Sign in to follow this  
DiabloVT20

?(Noob V7 here)? Spotted on a few sites!

GenTLe

I had a v3 or v4 (can't remember which one) but that was a shit hot watch

Lol, here too: got a Hulk v3 over M2M, platinumized and it's great. It doesn't have the coronet, but if I too 5 minutes to spot it on my v5 black, it means it's not an issue :D

drmdtsap
The V7 looks abysmal!!

Why it looks like shit? It looks like the v6,isn't it? Or am i missing something because of my noob eyes?

Στάλθηκε από το SM-N920C μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

henrychinaski

Still got my V5

Still a great watch!

wolfwood
Now I'm really pleased with the rehaut engraving font. But it should be darker almost black' date='as in the Rolex should stand out more.the v3 had that correct.the hulk green insert looks pretty nice the paint looks way to light coloured though.but I'm happy noob listen to my requests. Next we need the bezel assembly teeth or scallops to have the polisted or shiny look in the middle of each scallop.can't tell if they fixed this on the v7 as the pics are not in correct light but I don't think noob fixed that.the hulk dial doesn't exist in gen so once again the dial can't be used in a v7 as you will get called out .there are only 3 hulk layouts .all have the short ft layouts.there was one 2016 hulk that had a weird dial that had long ft but it's nothing like the dial the V6s or v7 hulk is using.plus I've only ever seen one gen with that strange dial ,and you can see it in the dial guide.now the LN dial is good but again the crown on the dial is from the short ft dial layout not the long ft .so that's wrong and needs addressing.next the clasp being polished is incorrect for a 116610 that ha's the deep reahut engraving. The polished clasp is for the late 2015/16 gen models with the printed matrix rehaut. So it's not period correct.I will definitely be getting one of these soon hulk I should think and I'll make a nice reviewoh and lastly need to add the clasp logo don't look too good from the pics on puretime.so hopefully in real life looks better but that need addressing along with getting rid of the polished clasp as that's not correct for this watch .the v7 is replication of a 2010 -very early 2015 model.the first v6s subs with non polished rehaut engraving around 50 or more had the same serial per case.then the updated v6s with shiny rehaut released and each case had around 20 cases stammer with the same serial.but again noob is listing to everything I say so far,as apparently every single case will have its own individual serial.nit sure I belive that yet though I'll probably do a v7 serial poll like I did for the V6s. Oh dam I keep forgetting to mention this

The original v6s with non shiny rehaut has 100 percent perfect sel as in it has sharp edges and has the bottom of the case cut out not too shallow where the sel sit's ,and the lug holes on the case are drill in the correct location. The sel was almost flawless.but the new V6s with shiny rehaut the case cutout on the bottom where the sel it's is too shallow so the sel sits too high almost flush.and the lug hole's are too high.I think I can see this issue on the v7 but I need to see real pics not the pics from Angus site to be sure about that.and before you ask putting the original v6s bracelet on the new V6s shiny rehaut case will not make it sit low and recessed fully under lugs[/quote']

This is a quote from smoke, the RWI resident Rolex expert.

ShovelnTC

Still got my V5

Still a great watch!

Shit I've still got my V1 and it's still a great watch too and have never been called out even though it has a swag of tells. (not that I'd care if I did).

I'm interested in a V7 but when I look back at my V1 (BK) it just doesn't seem worthwhile to get another.

IMG_2791.jpg

Lagger

Is part of your hour hand missing?

ShovelnTC

Is part of your hour hand missing?

If it's the side of the hour hand that you're talking about it is just a light reflection effect.

markeym3

I'm with a few of the members on here ,, the versions already out are pretty bloody good,

But I have yet to see a side by side comparison , not a pic from the Rolex site but a side by side pic, some one on here must have a gen sub,

I understand that there are experts on here and next door who point out the "tells" but we are talking such minor differences, and although it is interesting to see how the factories are improving the watch I just think it gets a bit over the top...

ssouthall6

All they need to get right are the cgs, rehaut and sel. And yet again they improve the rehaut and the sel gets worse. So still no sub for me I'll stick to my franken yachtmaster and v6s DSSD which still looks better than the v7 on the puretime site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acid_pixel

is it just me, even with after so many version (v7 now), the date magnification is always a give away.

compared mine v6 to some of the gen. the gen date fonts have been consistent despite talk that even the gen rolex is no longer at 2.5x

Edited by acid_pixel