Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Omega PloProf 21J (v1.5 / 2)

digger2
Had no problems at all. Are you sure about the two-piece crystal?

Have confirmed with about 4 dealers (all trusted either here/other forums) that the cheap version (read 21j, approx 148$) has a two piece laminated crystal. But it is apparently better sealed than the V1's. Dial has no happy feet and the back has a serial number. So this is the upgraded V1 or could possibly call it a V1.5

Single piece sapphire is only available on the V2 Ult as of now. I couldn't justify the extra just for a two piece caseback,working bezel lock and the single glass,so I've paid up for the 21j. No doubt the movement is great on the V2 but I see this as more of a weekend watch so in my case the wrist time won't justify the 200$+ price tag for the V2

Thank's thorne and Greg for information, will probably order one of these.

nunu78

is there a way to find out if your watch has one piece lens or two piece laminated crystal?

thorne
is there a way to find out if your watch has one piece lens or two piece laminated crystal?

Erm....ask the dealer before you buy it?

nunu78

thnx for ur help, i think i can comeup with this solution myself.So if u dun know anything then plz dont reply.

thorne

thnx for ur help, i think i can comeup with this solution myself.So if u dun know anything then plz dont reply.

Relax mate, probably didnt come out the way i meant it...

I meant most of us got to go with what the dealer says on this. That's what I'm doing with the 21j I have just ordered, dealer says two piece with better sealing than the V1, so I'm taking his word for it. In case I have lamination issues somewhere down the line....then I got screwed.

Edited by thorne

greg_r

If it IS a two piece crystal then I'd say they've solves the iasue as I've worn mine a LOT without problems.

nunu78

Relax mate, probably didnt come out the way i meant it...

I meant most of us got to go with what the dealer says on this. That's what I'm doing with the 21j I have just ordered, dealer says two piece with better sealing than the V1, so I'm taking his word for it. In case I have lamination issues somewhere down the line....then I got screwed.

Sorry mate,not having a good day plus my brand new Plop is still sitting somewhere to get fixed hence the frustration.

thorne
If it IS a two piece crystal then I'd say they've solves the iasue as I've worn mine a LOT without problems.

Have you tried in in the shower etc? God forbid...the pool?

BTW ... your incoming made me go :clap:

greg_r
If it IS a two piece crystal then I'd say they've solved the iasue as I've worn mine a LOT without problems.

Have you tried in in the shower etc? God forbid...the pool?

BTW ... your incoming made me go :D

No - I never did understand why people wear a watch in the shower and anyhow I haven't had the watch pressure tested.

thorne

Hi,

Received my QC pics, need some advice...if this is not the right place,Mods pls let me know where to post this instead.

Does the dial look tilted to the left here, it does to me....

The second pic is the same as the first, I just cropped it and rotated it a bit.

IMG_0764B.jpg

IMG_0764BR.jpg

Thanks a lot guys

KeNnY

thorne dial is fine, only the bezel is turned more to the right... so the watch is GREAT !

Greenhat
thorne dial is fine, only the bezel is turned more to the right... so the watch is GREAT !

KeNnY, Why not Mod this Watch and make it better...........like smashing the ugly fucker up

thorne

Thanks Kenny!

Ok'd the pics, now waiting for it to arrive :lol:

thorne

OK it finally got here couple days ago and looks the business and is keeping great time too...swapped the stock black rubber for a Bob shark from of my Pams... Cheers :beer2:

IMG_2619.jpg

IMG_2617.jpg

digger2

I have had mine for a couple of weeks now and it has been in water maybe 5 times and still no signs of delamination.

It keeps good time as long as it is on my wrist but the power reserve is very poor (about 8 hours), I havn't figured out why.