Sign in to follow this  
Del

Christopher Ward C7 Rapide, Royal Mail not so much...

Del

I ordered my third Christopher Ward watch last Sunday and paid for next day delivery (i.e. Tuesday) but it didn't arrive as expected. After talking to Christopher Ward's Customer Service, I discovered that Royal Mail had cocked up the Special Delivery service on 50% of the watches despatched on Monday.

On the plus side, Christopher Ward were excellent and immediately refunded my full postage, and kept me up to date with progress (or lack of) from Royal Mail. The good news is that the watch arrived today. :)

So, to the watch itself! It is a C7 Rapide Chronograph Mk II with the following specifications:-

• Diameter: 42mm
  • Height: 10.7mm
  • Calibre: Ronda 3540.D
  • Case:316L stainless steel
  • Water Resistance: 10 ATM
  • Strap: 22mm
  • Dial: White
  • Lug to Lug: 48.67mm
  • Sapphire crystal with AR
  • Screw-in crown
  • Superluminova
  • Italian leather strap with CW buckle

It's another Swiss quartz movement model and this particular movement is the first Swiss quartz movement with sub-dials at the 6, 9 and 12 o'clock positions. Plus it has a battery-saving mode with the crown stem pulled out (reduces battery consumption by 70 per cent), and a dual function chronograph sub-dial at 12 o'clock which allows the watch to be measure from tenths-of-a-second all the way to 10 hours. Running seconds are at 6 o'clock so you hardly notice the "tick"!

The Italian leather strap is really nice and was soft and supple right out the box. However, this standard-size strap was slightly too big for me so rather than punch a new hole I emailed CW's Customer Service to ask if I could purchase a smaller size. They replied promptly to say that they had posted me a small size strap today and that once I find the best combination of long and short sides (between the two straps) then they will arrange for me to return the sides that I don't need - superb aftersales service! :woo:

All in all, I'm really pleased with this one and I think it looks great.

Finally, here are a few quick iPhone snaps from tonight - I'll probably do a proper photoshoot in due course! ;)

27065585171_493c7bc689_b.jpg

27100718346_884e479174_b.jpg

27065579491_7fc8f0dc0f_b.jpg

26859746230_0c4755dd9e_b.jpg

MetalMickey

I was just thinking of buying one of these, del - I've been looking at the blue but can't see where my extra £200 is going... I was worried that the hands would be hard to see on the white dial - how is it in 'real life'?

Walesy

Liking that Del...lovely new purchase mate!!

Del

I was just thinking of buying one of these, del - I've been looking at the blue but can't see where my extra £200 is going... I was worried that the hands would be hard to see on the white dial - how is it in 'real life'?

The hands are very easy to read - they are stainless steel and have an apex down their centre line (don't know the correct term) so the light catches them are all angles - you can see what I mean from the pics above. Honestly, they are as clear as a bell against the white dial.

Liking that Del...lovely new purchase mate!!

Thanks! :)

Moondustesp

Thats a stunner like that alot enjoy

MetalMickey

The hands are very easy to read - they are stainless steel and have an apex down their centre line (don't know the correct term) so the light catches them are all angles - you can see what I mean from the pics above. Honestly, they are as clear as a bell against the white dial.

Thanks... White is back at the top of my list...

Gazzla
2NPPA45.gif

Del

Thanks all! :thumbsup2:

MAJ75

Congratulations on an excellent purchase. I love the design of the chronos on the face & the extra detail on the pushers really makes a difference......

Wear it in the finest of health.......

Del
Congratulations on an excellent purchase. I love the design of the chronos on the face & the extra detail on the pushers really makes a difference......

Wear it in the finest of health.......

Thanks. It is obviously heavily influenced by the Tag Carrera but it has some of its own features too as you mention. :)

nunu78

Love it

charlesanderika

Really nice looking CW Del.

They really do look after their customers very well. I've had 3 CW's and the last one a Trident 600 came with the strap detached from the watch.

I dropped them a mail to let them know and said it was no big thing, next day they mailed to apologise and say that had posted to me a new SS bracelet to go on the Trident to make up for the issue.

I'm down in New Zealand - now thats what i call great customer service and will I buy from them again? - you bet (though not so sure of the new logo)

Nugget001

Oh great another bloody watch brand I've never heard of until I found this forum LOL

Awesome looking watch Del

Off to check out the Christopher Ward site now

Del
Really nice looking CW Del.

They really do look after their customers very well. I've had 3 CW's and the last one a Trident 600 came with the strap detached from the watch.

I dropped them a mail to let them know and said it was no big thing, next day they mailed to apologise and say that had posted to me a new SS bracelet to go on the Trident to make up for the issue.

I'm down in New Zealand - now thats what i call great customer service and will I buy from them again? - you bet (though not so sure of the new logo)

Thanks mate. :)

Great to hear your story too - they do seem to be switched on to good customer service.

Oh great another bloody watch brand I've never heard of until I found this forum LOL

Awesome looking watch Del

Off to check out the Christopher Ward site now

:lol: Yup, happened to me a while back too! :D

Love it

Thanks mate. :)