Sign in to follow this  
FL13

IWC - International Watch Crap

fatarms

:lol: From IWC's website:

For a counterfeiter to reproduce all the movement parts inside even with noticeable quality differences should be quite alarming to real IWC watch collectors. However disturbing it has come to light that in the last two years a number of fake IWC watches hit the market which nearly look like the original. At our service center we have seen in just over 6 months two counterfeit 3714 watches which had the same serial number, 2678159, stamped on the case back. They both had the same cheap movements which timepieces were possibly made in China.

The legal department of Richemont has been informed but at the moment may be an uphill battle finding the producer of these fakes. Moreover, the internet sites which sell those fake watches change nearly once a month which makes criminal prosecution, especially in China, very challenging.

As a result of these findings, I can offer the following advice for now:

1. Be aware that the mentioned serial number, for ref. 3714, 2678159 could be a sure giveaway that the timepiece may not be an authentic as it seems a series of watches all with the same case number were produced with casebacks stamped and not engraved as normally done by IWC.

FunnyStarSystem

Sigh, this isn't even the good version. Comon!

fatarms

See my post above about the serial number.

FunnyStarSystem

See my post above about the serial number.

Yeah, I know, I used to own a 2678159. Sold it on M2M, this could be it for all I know! :giggle:

fatarms

Judging by the guy's rating on Ebay, I'm thinking he doesn't even know that it's a fake.

nunu78

Good stuff

SamsonAusKognito

:lol: that website reads like ,,Houston, we have a problem ... and at this point we don't even know how fkd we are" :roffl:

:rofl:

ShovelnTC

Pube under the 6 oclock marker, that's the biggest tell :giggle:

Nikosaldente
54346539.jpg

JSJ

The IWC post is by someone who writes fake English. 'change nearly once a month', 'the timepiece may not be an authentic' 'could be a sure giveaway'.

It's English, but not as we know it.

carter23

reckon if I message him and tell him its fake.. then offer $100 usd hed take it?