Sign in to follow this  
bingoofsweden

Turkey replicas.....any good? (Video)

mecko

I can tell you theses reps are wack, the chassy and case are bad quality, so many flaws, you can buy them on vacation for 60 Euro. They bye them for almost 20 if they take 20 different models. I know it, because i got a friend from UK who lives in Bodrum. The shops get the watches over a dockworker who got contacts to chinese dockworkers. So if you want a good but cheap rep, contact Reg. 110 Bucks and you got a nice regmariner

SamsonAusKognito

Some of them are pure fantasy models.

BenjaminButton

FFS simply buy your reps from TDs or via M2M and cut the dumb questions this video is fucking pointless on so many levels as is the OPs question!

Sent from Uranus

GenTLe
Nothing and i mean NOTHING good comes out of Turkey!!!

Wrong. Their pida, durum and kebap are amazing. As like as places you can see and visit there.

GenTLe

Coming back to the OP question: My 1st fake came from the Istanbul Gran Bazaar and is what triggered all and why I landed here. At that time it seemed nice to see, in the end it was way overpriced, the "Japanese movements" were all Chinese 21j, and moreover it was pure fantasy model... Probably I would have paid less then half from Silix...

5teve

Yep thats how my "obsession"started as well,a holiday in Turkey.Pretty much everything said above is spot on,but in their defence I still have some that I bought 15 years ago that are still going strong.I actually sent a Tag Pendulum back to the shop I bought it from 7 months after buying it and the chap replaced it,so there are some decent sellers there.

Walesy

I'm just back from Turkey....and the reps are shite. I go every year and they tell the same story. ' its a Seiko movement' and its exactly the same as the real deal etc. I wandering around the town, seeing some friends etc. And the missus sent into a shop to look at the beatspills and I know they guy, he seen my Brielting B50 on and told me to wait he had something special to show me....sounded a bit jimmy Savile I must admit. Anyway.. He pulls out a case with the 'specials' in it and proceeds to show me the Bentley's and the PO's....which were nasty, the pearl look like a pluke on a teenagers face and the dials were terrible.. All for £150 ish each. Trust me..they AAAA+++ labelled ones are nasty reps. Stick to TD's on here mate.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

mecko

Wrong. Their pida, durum and kebap are amazing. As like as places you can see and visit there.

Pide is from Egypt

Durum is from India (original Nan)

Kebab is from Persia, India and Morocco ( Meet on a stick above fire)

You see Pide, Durum and Kebab are just Replicas!!!!!!!

BenjaminButton

Pide is from Egypt

Durum is from India (original Nan)

Kebab is from Persia, India and Morocco ( Meet on a stick above fire)

You see Pide, Durum and Kebab are just Replicas!!!!!!!

So much fakery, shit on it, who can we trust?!?

Ah lokum, Turkish delight, an Ottoman original.

Sent from Uranus

SteveA

I have had a home Turkey for ten years and can confirm there is a load of shite watches but also some high end as lots of the shops have a strong room where they keep the good ones.

deju

A fool and his money are soon parted.

I'm not going to judge, but some of those watches look like pieces of shit.

I go to the Karama in Dubai with my brother, but it's to have a laugh at the sales patter and poor quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dilip

Why the offensive remarks?

Since I'm in this forum and I love watches, I just wanted to share this video (more an his channel)

where we can see almost the same lineup as in any Chinese replica store Shenzhen where basically

all replicas are made. All we as buyers want to know is that the "version" of the watch we're buying

is made in one of the "top" factories, like Noob.

And as I stated in my first post, I was wondering if any of you might have been in Turkey or know

where they get their shit ;) seeing that the watches looked "in my eyes" pretty good, but not having

the opportunity feeling and seeing them first hand it's f*cking hard making that call.

Turkey has a lot of lovely cities, but not any good rep watches. I don't know if you are Swedish or live in Sweden, but if you do, its extremely safe and easy to get deliveries from our TD's here... Go to Turkey for its amazing food and harbors, but don't waste your time with raggedy bazaar reps :)

bingoofsweden

@JSJ

Yes I do watch Youtube from time to time and currently following Phil @ Replica Watch Station https://www.youtube....m_zkvM8zTEZ-3nQ

I think he makes really good reviews, you should check him out. Damn Youtube taking all "replica" review/sales channels down to fast though :(

@Inkoumori

Seems you where right there regarding GuangZhou being the "capitol" for watches, maybe I mixed it up with Shenzhen Electronics Market, where you can buy anything electronic related. Although Shenzhen is referenced by Phil's videos (above)! Maybe they manufacture in GuangZhou and sell them at the markets in Shenzhen?

I would like to quote Phil @ Replica review station, by saying "....I do this to educate people what their getting when purchasing a replica watch"

and this should have been my "tag" / topic from the beginning :D

Edited by bingoofsweden

BenjaminButton

At the core of this forum lies the hard work for nothing (unpaid) to create a Trusted Dealer relationship that benefits you and I as members of the forum who like to buy watches. So all other sources dilute the message and effectiveness of the forum. So the question is impertinent.

Sent from Uranus

narikaa

Drinking ghastly mint tea while some sleazy Turkster tries to rape your wallet for this seasons container load of ess aich eye tee from Guangzhou

Oh yes Asdaprice

(Just don't make a noise like a Kurd)

JSJ
Drinking ghastly mint tea while some sleazy Turkster tries to rape your wallet for this seasons container load of ess aich eye tee from Guangzhou

Oh yes Asdaprice

(Just don't make a noise like a Kurd)

Does a Kurd sound a bit like a trump?

purger72

Turkey has always been known for selling bad fakes, tshirts that fall apart after two washes, gold that washes off after first shower,fake silver and so on.

I used to work on cruise ships and been in turkey several times on that same Gran Bazaar. People are great and great to bargn with but quality is really bad of any item except the carpets .

Those

Probably those fake watches are the worst of replicas you can possibly buy .

Edited by purger72