Sign in to follow this  
ColdFusi0n

Hublot Big Bang Chrono Quartz?

ColdFusi0n

Is there such thing as a quartz version of the Hublot Big Bang Chrono?

A friend of mine is in bangkok now and happen to be in a watch shop so i asked her to inquire about the Hublot Big Bang if its good, i might get it.

So she sent me a picture of this beautiful full black hublot. I know this is not a high end rep. Just planning to get one to satisfy my curiosity.

One thing i notice, the date is white , isnt it suppose to be black

Secondly, the shop owner said the gen uses quartz movement too, not auto. Weird.

Third, the red second hand is suppose to stay at 12oclock sicne its a chronograph. So i asked my friend to press the top button to see if it goes back to 12oclock, and it did without moving. So i guess thats fine

Im only worried about the second hand on 9oclock. My friend dosent know anything about watch at all, zero knowledge. She dont even know what automatic look like so its abit hard. Maybe i could get her to record the watch for 5 seconds.

I hope some hublot rep expert can enlighten me on this. He quote 6000baht for it.

14256505_2108525149373633_1635971708_n.jpg

Lagger

Looks like a full ceramic case......there is no such thing as a quartz big bang.......only the reps.....some of the gens have white date wheels so don't worry about that.....the quartz rep takes away the worry of the awful 7750 movement used in reps......my big bang ceramic is away for a full service at the moment ! Robbie on here does decent quartz hublot for about£85 fyi but not sure about ceramic

ColdFusi0n
Looks like a full ceramic case......there is no such thing as a quartz big bang.......only the reps.....some of the gens have white date wheels so don't worry about that.....the quartz rep takes away the worry of the awful 7750 movement used in reps......my big bang ceramic is away for a full service at the moment ! Robbie on here does decent quartz hublot for about£85 fyi but not sure about ceramic

So the quarts refers to the second hand at 9 oclock? Instead of being a smooth sweep it wil go tick tick tick? Or the quart refers to the red second hand that moves when u press the side

Lagger

Yeah the tick....my sub dial sweeps