Sign in to follow this  
Kreon

Submariner noob v7

Kreon

I am about to buy from toro the submariner v7 and I am also thinking of buying a clark crystal for it. I read in the forums to pick the 2.35 gasket but I m not sure if I m picking the right crystal

"Clark-Sapphire-crystal-for-Rolex-25-295-C-295C-25-295C-with-AR-date-window" is what it's called

Ilikewaches

The v7 does not need this mod. It sits pretty much identical to gen right from the factory.

ShovelnTC

Yes it's a great watch out of the box and if you start looking for upgrades then I hope you have a decent bank account as many of the guys are spending thousands in the quest for the perfect Sub-C.

Everyone has their own opinion but mine is to buy the watch, wear the watch and enjoy the watch.

But......................................if you have unlimited funds then go straight for a Gen crystal, and bezel assembly, and insert, and crown and tube, and don't buy the 2836 version as the crown sits in the wrong place so then it's a Yuki movement, and gen hand set and.......................................see what I mean!

Daywatch

Get it first, wear it for 2 months, post pics, there´s always time to upgrade later if You want to. For now there are lots of things You just don´t know yet:

is the movement a good one? is the rehaut engraving well aligned? is the date fine etc. etc.

The ar on the clark might be better - but You loose the laser etched crown. Now if You get one with the cyclops misaligned and the lec at the wrong place - why not, go ahead and change the crystal - for a gen, considering the labour cost, waiting time and postage involved.

Edited by Daywatch

Kreon

Thank you very much for enlightening me, just thought the crystal height looked ugly and didn't mind the non existing lec. But those were good points. Didn't know the crystal on v7 was lower.

ColdFusi0n

Fork out some extra bucks directly from BK then. Hes in the trusted dealer list. He get the noob v7 out of the factory and does the necessery mods that you mentioned.