tomtom1988

Cartier Roadster XXL review

tomtom1988

Afternoon Gents.

My most recent rep purchase and my first review has been a Cartier roadster. Ive always been a big cartier fan, My first Gen was a cartier and the two gens I own now are Cartier. They have always been special to me.

Initially I went to my go to man who is Andrew at trusty time to purchase a Calibre de Cartier diver. I saw one recently on holiday at the Cartier boutique in Vegas but could not justify buying another gen.

While I was searching online I found Andrew running a special offer on the Roadster, $168 dollars complete with box set, it was a no brainer for me.

First impressions: Really fantastic watch, crisp dial, a 3d type of affect which makes it really stand out, I love it, datewheel flips at 12 almost bang on, sturdy hefty feel to this one, I usually like smaller watches so at 42mm I was initially dubious but It sits really well on my wrist.

The links were a pain in the arse to get out, very strange pins, springs at the end of them, not something encountered by me before but I got there in the end!

The boxset is well made, smaller than my gen boxes, id say 80% of the size, usual certs and other BS that comes with the box included.

Power reserve is very good, took it off my wrist midday saturday and its still running as I write this review some 50 hours later, thats a huge plus for me.

2824 movement is inside it, runs really well, a little rotor noise but hey its a rep, its to be expected, lovely 28800 sweep to it.

Clasp is very good, usual cartier style clasp, pop it off and it butterflys out, the bracelet is nice too, you can feel the difference here though between rep and gen, but again, its not a downside to me, this watch cost me a little over $200 delivered, im not expecting perfection.

Really easy to set, pop the crown, first ping does the date, second does the time, it dosent seem to manual wind though which i find strange, not a big problem as when its worn it certainly keeps time and keeps going!

All in all Id give this watch an 8.5 out of 10, looks amazing, hefty weight, real wrist presence and a gem to look at.

Cons are the quality of my bracelet could be better and the crown issue, neither are really cons for me but some nitpickers may find them annoying.

Cheers Trusty and onto the pics!

File_001_10.jpgFile_000_24.jpgFile_003_6.jpgFile_002_7.jpgFile_004_2.jpgFile_005_2.jpg

tomtom1988

Gen picture for comparison

gen_cartier.jpg

tomtom1988

Better pic : Gen left Rep right

File_000_25.jpg

Abe Fromen

I thought all Roadsters had a cyclops over the date?

tomtom1988
I thought all Roadsters had a cyclops over the date?

Most do but not all, this is the 3312 model and had no cyclops, I actually prefer it without

Abe Fromen

Cool... never seen one without. I like it. I've always like the Roadster and the Santos 100 but for me, they're too dressy. LOL

tomtom1988
Cool... never seen one without. I like it. I've always like the Roadster and the Santos 100 but for me, they're too dressy. LOL

The santos is very dressy, my dad seems to have claimed mine as he's right now lol!! Check it out man they are great value for money at the moment on offer :-)

Fg-75

i find this watch really simple and classy, it have a good design nothing too much

pamman

Thanks for this review and turning me on to this watch, it looks great and seems like a fair deal!!!

247hustle

I have to say that is a great deal, the watch looks stunning. I see that he's still running the offer so I might jump in on one as well.

ATCHarris

Can you confirm the dealer? It is brilliant in every visible aspect. Well done!

tomtom1988
Can you confirm the dealer? It is brilliant in every visible aspect. Well done!

Trustytime, it does say that a few times lol

WatchnScotch

I like the size on this one. A lot of the Cartier just seem small.

caveat

I am going to check that out thanks!

mrmench

Has anyone ever successfully put a leather strap on this rep???

raspymcnasty

the picture links are broken..

Triumvph

Are any of the Roadsters still being repped? Definitely should not have let mine go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk