Sign in to follow this  
lukeas123456

Tudor Ebay

lukeas123456

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152210544433

Morning Guys. Something about this doesn't look right I have the rep. The box is putting me into a sense that it may be a rep. And the watch there's just something about it but I can't put my finger on it. May be wrong but what do you guys think?

carter23

Its not the box that it should have come with... and the missing warranty cards/papers are concerning.

Its hard to tell because the rep of this is so close to gen.

Genius

End link fit is off TUDOR engraving on the clasp is not right... Bracelet is 100% rep

Lugs look a bit too sharp

Box looks rep to me...

I'll go out on a limb and say this is completely fake

Genius

I've mailed the seller, lets see if he does the right thing

Wriggles

Seems to deal predominantly in coins and jewellery. Likely doesn't know anything about watches, does mention he "guarantees it's authenticity".

If anyone was buying this they'd be mad not to request authentication first from an AD, it appears to me he probably thinks it's genuine and is not actually trying to scam

the_frenchman

The advertise doesn't say its genuine , not even in the title. He knows perfectly this is not gen ! Why? My conclusion : because he says " i guarantee it's authenticity" . No one wrights this kind of shit on a watch sale. He knows perfectly if paypal goes for him after a dispute he will declare that he has not enough knowledge in watches or experience in this field, so thats why he said " i guarantee...".

Wriggles

^^^^this makes no sense. Why would anyone state they guarantee anything if their plan for defence in case of being challenged is to claim insufficient knowledge

lukeas123456

The box is what go me going. Then the fact of no paper work. I have the Rep, and I'v seen the gen and they are hard to tell apart but this i think has fake all over it.

SamsonAusKognito

Please don't kill me for asking, I just want to understand ...

why is it a thing to call out these Ebay scammers?

If anyone wants a gen, they should know the risk about buying from a private person.

If somebody buys the watch I doubt their passion for the watch, cause they haven't seen the issue.

And don't getting your Alarm bells ringing when reading ,,... authentic" makes me feel bad for the innovent, naive person... maybe that's reason? To secure them from spending the Money wrong?

Stewart

If anyone wants a gen, they should know the risk about buying from a private person.

If somebody buys the watch I doubt their passion for the watch, cause they haven't seen the issue.

And don't getting your Alarm bells ringing when reading ,,... authentic" makes me feel bad for the innovent, naive person... maybe that's reason? To secure them from spending the Money wrong?

Many of us have been scammed before and take a strong position on the matter of scam artists.

MDK

none of us here would ever attempt to sell a rep as the gen, we buy them for what they are, they're not to fool people its gen.

It gives what we do a very bad name, scamming people is not what were about.

a hard line is taken against anyone who tries to fob off a rep as gen, that includes eBay sellers. As Stewart has mentioned many of us have been scammed before and take a very dim view of it.

And hey its a bit of fun calling them out, maybe we have saved somebody from a lot of heartache.

Anyone who considers this needs to be dragged out and given a good hiding

SamsonAusKognito

none of us here would ever attempt to sell a rep as the gen, we buy them for what they are, they're not to fool people its gen.

It gives what we do a very bad name, scamming people is not what were about.

a hard line is taken against anyone who tries to fob off a rep as gen, that includes eBay sellers. As Stewart has mentioned many of us have been scammed before and take a very dim view of it.

And hey its a bit of fun calling them out, maybe we have saved somebody from a lot of heartache.

Anyone who considers this needs to be dragged out and given a good hiding

Alright, that let me feel more familiar with this and I'm sure I will join with you, next Time I doubt the origin of a eBay watch :)

Let's clear them out!!! :lol:

SamsonAusKognito

Thanks Stewart and MDK :)

Genius

He's replied, seems like a genuine guy says he's taking it down until he can have it properly checked... Like has already been said the reps are bloody good so if you don't know what to look for then its easy to miss it

Genius

And it's gone

the_frenchman

Well..... Looks like the guy did know what he was selling....

Genius
Well..... Looks like the guy did know what he was selling....

'Xactly he's a dealer in fancy shiny things and thought he'd done a good deal on a watch he could make a profit on, most people have no clue just how good the reps are. He did tell me he has the details of the guy he got it off so hopefully he can get his money back