Sign in to follow this  
Khronos

I got scammed on RWI

Khronos

There was an add for a Seiko SKX009, brand new and mint.

Came to an understanding with the seller, he said if I pay right away by PP gift, he'd ship the watch on Monday morning. I paid and sent him my adress and he apologized that he can't do it on Monday, but will do it on Tuesday.

I contacted him on Thursday, since there was no word from him...and noticed his thread being marked with "Staff hold" on Friday...because he hasn't responded to the buyer and he removed all of his photos...and I'm thinking:"Hey, how do they know he's not responding..........................................bloody fuck, I'm not the only one!!!!!!!!!!

And I was right, the wanker has apparently scammed four members and disappeared.

Nothing can be done really, we all paid with PP gift.

His Paypal account is: [email protected] to the name Chris Jame. There's also an email in the PP contacts with the name Enzo Calligo.

Apparently he's from Aberdeen.

So if anyone gets an offer with any of these details, do stay away.

WatchDog21

Sorry to hear this. Maybe TB and greg will confer on the matter and head him off at the pass before he attempts it here.

Andylaw1919

Can't you contact your credit card company and reverse the transaction?

Edited by Andylaw1919

onzenuub

And did you alert the moderators at RWI about this?

RUSH2112

I think he's warning us, not asking us to solve his problem.

Andylaw1919

I know. But its just a suggestion since he said "Nothing can be done really, we all paid with paypal gift" :)

Khronos

Yeah, everyone has already been contacted and they did everything they could about it. And there's nothing they can do to him..I asked Greg if I could post a warning here and he has already checked if there's anyone here with any of those details.

I went to my bank and they've filed a claim to Paypal to reverse the payment, but they say it's a long shot. And only a fraction has been paid from my CC...can't do anything about the funds from the PP balance.

I just got too comfortable with PP gift business and let my guard down..live and learn..

dalboy
And did you alert the moderators at RWI about this?

^^^^ This.

Khronos

I know. But its just a suggestion since he said "Nothing can be done really, we all paid with paypal gift" :)

Thanks mate, appreciated :) !

Khronos

The seller has deleted all of his pictures and his Photobucket account and hasn't logged to RWI ever since he pulled the scam. He doesn't reply to e-mails. What can you do really?

dalboy
The seller has deleted all of his pictures and his Photobucket account and hasn't logged to RWI ever since he pulled the scam. He doesn't reply to e-mails. What can you do really?

Hope that he scams the wrong person and gets sorted...Royally !

Sakurai

Probably not much to do other than to charge ahead into the future - still sucks though. What about his persona on RWI, was he a relatively new member or one with a bit of history? If the latter, then he might resurface in the watch community again down the road - and get what's coming! Pice of shit low life!

andyboy

Sorry to hear that Khronos

RWI have shared the info with us regarding this scumbag and we are on the lookout for him here.

Khronos

Thanks fellas!

Karma is a bitch and I'm sure he's in for a treat down the road. I'd just like to be there when it happens :)

What troubles me the most is, that it was a gift for someone special and I was supposed to give it tomorrow...and now I have nothing but a card with some corny verses..

@dalboy: He was pretty new, a member since April 2016, but has managed to post 150 posts. Not a complete noob, just enough to trust him with a "gift"..

onzenuub

Thanks fellas!

..and now I have nothing but a card with some horny verses..

Just to help you... fixed. :P

Stewart

Seems like every time I get on RWI there is some scammer in the M2M sales (staff hold stuff).

Sorry to hear about this. I have been through a similar ordeal too and it sucks. Just got to put it behind you.

Khronos

Yeah, horny verses should do it and I'll also include the free links to:

"Pics of girls taking pics of themselves with phones in mirrors"

and a classic:

"Best of Boobs"

in the Section8.

That has to be worth at least as much as a Seiko :D

onzenuub
:lol:

Khronos

Seems like every time I get on RWI there is some scammer in the M2M sales (staff hold stuff).

Sorry to hear about this. I have been through a similar ordeal too and it sucks. Just got to put it behind you.

It's much more common there as it is here, don't know why.

Lesson learned!

And it's also a good step in the rep "buy-flip" rehab that I'm attempting ATM :D

MetalMickey

It's a bigger forum, that's all. The staff at RWi do an amazing job keeping so many scammers out.

I am gutted for you, it's horrible to hear stories like this. I hope he is found and gets his just desserts

deju

I read your post on RWI it's a crap position to be in but again as members mentioned it's all legal above board and you can contact the police about this fraud!

I don't know if Greg / TB will allow the posting of personal details but I would put it everywhere, I'd also set about finding them on Facebook adding all their friends and family to let them know what a lovely member of society they are!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James.

Sorry to hear you got got.

Personally id only EVER pay PP "gift" so someone ive dealt with before.

The risk associated with the "gift" option for me is not worth the 3-4% saving, especially when you're talking about only a few bucks!

Steph Deux

I think he's trying to help, not asking us if he can.

tabuktime

It's much more common there as it is here, don't know why.

Lesson learned!

And it's also a good step in the rep "buy-flip" rehab that I'm attempting ATM :D

I know why, because we're not cunts.

Khronos

That's probably it..the majority of permanent members wouldn't qualify as a cunt over here. RWG is my base forum, this is almost like a family and I feel at home here. And I don't expect a member of my family to have scamming ambitions with me.

But I guess I got too comfortable, as I've mentioned before and confused RWI for RWG...I didn't think twice before I pulled the trigger. I really didn't see it coming, I swear...

I don't know about going to the police about this..I live in Slovenia and the scammer is from the UK and I'm pretty sure that our academics at the station wouldn't know what to do :) But I do know a couple of officers and I'll ask if something can be done on the international level.

Do you guys think that his real name is Chris Jame if it says so in Paypal? Or can someone just make it up, like a nick on a forum?

I just need to be more careful about giving people PP gifts in the future...and maybe stick to RWG.