Sign in to follow this  
Cleebeauregard

My first vintage--- 5512 by Pratt

Cleebeauregard

My first foray into the vintage Rolex world, a ref. 5512 cartel 4-line, aged and modded by Pratt:

IMG_3203_zpslheorw6v.jpg

IMG_3204_zpsclldwpkt.jpg

psyphyc

That's a sharp looking piece. Pratt builds are some of the best out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chiruku

Stunning mate - picked up my first Pratto Pam a few months back - will have to try him out on a Rollie as this looks awesome.

Abe Fromen

Very nice!! Wear in excellent health!

Cleebeauregard

Yeah, his work is pretty freakin' amazing. Even more amazing, I think he only started doing this stuff a couple years ago...

Robin195959

That's a really nice job. Well done Pratt and enjoy it Clee

Khronos

Congrats mate, it looks sharp!

BadPickle

what did pratt do? the scope of the works?

Khronos

He pratts them. You know that...

Bash64

I think that one looks quite exceptional. I like the well-kept aged look, rather than "rusty,found it in the shed".

Slink73

what did pratt do? the scope of the works?

Yeah does he take a base watch you provide or is this a complete purchase - and if so what has he done to this watch in this case?

It looks so very good I want to know how I ask for the same thing :drool:

Enjoy wearing it!

Edited by Slink73

tomviadeans

Nice Watch

Khronos

Isn't it? Post whoring is nice too...

Cleebeauregard

All in favor of post whoring, respond here with "aye"; those not in favor of post-whoring may also post whore by responding "nay"

elp

and those on the fence?

Nice watch by the way :)

Cleebeauregard

Seriously though, Pratt uses a variety of techniques-- acid baths, tumbling cases with rocks, acrylic paint mixed with bits of iron dust, etc. You can learn all about it on his thread over at RWI, or ask him any question you like :lol: :

https://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/224561-The-addiction-continues

Although he typically just posts his latest works for sale, I think he also does custom work on any watch you'd like to provide to him.

BadPickle
Seriously though, Pratt uses a variety of techniques-- acid baths, tumbling cases with rocks, acrylic paint mixed with bits of iron dust, etc. You can learn all about it on his thread over at RWI, or ask him any question you like :lol: :

Although he typically just posts his latest works for sale, I think he also does custom work on any watch you'd like to provide to him.

Yes I'm aware of who Pratt is, and the speed of which he creates these and many other builds/mods <-- whatever you want to call them, but what did he do to yours?

If I had to guess, and I'm looking at a very small pic on the iPhone here, I would guess at a stock silix/cartel 21j, coffee/tea mix to age the dial and hands, a bit off a scuffing and a bashing to give the case the aged look, beach aged the bezel insert :ohwell:

But I could be wrong

edwinowl

Yes I'm aware of who Pratt is, and the speed of which he creates these and many other builds/mods <-- whatever you want to call them, but what did he do to yours?

If I had to guess, and I'm looking at a very small pic on the iPhone here, I would guess at a stock silix/cartel 21j, coffee/tea mix to age the dial and hands, a bit off a scuffing and a bashing to give the case the aged look, beach aged the bezel insert :ohwell:

But I could be wrong

You're not wrong I don't believe.

Cleebeauregard

https://www.replica-...ction-continues

But I could be wrong

Sorry, I'm sure forum veterans know who Pratt is, my comments were meant more for the newbies that might be reading this thread, i.e. Slink75... And you're right on the money on the works for this watch-- Cartel 5512 given a bath, a bashing, and the ole' espresso dial/hands treatment.

franzyldn

hi dear forum

Just bought a vintage 5512 from MR and I am already looking for some mods to have a real vintage look

So far I got that RolexAddict does a really good work but I don't know Pratt... how can I get in touch with him?

thanks a lot

franz

BadPickle

hi dear forum

Just bought a vintage 5512 from MR and I am already looking for some mods to have a real vintage look

So far I got that RolexAddict does a really good work but I don't know Pratt... how can I get in touch with him?

thanks a lot

franz

theres a link to this "pratt" fellow in the posts. follow that to RWI and send him a massage :D

elp

hi dear forum

thanks a lot

franz

theres a link to this "pratt" fellow in the posts. follow that to RWI and send him a massage :D

How do you do that? Voucher for massage and happy ending?

BadPickle

hi dear forum

thanks a lot

franz

just massage, let them get acquainted first ;)

elp

hi dear forum

thanks a lot

franz

OK, I trust your superior experience :)

BadPickle

hi dear forum

thanks a lot

franz

OK, I trust your superior experience :)

:lol: