Sign in to follow this  
Gazzla

AP 2016 ROO Diver Chronograph 26703ST - Review & Pics!

Gazzla

Hey Gang

When these first came out I was the first to ridicule. Humble pie duly eaten, they are the bollocks. :D

I've tried loads of APs, but they just don't seem to sit right on the wrist. These actually do. 42mm SS case, sapphire crystal with very good AR; standard rep rubber fare, they don't wear cumbersome like other AP chronos I've tried. Very comfortable indeed.

These are quartz, and available from your favourite TD with an A7550 auto if you want to pony up an extra 400 bucks, but the build is excellent; proper solid, no complaints whatsoever with the quality and they've done an admirable replication job. Only really picky fuckers could find cosmetic faults.

The ONLY gripe I have is the lack of date complication. I can't remember the date from one minute to the next and sign off loads of stuff on a daily basis, so precludes wearing as a beater. Which generally means a flip is inevitable . . . ;)

Well, that's just my humble, noob AP expert take. Chime in if you please.

To conclude the drivel, a very nice watch for bugger all dough.

I thank you. :D

Pics:

Here's the gen:

fF7ort1.jpg

Rep:

545TVfP.jpg

Gen on the left, rep on the right:

7b0OVDS.jpg0iW6Oko.jpg

Rep:

iq3hKLA.jpg

YA2Q0Hy.jpg

5E3iG78.jpg

V8C1sEf.jpg

Ug7H37l.jpg

4XGvzVZ.jpg

uqVtQ75.jpg

hldeimG.jpg

1D5gSTG.jpg

tV9okXI.jpg

aiT5Mi2.jpg

csUV3Aw.jpg?1

jHET6rs.jpg

Gaz :D

Phantomtech

Wow these certainly don't look quartz! Great job on the pics, drooling over here....

GC

Superb job as always, and photos to die for.

6A540937-79B3-482D-9E63-1E2E0EC8B26C_zpskv7tafjr.gif

Duzza

As an owner of the blue 7750 version. These quartz models don't appear to simply be the same watch with a different movement. For starters the strap is totally different, the straps the auto version is an absolute joy, of the like I've never seen on a rubber rep including recent AP divers I've had.

The blue colour appears different too on bother strap and the dial, the 7750 is slightly darker. The quartz dial looks lower quality too.

Gazzla

As an owner of the blue 7750 version. These quartz models don't appear to simply be the same watch with a different movement. For starters the strap is totally different, the straps the auto version is an absolute joy, of the like I've never seen on a rubber rep including recent AP divers I've had.

The blue colour appears different too on bother strap and the dial, the 7750 is slightly darker. The quartz dial looks lower quality too.

This little review isn't to examine the comparisons between the A7750 and the quartz, but thanks anyway. :)

Duzza

This little review isn't to examine the comparisons between the A7750 and the quartz, but thanks anyway. :)

Sure, I just felt this could be misleading for anyone weighing up the 2 'These are quartz, and available from your favourite TD with an A7500 auto if you want to pony up an extra 400 bucks'

Gazzla

Sure, I just felt this could be misleading for anyone weighing up the 2 'These are quartz, and available from your favourite TD with an A7500 auto if you want to pony up an extra 400 bucks'

Aaaah, I see, Luke. :D

Gazzla

Wow these certainly don't look quartz! Great job on the pics, drooling over here....

Cheers, sir! :D

Chiquita Fanjita

These both look bloody brilliant! Only thing noticeable is the sub dial font on the yellow is a lot duller than the gen, but for the dough these look fantastic :thumbsup:

Genius

If you fancy swapping the straps over before you sell em I'd like the blue dial one on a yellow strap

Gazzla

If you fancy swapping the straps over before you sell em I'd like the blue dial one on a yellow strap

Buy 'em both, I'll do you a deal . . . ;)

TheSociety

I'm sorry but these look HORRIBLE! The quality is not even close to the 7750 version.

I've owned tons of APs and have seen better quality when Noob was having a sale and making APs with their eyes closed.

Here's my blue JF for comparison.

8ea6262758bc0c0cc59dc6223c2defc3.jpg

5f4976fa87be8631fdefd937cbe9aa14.jpg206238e4f60b6c5cee9db17b8af7fe41.jpg

thermalboyz

Nice review and great pictures. They look Gen like with that picture quality sir!

