Sign in to follow this  
Nickfive

MY favourite watch at the moment is.....

Nickfive

I've been thinking about this and I'm trying to talk myself out of just purchasing the best DSSD blue I can find to cure my addiction lol, do you think it's worth it? or should I go for something else?

my current DSSD is a 21j and I'd hopefully be looking at a noob 3115, maybe a red second hand mod if possible.

thoughts?

Meh, I assume you mean the NOOB V6S with the 3135 movement (there is no such thing as a 3115, to my knowledge anyway), and I'd stay far, far away from the Asian 3135 ,unless it's a Yuki.

Not sure what you're trying to achieve with the change of movement-- better reliability, smoother winding, appearance closer to the gen? As far as appearances go, it's a closed caseback, so what difference does it make? If you're looking for a "smoother sweep" of the second hand, that has to do with the frequency of the movement, i.e. the BPH, not the number of "jewels" or "quality" of the mechanism. 28,800 BPH = 8 "beats" per second= the number of "stutters" of the second hand as it moves from one second to the next. The new NOOB V6S with the A2836 movement might be a worthwhile upgrade for you though...

my apologies, I did mean the 3135, was looking at toro's perfect edition one.

I guess you're right, I probably wouldn't notice much difference to the one I've already got, just needed someone to tell me :)

Cleebeauregard

I get it-- it is an amazing rep, and just makes you wish that they were all this good--I've got a "blue dial" DSSD with A2836 that I purchased from Marvelous Replica about a year and a half ago-- It was one of my earlier reps, and it's still one of my best!

IMG_0219_zpsfmjqton7.jpg

lmvfernandes

What about this:

xTWLneh.jpg

KYIZisU.jpg

Nickfive

I get it-- it is an amazing rep, and just makes you wish that they were all this good--I've got a "blue dial" DSSD with A2836 that I purchased from Marvelous Replica about a year and a half ago-- It was one of my earlier reps, and it's still one of my best!

IMG_0219_zpsfmjqton7.jpg

what a beauty!

What about this:

xTWLneh.jpg

KYIZisU.jpg

never really been a huge fan of Oris, it does look nice in your pics though!

Godfathar

Why did you hate it in the past if I may ask?

Nickfive

Why did you hate it in the past if I may ask?

i couldn't get used to the way it sat on the wrist, it's a real awkward shape and no matter how much i played with the adjuster and removing links, i couldn't find that sweet-spot, now i have and i love it. The awkward shape in my eyes now makes it even more loveable!

i'm really torn as to whether i should buy a top end version or just stick to loving the one ive got

Abe Fromen

Same yet different.

8c23364cf8e54b272c6b5220d4d21be9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Blue/yellow version of this is fantastic too.

Left Coast Guy

I'm in the same boat as you....never really had a draw to Rolex for lots of reasons, but got a cheapy D-Blue and loved it so ended up upgrading to the top version.

The D-Blue is a kind of weird one though, because its big and heavy, but still relatively small in diameter, or at least feels that way on the wrist.....not many others like that. In terms of watches I like that feels similar, I'd recommend the AP Diver on bracelet, Breitling Super Ocean Abyss (bracelet or strap), and a PAM 127 -- all are bigger watches that wear a little smaller than their size. IMHO, when you start getting to the PAM Subs and the Breitling Super Avengers, you're talking about a whole lot of watch. Can be cumbersome on the wrist.

stevok2305

Fell in love with this when I tried it on at an AD yesterday, just can't afford the real thing so have got Reg on the lookout for one on his next trip to Thailand. Unless anyone has one they are willing to let go.

TudorHeritageChronoBlue-11.jpg

pipi-26

Currently I am tempted by the PVD pam pre-v and pre-a sausage dial model.

I.e. Pre-a 004...etc.

They are so unique and fantastic for me, and look forward to collect them as I can!

Any folks would like to sell, please don't be hesitant to PM as well.

oscarmadfish

i am also a big fan of the DSSD = i had a BK one in the past but moved it on when my love for reps died NOW I WANT ANOTHER LOL = that MR one looks very nice indeed