Sign in to follow this  
plankton

Tuning a decorated 3120 V2 on the new JF White Diver- results shown

plankton

Well I finally got the balls to take the decorated movement apart and clean, adjust and tune the movement. As you all aware they normally come running 10-15 seconds off with a horrible scattered line on the timograph. I slightly lubes some parts that seem to be binding, cleaned some gears that looked dirty put if back together and times the MIYOTA 9015 .So here is what we have all all angles, very happy with the results, that Miyota is a pain in the ass to time because the slightest movement makes a huge change so this took some time. Next step is a Nice AP Bands strap for the diver to get rid of the rubber, I'm not a big fan of ruber straps.

This timing pictures are at all different angles (flat, 45 degree, 180 degree, 76 degree) and now the movement is smooth as silk.

IMG_0749-1-90x90.jpg I did have to polish the movement , that gold shows every touch and the little screws in the center actually have threads, not for just decoration. Fun shit doing this one. I was half a afraid I'd have to send a box of parts to my friend VACLume but an angel was watching over me and it came out fine. The timing dod take servral 30 minutes attempts, I kept getting it a 8 SPD was just want stronger results.CwzAxVC.jpg

mzS9qoT.jpgH3lOfE7.jpgdk4VrJt.jpgbqjqJcv.jpgmzS9qoT.jpg

Member X

Nice work, braver man than I... lol

plankton

All done, polished, waterproofed as well as an AP can be. Tomorrow the AP Bands strap get put on her.

wvfMYy1.jpg?1

plankton

Here is the cool part, I was able to polish the parts using a leather q-tip and some simichrome and it came out great, nice difference. This may have helped it run better, i don't know but sure made a noticeable. It's my birthday so I had fresh time in the am to tackle this and I had already warned Vac. Nice little D Day present for me!

ITPfmQX.jpg?2

nunu78

that last movement shot is absolutely awesome.

plankton

that last movement shot is absolutely awesome.

Thanks, those little screws in the center actually just tighten the center ring on and one fell off, took me 20 minutes to find the damn thing. I really like this one, eye catcher.

splke

Very nice oh and happy birthday pal

:happybirthday:

Mr_B

Good job matey, looks great! :thumbsup:

jeffc83

Guess I am putting my other projects aside to tackle this one too. (mine came in last week) Nice job on the Timegrapher mate!

plankton

Very nice oh and happy birthday pal

:happybirthday:

thank you for both.

RepC

Wow. amazing!

plankton

Wow. amazing!

Thanks, it was a blast and stress taking it apart and tuning. Once you did past the bridges etc is just a miyota that I got to run really well.

Tikwatejnu

So does that mean, that I can send you my AP for a tune-up and polish? beacuse that Looks ohh so sweet what you did there!!!

midasmook

Very nice work. Ever since I tried on the gen (Number 000 ) I have been waiting for the rep. Looks good and I may have to take the plunge.

IMG_4904_zpsk7ac0wki.jpg

Chiquita Fanjita

Very nice work. Ever since I tried on the gen (Number 000 ) I have been waiting for the rep. Looks good and I may have to take the plunge.

IMG_4904_zpsk7ac0wki.jpg

That wrist looks familiar :lol:

Been waiting on the v2 version of this too with the correct colour datewheel. What TD you get this from? Didn't know it was on general sale as yet.

plankton

IMG_4904_zpsk7ac0wki.jpg

That wrist looks familiar :lol:

Been waiting on the v2 version of this too with the correct colour datewheel. What TD you get this from? Didn't know it was on general sale as yet.

Aston I still use Ken Lee- chazingtime from next door.

Chiquita Fanjita

Aston I still use Ken Lee- chazingtime from next door.

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

GenTLe

Well done mate. It looks very good!

jpohl402

Looks very nice, and happy bday indeed!!