Steph Deux

PAM 356 Daylight Titanium A7750 from Noob

Steph Deux

Hey All,

Finally time to take the plunge!

I've narrowed it down to three. The above (I thought there was a nice review here, now I can't find it):

http://www.kuvarsitw...7750.from-noob/

The Panerai PAM356 O from Noob.A7753:

http://www.kuvarsitw...rom-noob.a7753/

And a flyer, the U-Boat Chimera U-51 Green Line Limited Edition A7750:

http://www.kuvarsitw...-leather.a7750/

I have read an enormous amount about the three, some of it dated, some recent. The watch band on the subject line leaves some to be desired, and so on and so forth.

Do any of you pros out there have an opinion on which one is the most accurate and most well-built rep? I know that's an opinion call, and I'm leaning towards the 326, but I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts?

I'm on watch overload at this point, and for some reason Google stopped returning searches for me.

Thank you for your time, I have learned so much over the past two weeks.

Edited by Steph Deux
Idiocy

ALE7575

If you are looking about accuracy PAM 356 Noob is almost perfect and with close caseback

ALE

Steph Deux

If you are looking about accuracy PAM 356 Noob is almost perfect and with close caseback

Thank you for the heads up! I'm teetering between the two. You like the 356, the caseback just isn't engraved deep enough?

By the way, your PAM bible is amazing. I think a lot of my PAM overload came from reading that thing. Simply wonderful. I don't know if you want updates, but under the PAM 326 heading, all of the links are dead except for the last one, pf-818.com. Am I missing any other comments other than the band on the 326?

Thank you very much!

ALE7575

Thanks for your kind words

It is almost impossible tp update the links because dealers are changing of website address many times

If you have the skills you can change the text of the link and the Hiperlink and many of them will work

PAM 326 being with blue and sunburst dial is never perfect and has more inaccuracies than PAM 356. Besides titanium case is prone to scratches and more with a big watch like 326. I'm careful with my watches but my 326 is full of marks and scratches, whereas my 356 is like new.

ALE

Steph Deux

That's the exact thing I've been struggling with, I've owned titanium before. Works wonders on an SR-71--rings and watches, not so much.

I figured on the links. Either way, I've been wading through that thing a lot. I really do appreciate it.

Sakurai

I have both the 326 and the 356 in my collection, and as much as I love the 326, the 356 definitely is my favourite of the two.

black263

I got excited when I thought this was a review. Meh.

tonyh7

Beware Pams are like Pokemon. Once you have one you've got to catch them all! Ale's guide is like the ultimate Pokedex!

Steph Deux

I have both the 326 and the 356 in my collection, and as much as I love the 326, the 356 definitely is my favourite of the two.

Excellent. I sent Amanda an MTCN number not ten minutes ago.

356 won, but I have my fingers crossed that someone will do a better version of the 326.

Steph Deux

I got excited when I thought this was a review. Meh.

Welp, I had planned on it. 356 won.

Does anyone have a link to the "How to buy a rep" (I don't remember the exact title) thread? I can't find it now.

Or, does anyone have any idea why Google never returns any results? That's getting really irritating.

kolchak

isn't PC selling the 356 and other 7753 daylights for $228?

Steph Deux

Which is irritating the crap out of me right now. I get that things change, go on sale, et cetera. The timing simply couldn't have been worse. C'est la vie.

pimsis

I feel you mate. Bought a PAM M2M on RWI, 2 weeks later the price from a TD lowers by 50%. Could have bought almost 2 new watches. But as you said, yes, c'est la vie and part of this hobby.

Steph Deux

Hey All,

This is irritating as hell, some parts the crown guard just disappeared off of the watch. D'oh! I get that things won't be perfect, but sheesh. Short of a watchmaker or a jeweler deliberately removing these parts it, there's no reason in hell for it to have disappeared.

I emailed Kuvarsit, and they've apologised that they no longer produce the watch, so no replacement parts.

Does anyone have any idea how to go about finding replacements? I've asked Kuvarsit if the OEM gen parts would fit, but no response yet.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks!!

6iYkJgHm.png

6RnwTw3m.jpg

Uq2UpPXm.jpg

Edited by Steph Deux

Piloten

I might have a crown guard that fits. Will check and get back.

Steph Deux
1 hour ago, Piloten said:

I might have a crown guard that fits. Will check and get back.

That would be great, thank you!!

McGilli

You've  had it for a year right? Do you think the guard screws just came loose over time?

Steph Deux
On 11/29/2017 at 21:13, McGilli said:

You've  had it for a year right? Do you think the guard screws just came loose over time?

Well, I'm sure it's possible, of course.

My thought was that it was a permanent part of the watch. I wouldn't expect the diving bezel to come loose over time either.

Needless to say, it's frustrating.

mysterio

It's always recommended to have the crown guard screws applied with some Loctite 243 or some other wek threadlocker to make sure they don't go anywhere.

Steph Deux

Clearly. Sheesh.

Thanks for the tip!

mysterio
On 5/29/2018 at 08:18, Steph Deux said:

Clearly. Sheesh.

Thanks for the tip!

Some watches have had their screws locked with threadlocker OTB although it's not a standard practice, not even for the same model from the same factory. I've read more lost crown guard stories than I care to remember so this is something I'm prone to repeat.

Steph Deux

That is absolutely insane to me.  If your application requires screws that do not come loose, then make sure that they do not.

"Oh, your oil pan fell off? You mean you didn't bother to crawl under your new car and add Loctite to the screws? Yeah, yer supposed to do that."

pstar_1980

It has to be the 356 all day, every day. Good choice!

Theduke.williams
2 hours ago, Steph Deux said:

That is absolutely insane to me.  If your application requires screws that do not come loose, then make sure that they do not.

"Oh, your oil pan fell off? You mean you didn't bother to crawl under your new car and add Loctite to the screws? Yeah, yer supposed to do that."

Funny you should say that, I recently had a Chrysler Grand Voyager, that had an oil leak because.... you guessed it!

The oil pan (sump) bolts had loosened!

Back to the topic, I love Titanium watches, they scratch up quickly, but are light on the wrist, I think the scratches adds to the originality of the watch.

Steph Deux

Must have been using the same ingénieur.