Sign in to follow this  
steve1954

Well thats a bummer!!

steve1954

C22B13AD-6109-4188-9EF1-094FB3116D98.jpg

Yesterday I was just getting some dog food out of my garage and for some reason the spring bar on my NEW Tudor bronze popped out. The watch hit the concrete floor on the milled edge of the bezel distorting the soft metal and conpressing the bezel insert causing the paint to crack!! - FED up as this is a very nice watch, my current favorite.. Not sure the same damage would have happened with a harder metal

klingooo

What a bad beat. A harder type of metal could've easily cracked instead, if that's any comfort...

GenTLe

Mine had the same fate... But I fixed it today :)

When I received it, the watch went straight to my desk to be serviced. While I was cleaning internally the glass, prior to movement re-casing, it slipped from my hands, falling on my tibia and from there to the ground.

It touched the ground on a lug and then on the bezel... The lug has been an easy fix with just a little bit of 1000 sandpaper.

The insert wasn't touched but it was slightly moved and the bezel ring got slightly bent like yours...

Today I removed the bezel, removed the insert and the plastic gasket from the bezel, then I took one of these (the largest I have around):

spine1.jpg

and I cut it to remove the final conic part.

I took then a piece of straight wood (beech, because it's not too soft).

Finally I took the insert, kept it nearly vertical (let's say 30° tilted respect to the vertical) on the slat of beech, I put the wood spine on the bent part and used a 200g hammer (lightly!) on that spine. After some time it went back to perfection.

This way:

28491482893_2e281d79ce_o.jpg

I also took the chance to grease a bit the insert click mechanism (and now it rotates MUCH better) and to properly re-glue back the insert (I'm currently wait for the glue to dry) :)

steve1954

good job but not sure I know how to take the bezel off

Moondustesp

Thats a shitter hope you get it sorted :)

gavmeister

I feel your pain. I guess you could always age the thing now?

steve1954

I feel your pain. I guess you could always age the thing now?

Thats an idea!!

GenTLe
good job but not sure I know how to take the bezel off

It is straightforward. Exactly like here:

But put some tape on the lug not to mark it with the knife.

The insert is glued, I used a knife to slowly lift it from the inside of the bezel, where the glue is.