Sign in to follow this  
pmartin245

DG2813?

pmartin245

Is this a DG2813? Watch was sold to me as a 28.8k bph but my timer says different. Movement is shot and needs replaced. Need to know what to purchase to send off to watchmith. And where to purchase? eBay? I'm located in ConUS. Thanks in advance.

X80UUvV.jpg

YJ1hFm2.jpg

Edit:

cSUpmZj.jpg

the_frenchman

All the movement disposal and that pink says to me it is a 2813.... Let the experts confirm our doubts

Edited by the_frenchman

NCRich

Your rotor is strategically placed over the most important part. :lol:

pmartin245
Your rotor is strategically placed over the most important part. :lol:

SHIT! More pics incoming.

pmartin245

There we go

ROLIE

2813 for sure and try the bay for a new one

fatarms

Yeah, 2813. If you're upgrading to a 2836 or something like that, you may also need different hands from what I've read about people upgrading from 21J to high beat movements.

JSJ

Cousinsuk or ofrei depending on where you are. Rolie knows about these things though so maybe he has a link to some on the bay?

GenTLe

Also toolbox2009 ebay shop has them at a good price. If you see the shop empty just replace .com with .co.uk and buy from the UK version of ebay.

NCRich

Yeah, 2813. If you're upgrading to a 2836 or something like that, you may also need different hands from what I've read about people upgrading from 21J to high beat movements.

New dial and hands. Better to spend $30 for 21j.

It is a very easy repair.

pmartin245
Also toolbox2009 ebay shop has them at a good price. If you see the shop empty just replace .com with .co.uk and buy from the UK version of ebay.
Cousinsuk or ofrei depending on where you are. Rolie knows about these things though so maybe he has a link to some on the bay?
2813 for sure and try the bay for a new one

Thanks all! Off to look for a 2813. A quick glance it looks like nobody on eBay carries these 2813 movements stateside. Guess I'll have to get one from overseas?

pmartin245

New dial and hands. Better to spend $30 for 21j.

It is a very easy repair.

Yeah. I agree. 21j suits me just fine and I dunno if a new hand set is worth the minute difference.

ROLIE

As gentle said toolbox2009 has them but his shop is only visible via ebay.com or you could try a search on the bay for 2813 .

Also a lot of the cheap automatic chinese watches on the bay have 2813 movements in

ROLIE

Found a 2813 for you type this into the search bar on ebay

272108659717 .

5teve

Could this movement be swapped out for a quartz?I need a movement aswell for a cheap project and there's some really cheap quartz on eBay

Foxindebox
Could this movement be swapped out for a quartz?I need a movement aswell for a cheap project and there's some really cheap quartz on eBay

The hands would probably be the wrong size and the dial feet wouldn't be in e correct place. More trouble than it's worth... :)

5teve

Cheers,dial feet I could get round easy enough,Hands resize maybe?Rainy day project LOL

BenjaminButton

I have a question. Would the date wheels be interchangeable on a dg2813. So in context - my faulty omega PO movement is now tinkered to death. So I want to replace the movement! Will the date wheel swap out with the one in the new movement?

JSJ
I have a question. Would the date wheels be interchangeable on a dg2813. So in context - my faulty omega PO movement is now tinkered to death. So I want to replace the movement! Will the date wheel swap out with the one in the new movement?

That was my first ever tinkering job. There's an old thread I wrote on it.

In my case the DW was interchangeable. Having seen many more movements now, I'd say mostly yes but you might be unlucky. Go for it!

BenjaminButton

In my case the DW was interchangeable. Having seen many more movements now, I'd say mostly yes but you might be unlucky. Go for it!

Go for is - it's gotta be the way. Normally resulting in the usual draw of failed attempts! But it's fun trying. Thank you Sir.

Going to search for your old thread. :)

JSJ

Go for is - it's gotta be the way. Normally resulting in the usual draw of failed attempts! But it's fun trying. Thank you Sir.

Very happy to try and help on here. Why not start a thread and post a few pics. We can do it.

ROLIE

your right on the ball

some yes and some no as it may fit ok but will not operate correctly as some are never alike

BenjaminButton

Very happy to try and help on here. Why not start a thread and post a few pics. We can do it.

I may wait until I have some level of success. If I posted my journey with my PO so far I would appear to be a man who should NEVER be let near any watch!

Seriously though you're right about starting a thread. These threads always get a lot of interest. We can do it. :)

pmartin245

272108659717 .

As gentle said toolbox2009 has them but his shop is only visible via ebay.com or you could try a search on the bay for 2813 .

Also a lot of the cheap automatic chinese watches on the bay have 2813 movements in

Thanks man! HoweverI am trying to find one in ConUS first instead of in HK/China.

BenjaminButton

272108659717 .

Thanks man! HoweverI am trying to find one in ConUS first instead of in HK/China.

Ofrei, as mentioned before?

http://www.ofrei.com/page1119.html