Sign in to follow this  
Philliptaylor

Pam 312 Stopped :(

Philliptaylor

Hi all,

I have had my pam 312 for around 2 years now with no real issues.

I did notice the movement become loud as it wound but did not worry to much.

Now though my pam is dead ????

It seams the movement in the casing has jammed and will not spin/wind the watch anymore.

It's a Pam 312 Asian 7750 Automatic movement from perfect clones.

Anyone experienced this before?

Will I need to send to a watch repairer to fix?

Or is this something I can tackle myself?

Thanks in advance ????

myaz

After 2 years, it could be a vast number of things. 7750s are complex movements that many watchsmiths will not tackle. unless you see an obvious loose screw or other loose thingy stuck in the balance wheel, I would have someone experienced look at it and pray that all you need is a service.

BadPickle

Will it work hand winding? Might be the gears on the auto wind bridge are stripped/fucked

GenTLe

After 2 years, it could be a vast number of things. 7750s are complex movements that many watchsmiths will not tackle. unless you see an obvious loose screw or other loose thingy stuck in the balance wheel, I would have someone experienced look at it and pray that all you need is a service.

This is valid.mainly for the chrono versions.

The one with just the running sec at 9 and no chrono is just a bit more difficult than a 2836.

Op I didn't understand if the jammed part is the rotor of the autowind or the balance. If it is the autowind rotor maybe it is just the central screw that is loose.

ROLIE

most likely the reverser wheel is fooked if its really hard to manual wind or feels rough

Philliptaylor

It did work hand winding, but after a while this seized up and now will not wind.

If I give the watch a shake, the movement seems to free it's self and will gain some power again.

Then after a while will stop.

Seems like it just needs some oil to loosen it up.

ROLIE

don't think a little oil would do the trick , sounds like it needs a strip down and looking at as I would guess there's a lot of dirt and crap under the plates

domiffm

where are u located? maybe there are rep friendyl watchsmiths in your area.. for germany i can recommend a few.