Sign in to follow this  
kennycoder

IWC Top Gun Miramar Chrono from V6F (IW388002)

johnnyloco
I checked the trusted dealers page but didn't see any Kenny there. Which one is Kenny?

V6F is a different version? Because what i can find is V6 version.

When you said that you don't use chrono so it doesn't bother you. The chrono is not functioning in this watch?

I have checked the original strap, which is $289. I think it is a personal preference but that price seemed very silly since it is almost the same price of the watch, just like you said.

So you say that strap is still crap... :unsure:

And now i have seen another version which is this one:

http://www.intime01....rap-a51111.html

However it is indicated as 46mm of case diameter where the real one is 48mm as far as i know...

Kenny is the OP. Kennycoder. I bought his watch. The one in the OP. V6F is the factory. See the title of the thread.

Yes the chronograph functions. I just don't use it.

The link you post is the Big Pilot (BP) ceramic, not the watch in this thread. As far as I know, the BP reps are very accurate. I have two of them but not the ceramic one in your link, which I do like very much.

There is a lot of reading and research to do in this hobby. Enjoy it :).

I agree that there is a lot of reading to do, but keeping up with the Miramar has been about the hardest for me. I want to pull the trigger on one, but just can't be sure that I am getting it from the right factory (indeed what the right factory is). I also have some concerns about the strap.

JSJ
I checked the trusted dealers page but didn't see any Kenny there. Which one is Kenny?

V6F is a different version? Because what i can find is V6 version.

When you said that you don't use chrono so it doesn't bother you. The chrono is not functioning in this watch?

I have checked the original strap, which is $289. I think it is a personal preference but that price seemed very silly since it is almost the same price of the watch, just like you said.

So you say that strap is still crap... :unsure:

And now i have seen another version which is this one:

http://www.intime01....rap-a51111.html

However it is indicated as 46mm of case diameter where the real one is 48mm as far as i know...

Kenny is the OP. Kennycoder. I bought his watch. The one in the OP. V6F is the factory. See the title of the thread.

Yes the chronograph functions. I just don't use it.

The link you post is the Big Pilot (BP) ceramic, not the watch in this thread. As far as I know, the BP reps are very accurate. I have two of them but not the ceramic one in your link, which I do like very much.

There is a lot of reading and research to do in this hobby. Enjoy it :).

I agree that there is a lot of reading to do, but keeping up with the Miramar has been about the hardest for me. I want to pull the trigger on one, but just can't be sure that I am getting it from the right factory (indeed what the right factory is). I also have some concerns about the strap.

There is sometimes no 'right' factory. In practical terms, they are both right. If you want perfect, even the gens can have issues.

I have learnt that the straps and bracelets are as important as the watches in terms of the daily wearing and appearance. Therefore I often spend as much (or more) on the strap or bracelet as I do on the rep watch. My good quality Breitling SOH rep (I think £250 on M2M) sits on a £450 gen Breitling Milanese bracelet. It's a pleasure to wear.

fcoutinho

Well i'm currently waiting a IWC Chrono Petit Prince... Probably this will be my next buy .

I love the combo from the colour dial and the strap