northantsrich

TC Sub LV Extreme, $739?

northantsrich

What is it? Anyone shed any light on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShovelnTC

TC still hasn't updated his Blog but there's a decent sized thread over at RWI and from what I can make out it looks like he has upgraded his movement with finishing improvements at least and a new bezel assembly.

All conjecture so far but aparently someone has already been informed there is a hundred day wait and some of the more excited guys have ordered without even knowing what the improvements are.

Bit of a frenzy if you ask me, I'm holding back until I see what the hoohaa is all about and until the initial ordering frenzy is over as I'm just not patient enough to wait a hundred days after shelling out that kind of coin and at that price there are MANY decent Gens available.

Daywatch

Several updates and most probably the TC elaboré inside. TC delivers value for money so most probably it´s justified, might even consider one.

What worries me more is that asian sellers in a years time will follow (Noob V8, Noob V9...) and push up their prices like done in the past (without increased qc). Taking a risk at $268 plus shipping is one thing but at aver $600 it´s quite something else.

Lagger

$739..wow

Genius

I'm guessing it will be completely pointless... I have a v6 and would challenge anyone to tell it side by side from a gen

cufflink

In a few years time we will see reps by the $1000

Sent using Tapatalk

peteins

Sent using Tapatalk

Already there, look at the DJ's on TS watch's site

cufflink

Sent using Tapatalk

Already there, look at the DJ's on TS watch's site

Those are with wrapped gold, so arguably in a different price bracket. Better stock up now!

Sent using Tapatalk

Left Coast Guy

I get TC's mov't, but for 99% of folks a good V6 is going to be good enough.

Rolexwatchman

3 month of wait time to get the watch is way too long. Price seems decent, would still be happy to get v6 for 500 range

ShovelnTC

Read his latest blog and as always he has made worthwhile improvements that none of the makers will likely bother with as the average punter wouldn't know the difference thus wouldn't pay extra for.

I'm still tempted but like always it's not that the features and improvements are not worthwhile or that his asking price is unreasonable it's just whether I can justify the cost.

carter23

I get TC's mov't, but for 99% of folks a good regmariner is going to be good enough.

Fixed it for ya

SamsonAusKognito
:ttiwwop:

RUSH2112

At this price point, I'm out.

ColdFusi0n

The TC V7 is next on my to-buy list.

Ive always been a fan to Thomas (TC) since i started this rep nonsense, the hours if research and hundreds or not thousands of dollars buying every 1:1 sub there is from every TD in a hope to get the "best sub" whn the answer is already there (even stated on RWG TD List) that Thomas is the one with the best sub.

Ive read everything on this blog. Thomas does not make a profit from the watch he build and sell, they are all merely a hobby and a way to get over his divorce (as he claims) but i do believe there are certain cost being covered, of course nothing is free.

For all i know, thomas only source for the best parts individually from movement, bazel, insert, dial, date, crystal etc so i think his price is pretty reasonable and its always good to have a peace of mind knowing his watch will never have any flaws at all as hes a real perfectionist. Believe me, i had purchased many "swiss 1:1" rep from many TD like Joshua, Trustytime andrew and even went to bangkok MBK personally to look at the best they could offer, no matter how good it is there is still gonna be 1 obvious flaw.

I know many would say "if ure a perfectionist then just get a gen". But some flaws are just too obvious for a rep like example the magnifier and most commonly the printings. These are the simple detail that makes a bad purchase.

I had a friend who built a franken submariner

-gen insert ($100)

-gen dial + marker ($900)

-gen bracelet ($800)

Movement $280

1:1 case $180

In the end its still gonna be a rep.

Edited by ColdFusi0n

tomtom1988

Don't get me wrong I'm sure this is a quality watch, but for 800 dollars give or take that Rolex no matter how awesome it looks is still a rep, personally I think this is crazy money

Turbo350z
Don't get me wrong I'm sure this is a quality watch, but for 800 dollars give or take that Rolex no matter how awesome it looks is still a rep, personally I think this is crazy money

Still 1/10the price of a brand new 8k Rolex and you are getting a whatch that is 95% lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ColdFusi0n

And u know what? Even after spending 8k on a genuine one youre gonna still realise that no one actually gives a damn about your watch, youre $8000 poorer without having to impress anyone and the joy of owning a $8000 will eventually fade off after a week or two. Then it becomes a normal accessory.

tomtom1988

I don't think it's 95% gen, it's a noob with a better movement and some slight tweaks

I don't buy watches for other people to give a damn about them, I buy because I like them, certainly not to impress people, I know TC builds quality watches, I'm not at all denying that, but for near enough 800 bucks it's pretty silly as like I said, wether it's a regmariner or it's a TC sub, it's still a rep

As said before, I know these are great builds and hats off to such a skilled watch maker, just not my cup of tea

deju

I'm guessing it will be completely pointless... I have a v6 and would challenge anyone to tell it side by side from a gen

Send me a gen and a v6 and I'll send you back the gen haha

Turbo350z
I don't think it's 95% gen, it's a noob with a better movement and some slight tweaks

I don't buy watches for other people to give a damn about them, I buy because I like them, certainly not to impress people, I know TC builds quality watches, I'm not at all denying that, but for near enough 800 bucks it's pretty silly as like I said, wether it's a regmariner or it's a TC sub, it's still a rep

As said before, I know these are great builds and hats off to such a skilled watch maker, just not my cup of tea

So mosey on over to ali express and get you a few cheap reps. We will keep on waiting for our TCs to arrive. ;)

The good thing about opinions is that everyone has their own and none are "wrong"

My opinion is that I own a gen sub and a TC. I think there is tremendous value in the TC. If anything the 6500 I spent on the gen was silly.

ColdFusi0n

I just ordered a regmariner. When it arrives, im gonna place it in the original sub box, take a few good close up shot then im gonna post it on TheRolexForum while its inside my original box and see if anyone can spot it :)

tomtom1988
I just ordered a regmariner. When it arrives, im gonna place it in the original sub box, take a few good close up shot then im gonna post it on TheRolexForum while its inside my original box and see if anyone can spot it :)

Probably not the greatest idea lol

Turbo350z

Please.... Don't do that lol

However, I would be willing to bet you would get quite a few "beautiful watch" comments before someone spoiled your fun. Do that on a rep page and you will be called out right away! Hah were nuts