northantsrich

TC Sub LV Extreme, $739?

ColdFusi0n

Imo i think the only person who can tell the difference between a rep and a gen are people like us who spend lots of time, research and hands on with rep watches. If youre rich and could afford a rolex or a collector yourself, its just another watch that u buy and collect, no one pays attention to detail because its gen anyway. Unless ure a watch dealer

nunu78
I just ordered a regmariner. When it arrives, im gonna place it in the original sub box, take a few good close up shot then im gonna post it on TheRolexForum while its inside my original box and see if anyone can spot it :)

Probably not the greatest idea lol

+1

RichardMiami

I just ordered a regmariner. When it arrives, im gonna place it in the original sub box, take a few good close up shot then im gonna post it on TheRolexForum while its inside my original box and see if anyone can spot it :)

If you want to make a fool out of yourself, please go ahead.

This has been done many times. Most times (not all) the rep is called out and the member banned for the stunt.

Even if you don't get called out... so what? What have you proved? That you can post a pic of a watch? It means nothing.

It is a juvenile move that is NOT supported by this forum.

Wolf359

739 is awful pricey, but I've downsized my collection and am in the process of making sure everything I own has a gen ETA. Gen eta plus install, lume etc is expensive but once done and maintained, the final product can last a lifetime. 6 grand spent on 6 reps will get you 6 high quality, near undectable reps. At least that's how I understand it.

GC

They will call you out within 5min of your post. Be smart kid, wear your watch when you get it and just enjoy it. Nobody likes a show off and especially a show off with fake goods.

Remember, stupid is as stupid does...

Daywatch

With the right lighting and from the right angle the regmariner will look good. As standalone it looks good. Hold it in Your hands next to the TC and within less than 15 seconds You´ll know which one is "gen" and which one is a fotocopy.

The TC looks good from every angle and the sum of little details together with the far superior dial will create a lasting overall impression, even when You´re just seeing it for the first time.In comparison an APROO that still needs service and further upgrades, now that is luxury.

Adding some of TC´s pics to the thread

capped second hand

TC-Rolex-Submariner-16610-V7-11_zps8l1nmxzp.jpg

broader chamfered lugs/edges like after a service

TC-Rolex-Submariner-16610-V7-14_zpscxlaqu00.jpg

improved bezel assembly & bezel ring (only on the extreme) (and the former was already "sharp" compared to the standard asian product)

TC-Rolex-Submariner-16610-V7-24_zpsszlpndou.jpg

hyper-clasp

TC-Rolex-Submariner-16610-V7-16_zps08f5rqdt.jpg

BadPickle
Don't get me wrong I'm sure this is a quality watch, but for 800 dollars give or take that Rolex no matter how awesome it looks is still a rep, personally I think this is crazy money

Still 1/10the price of a brand new 8k Rolex and you are getting a whatch that is 95% lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

95% what exactly?

You're talking shite, even if you managed to acquire all the gen parts for one of these, which is highly unlikely, it would still be a rep, it would ALWAYS be a rep. The only way the watch is a genuine is when it's built in a genuine rolex (or whoever) factory by employees trained to the highest Rolex standards and undergone rigorous quality control assessments. It's only a gen when it's given its unique serial number, mounted on a plush Rolex cushion and placed in a plush leather case with various warranty cards and bits of paper which will identify this genuine from all the other genuine Rolex watches in the world.

yours will be cobbled together on some fuckers dining room table amongst the crumbs of leftover gingernuts and custard cream biscuits, and you say it's 95% of the genuine??? Take it to the AD, I bet he doesn't say it's 95% genuine, all he's gonna tell you is its a FAKE....

Now I'm not saying you shouldn't buy this watch, it's probably very nicely made, but it's not and never will be anything other than a rep, you can fool yourself all you want, but spouting twaddle about it being 95% genuine is just misleading, I would even go as far as to say it's only really 5% genuine and 95% fake (if there was such a thing)

tomtom1988
Don't get me wrong I'm sure this is a quality watch, but for 800 dollars give or take that Rolex no matter how awesome it looks is still a rep, personally I think this is crazy money

Still 1/10the price of a brand new 8k Rolex and you are getting a whatch that is 95% lol

95% what exactly?

You're talking shite, even if you managed to acquire all the gen parts for one of these, which is highly unlikely, it would still be a rep, it would ALWAYS be a rep. The only way the watch is a genuine is when it's built in a genuine rolex (or whoever) factory by employees trained to the highest Rolex standards and undergone rigorous quality control assessments. It's only a gen when it's given its unique serial number, mounted on a plush Rolex cushion and placed in a plush leather case with various warranty cards and bits of paper which will identify this genuine from all the other genuine Rolex watches in the world.

yours will be cobbled together on some fuckers dining room table amongst the crumbs of leftover gingernuts and custard cream biscuits, and you say it's 95% of the genuine??? Take it to the AD, I bet he doesn't say it's 95% genuine, all he's gonna tell you is its a FAKE....