Sent from my pigeon

Sam Circus

Beautiful looking watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gazzla

I'm sorry but these look HORRIBLE! The quality is not even close to the 7750 version.

I've owned tons of APs and have seen better quality when Noob was having a sale and making APs with their eyes closed.

This is a review of the quartz, NOT a comparison between the quartz and A7750.

I would expect the A7750 to be significantly superior in terms of dial, printing etc. My sentiment is that for the dough, they represent value for money. The A7750, at over $500, not so much.

Perhaps you read the thread with your eyes closed . . . :D

Sakurai

Lovely, thanks for sharing mate! Have you possibly had a chance to test either of them for water resistance? I know, don't swim with a chrono, especially a rep one, but hey - those babies scream to be taken along for some snorkeling, and at that price it wouldn't be a disaster if eventually they flooded. Brilliant pics as always Gaz, the blue one is my favourite of the two. (Also nice to see that there are some visual upsides on the 7750, which would be expected given the huge price difference).

AstroAvia

@TheSociety

Your fantasy black diver chrono looks great!

Foxindebox

Hey Gazz, those look the balls mate! Just a question (sorry if it's been covered), is there a ticking seconds on these?

k3rm87

Gazz, these look awesome indeed. I'm considering purchasing one as they're amazing bang for buck.

Some people in this thread don't seem to realise that whether they pay $100 or $500 for a rep, it is still a rep. Both have flaws, I know where the smart money is though.

tomtom1988

These look great gaz, nice little write up too! I'd also like to know if the second hand is frozen? Also is one of the sub dials a ticking second hand? Cheers

Gazzla

Hey Gazz, those look the balls mate! Just a question (sorry if it's been covered), is there a ticking seconds on these?

These look great gaz, nice little write up too! I'd also like to know if the second hand is frozen? Also is one of the sub dials a ticking second hand? Cheers

The sub dial at 9 is chrono mins; sub dial at 3 is a 24 hr indicator. Central secs is chrono secs.

So no, no ticking/running secs. :D

tomtom1988

The sub dial at 9 is chrono mins; sub dial at 3 is a 24 hr indicator. Central secs is chrono secs.

Cheers mate! Considering one of these now!

Chavezzito

5f4976fa87be8631fdefd937cbe9aa14.jpg

Right...let´s disect your 400$+ rep then since you thought the quartz was horrible.

I´ll just mention 2 things and go easy...subdials should be further out then they are which is probably due to the movement (same thing with the quartz) and the Audemars logo plus where it shows that it can go down to 300m should not stand out (3D effect) it should be pressed in as in the picture (same flaw as the cheaper quartz version):

SIHH-2016-Audemars-Piguet-Royal-Oak-Offshore-Diver-01-Capture.png

So there you go...

They are both very nice watches considering what you pay!

Gazz...sorry to threadcrap but I just had to, and as usual exceptional pics!

Foxindebox

Cheers mate, time to get an orange one on order then... :D

TheSociety

5f4976fa87be8631fdefd937cbe9aa14.jpg

Right...let´s disect your 400$+ rep then since you thought the quartz was horrible.

I´ll just mention 2 things and go easy...subdials should be further out then they are which is probably due to the movement (same thing with the quartz) and the Audemars logo plus where it shows that it can go down to 300m should not stand out (3D effect) it should be pressed in as in the picture (same flaw as the cheaper quartz version):

SIHH-2016-Audemars-Piguet-Royal-Oak-Offshore-Diver-01-Capture.png

So there you go...

They are both very nice watches considering what you pay!

Gazz...sorry to threadcrap but I just had to, and as usual exceptional pics!

Dude we are not comparing GEN to rep we are comparing REP to REP.

So if you want to blow $200 on a Quartz then be my guest ;) I don't need your convincing to enjoy my 7750 version. You also shouldn't need to feel insecure about yours or anyone else's decision. It's VERY clear when comparing rep to rep that the 7750 is superior - sure at double the price. So everyone can decide for themselves I love mine. And think it's worth the extra $ to have a real movement / better built, better finish. Simple

3f2aa6d178c250097fef489f30e62cf3.jpgb2725fd1c8b7f0229df309c21c295194.jpg