Sign in to follow this  
Khronos

I got scammed on RWI

DR3M3L
The seller has deleted all of his pictures and his Photobucket account and hasn't logged to RWI ever since he pulled the scam. He doesn't reply to e-mails. What can you do really?

All pictures are cached by default on RWI, so even tho' the pics are deleted we'll still have 'm on disk.

DR3M3L
That's probably it..the majority of permanent members wouldn't qualify as a cunt over here. RWG is my base forum, this is almost like a family and I feel at home here. And I don't expect a member of my family to have scamming ambitions with me.

But I guess I got too comfortable, as I've mentioned before and confused RWI for RWG...I didn't think twice before I pulled the trigger. I really didn't see it coming, I swear...

I don't know about going to the police about this..I live in Slovenia and the scammer is from the UK and I'm pretty sure that our academics at the station wouldn't know what to do :) But I do know a couple of officers and I'll ask if something can be done on the international level.

Do you guys think that his real name is Chris Jame if it says so in Paypal? Or can someone just make it up, like a nick on a forum?

I just need to be more careful about giving people PP gifts in the future...and maybe stick to RWG.

How about a PM to AnonSix over on RWI? He seems to pop up from time to time, but he's the one that might get all details about the scammer.

Khronos

Thanks for the tip, I just did :)

wassuphk

Oh I see

Simms

Sorry to hear it, I can't believe what people are willing to do for just a few dollars.

tomtom1988

Yeah this really sucks, hope you get to the bottom of it, I can't personally so you getting your money back but let's see the cunt exposed and banned from all the watch forums.

Landlocked Surfer

Sorry to read this.

Jame is an unusual surname. Searching for "C Jame" on 192.com returns no results for Aberdeen, and only one when you search for "C James". Not saying it's him, but you never know....

This episode has made me reconsider doing anything by Pay Pal gift again. I guess most of us would hope to be treated in the same way that we would treat people, with honesty and integrity. Next time I'll pay the 4% fee.

DreadPirateRob

I read about this on RWI. I hope Anon is able to do something.

trailboss99

And did you alert the moderators at RWI about this?

He most certainly did, that was the first thing he did after he got no replies. Not much we can do since it was PP Gift funded from PP. If you pay by gift ALWAYS fund it from a Credit Card so you have recourse.

Seems like every time I get on RWI there is some scammer in the M2M sales (staff hold stuff).

Ah, staff holds are in now way all scams mate. An item may be on staff hold for many reasons and it may be as little as waiting for proof of service or of gen ETA. 95% of staff holds are soothing other than a scam.