Sign in to follow this  
boredpanda

Differences between Moneygram vs WU?

boredpanda

Hi all, hope y'all don't mind a quick question.

Anyone knows the difference between Moneygram an Western Union? Do moneygram have less fees?

Or why do most TD's prefer moneygram.

Baldrick

Moneygram is essentially the same as WU......main difference is it's easier to use...costs were(?) less expensive....retail outlets were fewer than WU..although there are approx 30+ within a 5 mile radius of my address.....not sure about on-line facilities....and they don't seem as vigilant or as punitive as WU......very easy to use in the UK at most Post Offices...same as EU.!

greg_r

^^this.

Dealers prefer Moneygram as their transactions are less likely to get blocked. WU has become that much more difficult of late.

Baldrick

A certain ex-dealer and long time member of the forums told me that he had taken many hundreds if not thousands of Moneygram payments with never a problem.....unlike WU where he had a lot of problems with names..addresses and wrong MTCN numbers....swore by Moneygram as the best service :D

Said his only problem was the embarrassment of handing over 20-30 MG payment slips daily at the various outlets in Thailand...as he always caused a queue !!!

bigmak

Yes plus signing up to moneygram is super fast and payment can be sent immediately. You don't even need the receivers address, just their name, then you pass on the reference code.

chickenflex

It seems that you can send money online via MoneyGram (at least from the UK), can anyone confirm that it's the case?

Sorry for my noobish-ness

stevok2305

Yep. Using Moneygram online is a piece of cake. Used it several times to pay Robbie with no problem whatsoever.

Edited by stevok2305

bigmak

Yes even without having an account, you can send money online rapidly

boredpanda

Haha thanks guys! That's pretty much all I needed to know.

Don't think moneygram can be sent online in all countries though. I tried finding that option but to no avail

Baldrick

Haha thanks guys! That's pretty much all I needed to know.

Don't think moneygram can be sent online in all countries though. I tried finding that option but to no avail

Yeah...I don't think it's available in Kambi Bulongo....need to make do with carrier pigeonj !!!