Sign in to follow this  
Gazzla

AP 2016 ROO Diver Chronograph 26703ST - Review & Pics!

Gazzla

I'm sorry but these look HORRIBLE! The quality is not even close to the 7750 version.

I've owned tons of APs and have seen better quality when Noob was having a sale and making APs with their eyes closed.

Here's my blue JF for comparison.

5f4976fa87be8631fdefd937cbe9aa14.jpg

Right...let´s disect your 400$+ rep then since you thought the quartz was horrible.

I´ll just mention 2 things and go easy...subdials should be further out then they are which is probably due to the movement (same thing with the quartz) and the Audemars logo plus where it shows that it can go down to 300m should not stand out (3D effect) it should be pressed in as in the picture (same flaw as the cheaper quartz version):

SIHH-2016-Audemars-Piguet-Royal-Oak-Offshore-Diver-01-Capture.png

So there you go...

They are both very nice watches considering what you pay!

Gazz...sorry to threadcrap but I just had to, and as usual exceptional pics!

Dude we are not comparing GEN to rep we are comparing REP to REP.

So if you want to blow $200 on a Quartz then be my guest ;) I don't need your convincing to enjoy my 7750 version. You also shouldn't need to feel insecure about yours or anyone else's decision. It's VERY clear when comparing rep to rep that the 7750 is superior - sure at double the price. So everyone can decide for themselves ? I love mine. And think it's worth the extra $ to have a real movement / better built, better finish. Simple

Er, hang on a fucking minute.

No one was comparing anything until you fucking chimed in with your unsolicited comparison between the quartz and the A7750. This thread was entirely a review about the quartz, nothing else. If you think it's horrible, fine; keep your fucking opinions and comparisons to yourself or start your own thread.

And for the record: Quartz: $139, A7750: $540

I thank you. Carry on. ;)

Chavezzito

This is what I meant with my post ^^

Sent from my iPhone by releasing farts into the correct direction

Duzza

I'm sorry but these look HORRIBLE! The quality is not even close to the 7750 version.

I've owned tons of APs and have seen better quality when Noob was having a sale and making APs with their eyes closed.

Right...let´s disect your 400$+ rep then since you thought the quartz was horrible.

I´ll just mention 2 things and go easy...subdials should be further out then they are which is probably due to the movement (same thing with the quartz) and the Audemars logo plus where it shows that it can go down to 300m should not stand out (3D effect) it should be pressed in as in the picture (same flaw as the cheaper quartz version):

So there you go...

So if you want to blow $200 on a Quartz then be my guest ;) I don't need your convincing to enjoy my 7750 version. You also shouldn't need to feel insecure about yours or anyone else's decision. It's VERY clear when comparing rep to rep that the 7750 is superior - sure at double the price. So everyone can decide for themselves ? I love mine. And think it's worth the extra $ to have a real movement / better built, better finish. Simple

No one was comparing anything until you fucking chimed in with your unsolicited comparison between the quartz and the A7750. This thread was entirely a review about the quartz, nothing else. If you think it's horrible, fine; keep your fucking opinions and comparisons to yourself or start your own thread.

This is a forum isn't it?

Gazzla

So there you go...

Indeed it is, Luke, and if anyone would like to discuss the merits or otherwise of the two watches then they are more than welcome to start a thread rather than shitting on this one. ;)

Duzza

So there you go...

Indeed it is, Luke, and if anyone would like to discuss the merits or otherwise of the two watches then they are more than welcome to start a thread rather than shitting on this one. ;)

You started it :)

k3rm87

Entertaining thread this one is.

Go the Quartz!

carter23

Just received my one earlier today.

This has got to be one of the best value for money watches I have purchased, feels great, build quality is strong. Always reliable. Definitely an awesome daily watch.

Eschenpod

Love my Quartz Chrono Diver.

AP%20002_zpsdy5pbtoj.jpg

AP%20029_zps9i6lau3i.jpg