheers,

Mark.

97a8d937-7169-47be-8dd2-71e56acb9b62.jpg

EXCELLENT post, Mark --and fab pics of your collection! Here's to another 2k of great posts and pics. (CLINK!!)

dave :beer2:

Simms

Congrats!

ShovelnTC

Thanks for the responses guys, much appreciated :beer2:

markeym3

Congrats on the 2k ...

I just passed my 2k post too after 6 years ..

great collection ..

marc

peteins

Congrats! Loving the ranger sneaking in the corner of the pic!

shokka9

Nice collection....

That B&R is next for me..........

Well done on reaching 2000 posts, thats some good going

Gazzla
dB0X4TU.gif

theJLC

Love the TC lV :)

onzenuub

Postwhore. :D

ShovelnTC

Tidy collection there pal I am trying to get mine down to one box

It's tough being as there are soooo many more watches beckoning, good luch with that!

Congrats? :lol:

Nice. Very similar tastes.

Great minds........

I love that the first watch you bought was a BK keeper! Excellent judgment :)

Yep still lovin the BK!

Congrats on 2K Mark. You have a nice collection there. Seeing as we are in the same neck of the woods it would be great to catch up one day.

cheers

Ian

We'll do it one day Ian.

Superb stuff there mate.

Congratulations on your post count too.! :beer:

Cheers mate.

That b&r and the Tudor are great. The rest look good too. Congrats on the collection and the 2k contribution

Thanks.

congratz on the 2K mate.

Cheers mate.

Congrats- that's a lot of shoveln

Yep I need to get a life.

Well done, Mark.

You do realise that you can 'now' change your title from powermax to anything you fancy.

Cheers Russ, took a little searching but done now, what do we get at 3000?

Love the bell&ross ��

I love the B&R but is has a NOISY rotor!

EXCELLENT post, Mark --and fab pics of your collection! Here's to another 2k of great posts and pics. (CLINK!!)

dave :beer2:

Much appreciated Dave!

Congrats!

Thanks!

Congrats on the 2k ...

I just passed my 2k post too after 6 years ..

great collection ..

marc

Cheers Marc and congrats back to you for yours!

Congrats! Loving the ranger sneaking in the corner of the pic!

Yeah I'm lucky to have so many "favourites".

Nice collection....

That B&R is next for me..........

Well done on reaching 2000 posts, thats some good going

Cheers and the B&R is a beauty but as noted above the rotor is noisy!

dB0X4TU.gif

Cheers mate.

Love the TC lV :)

Unfortunately in a moment of madness I sold my TC some time ago and that LV is a garden variety 2836 but is my most worn watch even so.

Postwhore. :D

You should talk :giggle: