Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

SPOTTED: Patek 530 rep, could this be the first "vintagisable" Patek rep?

_DC_

Just noticed a new Patek Chrono rep being offered on Trusty Time. It's marketed as a 5070..... it's not a 5070. It says ref 130 on the back... it's not a 130!

If you're a Patek nut like me it's far more exciting than that. It's a 530, which is the 130's larger and much rarer brother. The 530 is the rarest chronograph reference serially produced by Patek.

What's more unusual about this rep is it's a rep of a watch released in 1939... that doesn't happen very often. Most recent releases, Patek or otherwise (with the exception of Rolex of course) are of modern watches. This is a decidedly vintage watch!

So, could this be a candidate for the first Patek "vintagising" project?!?

It's offered in a variety of metals and dials by Trusty, but the most compelling for a vintage Patek lover is steel, and they have it with a creamy coloured dial that gives it a slightly aged look. I'm very intrigued!

92DDD95D-B115-4310-8796-068BF143568C_zpsxcf3gnxz.jpg

83E45F2B-3FC7-41AB-A730-48BC83F6D6A4_zpsuq8aosga.jpg

It's quoted as being 39mm, a little larger than the standard 530 which is 36.5mm although "oversized" versions were made at circa 37mm so it's not that much larger. I've compared the movement shot bellow with that of the 42mm 5070 rep and it does appear to be around 39mm or 40mm at the absolute most!

E7F80EAE-44B8-4AF4-AF91-A8C1D15ECFDD_zpsy8ygslnp.jpg

So what do you guys think?! Could this be the rep that makes me sell my rose gold 5070?!? For comparative purposes here's a gen 530 with the same hand and numeral combination (albeit in yellow gold)...

D09C57C5-1D06-462D-97D8-2CE78B9700FB_zpskyh3wpmz.jpg

I'm tempted!!

DC

Foxindebox

Hmm, that's VERY tempting...

chase0224

I still think the 5070 reps look better. Although Ive never been a fan of vintage watches in the fist place..

Haltec

GO for it!!!

dabbispade

That's nice, keep us posted if you take it !

_DC_
I still think the 5070 reps look better. Although Ive never been a fan of vintage watches in the fist place..

I may have a 5070r going spare if you're interested :rofl:

DC

GOATmaster

Do you have a link?

watchlvr91

very intriguing!!

Daffy

I would do something with the hands. White hands (or almost) on a white dial? Who thought that would work?

Gmtaddict

What bothers me most is also the hour and minutes hands, but not the color: the shape. Patek would never do "flat" hands.

As for the rest, looks nice!

jakethemouse

I hope this is a trend with factories making older Pateks.

If there going to make a 39-40mm Patek hope they give the 5970G another shot.

I love that watch

Godfathar

DC.. we had a looong talk.. what happened to that talk? hahahahaha.. no more watches for us.. remember?

Phantomtech

Looks interesting. Funny coincidence that this popped up on my insta feed this morning:

9b7b3a0f282fda09ffa4e95cb85990f8.png

trailboss99

^^^ LOL, rep :D

Now that is nice! May there be many more.

_DC_
DC.. we had a looong talk.. what happened to that talk? hahahahaha.. no more watches for us.. remember?

I know we did, hey I didn't PM you about it this time lol! Besides if I go for it I'll be selling the 5070r first more than likely!!

DC

S.Corbeil

I am quite fond of this newly release watch! Thanks DC for yet another one added to my wish list...! If ever you buy it, be sure to post a review!

rickyrosey

Looks great and the dial is fairly accurate only the hands are terrible

_DC_
Looks great and the dial is fairly accurate only the hands are terrible

I don't think the hands look too bad. When you look at the video on Trusty's page they aren't actually flat, they do have a curved surface, much better than the leaf hands on my 5970 which are as flat as a witches tit!

I'd have liked it in sword hand configuration but leaf hands are classic Patek so can't complain!

DC

greg_r

Hmm - pretty watch, but 'vintagising'? Really?

Quoting from the glossary: "Vintagising: The expensive and frustrating method of ruining a perfectly good watch in an attempt to make it look "old". (Usage: "Damn: Wat has a really lovely COMEX Rolex - or at least he did before he tried to vintagize it, now it looks like second-hand dog food")" ;)

_DC_

^^^ True enough Greg, but something about a pristine vintage watch does look a little strange. Nothing a few months of daily wear can't sort out though I guess!!

DC

Robin195959
^^^ True enough Greg, but something about a pristine vintage watch does look a little strange. Nothing a few months of daily wear can't sort out though I guess!!

DC

I'm with DC on this a pristine vinatge watch misses the point for me. But each to his own I guess. By the way the real downer on this particular watch is that it's too big compared to the gen. Otherwise gorgeous.

_DC_

DC

I'm with DC on this a pristine vinatge watch misses the point for me. But each to his own I guess. By the way the real downer on this particular watch is that it's too big comaored to the gen. Otherwise gorgeous.

It's not too far out, what's 2mm between friends lol. I'd prefer it was smaller but anything sub 40mm is a bonus when it comes to Patek reps in my book!!

DC

Robin195959

Your right mate. And as we often say on her. who would know anyway.