Now I'm not saying you shouldn't buy this watch, it's probably very nicely made, but it's not and never will be anything other than a rep, you can fool yourself all you want, but spouting twaddle about it being 95% genuine is just misleading, I would even go as far as to say it's only really 5% genuine and 95% fake (if there was such a thing)

this

jetfan20

Where can I find Thomas?

ShovelnTC

95% what exactly?

Custard cream I like but can't go for those ginger nuts.

Oh and as much as I do like TC's watches It always seems strange why so many guys justify any reps cost by saying that they are only 5 or 10% of Gen price.

I wonder if I went out to the shed and painted a really good counterfeit Rembrandt and told them it was only 5% of the Gen value and they could buy it from me for a million dollars would they be so happy with the price.

Maybe they would if I threw in a packet of those custard creams

TC's watches value can be justified by his methods and materials but % against Gen has nothing to do with that.

BadPickle

Where can I find Thomas?

Sat at his dining table, cobbling ;)

Turbo350z

95% what exactly?

I guess that came off wrong..

What I meant was that this TC v7 is 95% aesthetically pleasing to the eye and while on the wrist. Not meaning adding gen parts till you have the cost of a gen sub worth of parts all built on to a rep case and you will have 95% gen.

Just meaning for rep purposes that it is one of the best you can get. Everyone us their own price points that they justify for buying reps. To me, Thomas' price is fair for what you are getting!

I agree 100% that a rep will Always be a rep. No matter what! But what I was getting at is that to me a TC is damn near as good as the real thing when you consider the cost difference. Of course every real Rolex comes out of the factory with precision after being tested and hand built by a well trained certified watch maker.

MetalMickey

This is why I aren't spending that much on a watch: I demand mine to be at least 96% genuine :)

banjo

S' true.

My old man had a gold gen Day Date on a President. (He's long gone and I never received that watch which he promised to me.) It had a diamonds on the hands and markers and also- IIRC around the rehaut and I thought it was ostentacious carp. He bought it second hand and was never quite convinced it was gen. This was in 1990, one year after I got my DJ 16014.

So at my suggestion, he sent it off to Rolex UK for a service to confirm its provenance. (Risky!) They responded that it was not the correct dial and refused to service it. He struck a deal that they would fit a model correct dial provided they let him have the diamond fest dial back to which they agreed. (how times have changed?) He then sold the dial to the dealer from whom he bought the watch and so the service ended up free and the watch looked all the better for its ordeal.

The point is that it was a gen watch with a gen dial, but Rolex thought differently.

e&oe...

Kwt

There are some people that will spend $800 on this watch and convince themselves that it's very close to geninue and convince everyone else it's gen as well which if that is your thing then fair play. You have to justify the cost somehow.

Having owned a TC V6 myself - I think of TC watches as a homage to the original in the best possible way - why else would he supply his own branded TC dials. You cannot fault the quality or the workmanship of a TC even though it has already been said it will never be any % geninue.

fatarms

They will call you out within 5min of your post. Be smart kid, wear your watch when you get it and just enjoy it. Nobody likes a show off and especially a show off with fake goods.

Remember, stupid is as stupid does...

You think it will even take 5 minutes for the first person to call it out? :lol: TRF guys have called out better reps than the regmariner many, many times. Not to mention that doing that may get you banned here. I've seen that happen as well.

Daywatch

The movement makes for 50% of the watch - or 55% - and You can´t even see it. Being assembled in a Rolex factory adds 50% of the value. If the Rolex factory was still in London it would be the exact same watch - but say "London Made" on the dial.

The total production cost of the gen watch, including raw materials, electricity and labour are 20% of the retail value, in the EU the VAT only adds another 20% or 23%.

It makes sense to have a rep-reference comparison system. 95% to "as good as a rep can be" works well for me.

TMRTVLD

Does anyone know why TC's blog is still down?

northantsrich

It's been down for a while I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tabuktime

Probably everyone here looking for a 'bargain' V7!

northantsrich

Has anyone got a v7 yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Globalequity75

In a few years time we will see reps by the $1000

Sent using Tapatalk

There are still some ! 18K gold ones etc...

Edited by Globalequity75

kdo2milger

Just received my TC LV Extreme yesterday

7ae4c110-50c0-4381-be99-b0bbf5781998_zpszv1otknk.jpg

kdo2milger

More TC LV Extreme shots

1223161246a_zpsunbwkx6y.jpg

1223161246b_zpsqpxhps6g.jpg

1223161246f_zpss20lswyp.jpg

1223161247a_zpsel2ouvhp.jpg

1223161248_zpscexpmbij.jpg

1223161248a_zpsomnacvjv.jpg