Sign in to follow this  
13oots2

Is this worthy of a complaint to a TD?

13oots2

I received my Planet Ocean Chrono today and all is pretty good but only the dial marker at 7 glows with any brightness, it's a shame as the hands and the one marker are fantastic. The photo's shown on the watch page show a much better lume than I have for most of the markers and that aside have been very happy with the whole process. Am I just being a whinging Pome worrying about the lume?

Otherwise the watch appears to be pretty close to the original and has been tested by the TD to +10 seconds a day.

RichardMiami

Why not just write the TD an email and ask?

It would be helpful if you took a lume pic which showed the problem, and included that.

Be polite and ask the TD what he thinks... without demanding things.

13oots2

Why not just write the TD an email and ask?

It would be helpful if you took a lume pic which showed the problem, and included that.

Be polite and ask the TD what he thinks... without demanding things.

This will test my photographic skills, it really is a shame as the rest of the watch is great. Will get some pictures up of it in it's glory.

deju

Get a relume, rep Lume is always a bit shady.

Kenny would be worth a shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left Coast Guy

So you're just saying the lume isn't as bright as you'd like? No, that's probably not a good complaint.

13oots2

Get a relume, rep Lume is always a bit shady.

Kenny would be worth a shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No the lume on one of the markers is 10x as bright as the rest, if it were all even it would be fine

MetalMickey

Does it match the QC photos? You would expect it to be noticeable on there if it is as different as you say.

Chiruku

Another vote on sending it off to Kenny - I had something very similar happen (not to the extent of yours by the sounds of it) - when you get it back from him you'll be amazed :B):

elp

Curious - lume pics are difficult to evaluate as by varying the exposure time you can show anything you want, but the difference between the 7 marker and the others is weird.

Typically rep lume is quite crappy - my first PO I sent straight to Matej (KeNnY) for reluming which made a huge difference.

As always, you can ask the TD if unhappy, but must be prepared for the usual answer: send it back to China at your cost, I will evaluate / repair / replace. This process may take awhile.

LunchMoney

In general, how much does getting a watch re lumed cost? I have a watch that has, wait for it, crap lume too. Well I think I have a few. Just curious if there is a general ballpark cost on how much. We talking $50 or $150?

Daywatch

If all is good, keep it, the next one might be a little but not a lot better what regards the lume. Either use it as is or get the relume done by Kenny - that will be bright.

For a Chrono and with shipping You´re more in the $150 ballpark.

Edited by Daywatch

JSJ

Depends on the watch. Nearer $150.

Nickfive

I always ask to see a lume shot in the QC picks, if its poor it gets rejected. I would not class you as 'moaning' for expecting a half decent lume for your money.

ns1515

my Pam 087 i just got from Mary has no lume at all. pics show lume but none when i got it. beautiful watch, just wished it glowed! how do i get ahold of Kenny?

splke

don't get the lume thing really I know they look nice but rarely do they last long enough to be of real use

I would rather the watch be reliable

JSJ
my Pam 087 i just got from Mary has no lume at all. pics show lume but none when i got it. beautiful watch, just wished it glowed! how do i get ahold of Kenny?

Search the members list and send him a PM.

BadPickle
don't get the lume thing really I know they look nice but rarely do they last long enough to be of real use

+1 who the fuck tells the time in the dark anyway? :lol:

stevok2305

Exactly. Got watches that are so fucking bright you could read by them (oh alright, look at the pictures :giggle: )

RUSH2112

No lume pics still?

Robin195959

+ 1million. I wonder if anyone buying a gen ever bothered with 'lume'........ Wait for it........ I meant other than lume obsessed rep buyers on forums like this.

Robin195959

Have you shone a light on it to 'charge' it?

LunchMoney

Clearly, most who buy a rep don't tell time in the dark cause the lume sucks.

fatarms

No pics?

RUSH2112

Need lume pics

Shine bright light on watch.

Go into dark room.

Take pic.

Upload pic

JSJ

+ 1million. I wonder if anyone buying a gen ever bothered with 'lume'........ Wait for it........ I meant other than lume obsessed rep buyers on forums like this.

Me.

I wear the watch all night and if I wake up I can tell the time by looking at my watch (no, really???). I was using gen lume for telling the time in the dark many years before I bought a rep.

Call me a fucking weirdo. :daffy: