Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

Patek Worldtime 5131g THE DC PROJECT

anemeth

DC,

Very nice work!!!

Now I understand why there is a sunken dial and how they make it work.

peteins

Wow, awesome work fella, it looks much nicer than the gen gold version of the watch. Well done bud!

Its almost as if you have a gen little world on your wrist!

OLDBLOKE74

I was the custodian of the gold version for a while, like DC the occasions where I wore it were rare but I loved it for its rarity and detaiI. I also have a steel (w g) one which I wear quite a bit - feels like I now have a substandard version after following this thread

Good stuff DC

watchsean7

I know this is an old thread, but any chance to see these pics.  So many forum posts are gone now, because of that hosting service. :(

World timers are my favorite and.... frankly world timer reps are hard to find. (any suggestions?)  Anyway, would love to see this. :)

Thanks everyone anyway, I still learn a ton. 

_DC_
27 minutes ago, watchsean7 said:

I know this is an old thread, but any chance to see these pics.  So many forum posts are gone now, because of that hosting service. :(

World timers are my favorite and.... frankly world timer reps are hard to find. (any suggestions?)  Anyway, would love to see this. :)

I've simply not had time to copy all the images over, but I believe if you click on the pictures they do open up in Photobucket I believe!!

For the sake of ease, here's the ultimate end result of this project, two 5131s, one 5131g and one 5131j...

IMG_9317.jpg

DC

GenTLe
3 hours ago, watchsean7 said:
World timers are my favorite and.... frankly world timer reps are hard to find. (any suggestions?)  Anyway, would love to see this.

If you click on the pics and go through the redirection to photobucket page, they are all there (at least it works from Tapatalk and mobile phone).

Edited by GenTLe

watchsean7
7 hours ago, _DC_ said:

I've simply not had time to copy all the images over, but I believe if you click on the pictures they do open up in Photobucket I believe!!

For the sake of ease, here's the ultimate end result of this project, two 5131s, one 5131g and one 5131j...

I also didnt know this!!  Thank you Mate. :)    Made my day!!

Oh and PS. I love the world timer, I am going to re-read the whole thread now.   

Just looked at all your pictures - all I have to say it WOW!!!  WOW!!  This may be my favorite post.  Amazing work!!

I love that the 24 hour hand moves and it works.  Just amazing!!!

Thanks again! :)

Edited by watchsean7

enkebabtack

Wow.
I don´t think I'd ever imagine myself wanting a world timer, but damn that is classy!