Sign in to follow this  
carter23

Rolex Clasp Tightening/Loosening

carter23

Hey All,

Just before I went to put my Datejust on and the clasp wasn't holding at all, was coming undone with every wrist movement. So I went onto google to see if there was anything to do about this and found this awesome simple article.

Most of you probably know about this, but its good to just have around for noobs like me when they want to search.

I will post a link to the site at the end, but to just make it easier I will unpack it so its a quick view for anyone who clicks on this.

Overtime, your Rolex clasp will begin to loose its tight fit. This common issue is actually resolved quite easily. Here is a “how to” on how to make that Rolex clasp feel tighter or looser for that matter.

First, undo the entire clasp. As you can see, we have an example of the Everest Oyster clasp, but our clasp is based off a Rolex Oyster clasp. So for example purposes, this is perfect.

rolex-clasp.jpg?9789

Second, very lightly bend the connecting butterfly piece between the buckle itself and the butterfly connecting to the 6 o’clock link side. Notice the picture below.

Everest-clasp-tighten-2.jpg?9790

To tighten the clasp, bend the butterfly piece to create more of a curve. To loosen it, flatten the butterfly piece by bending it the opposite direction.

rolex-clasp-loose-tight.jpg?9789

Hopefully, this helps create a perfect fit and makes that Rolex clasp feel new again!

NOTE: Dont push too much because you will find that it is very hard to undo (Like I initially did), if it is hard to undo for starters, hope this quick tip has helped you. The link for the site is: http://bezelandbarre...ng-it-feel-new/

Edited by carter23

Andylaw1919

Good info

RepGuy

Hello

if you not solved you can buy a new one here :

https://www.aliexpre...2632571164.html

That's some sneaky watermark placement on the images right over the Rolex stamp