Sign in to follow this  
paglaa

Omega CrPO (GMT and non-GMT)

paglaa

hi,

I am looking for this watch (see below). 9,12,6 orange numbering with GMT and non-GMT (professional) version.

http://www.ablogtowa...watch-review/3/

From what i read so far Noob's quality is better and they don't make GMT version. I don't know much about KW's quality of the GMT watch. As i couldn't find any reviews.

I am about to purchase the watch but need some advice which one should i go for. Both looks similar to me other than different number or bezel and GMT instead of professional. I am assuming colour of the Dial is same on both as i can't tell much from the pictures.

1) Noob (Seamster professional with orange 9,12,6 numbering)

or

2) KW (GMT with orange 9,12,6 numbering)

Which one is close to Gen. Both are similar in price.

Any advise please.

thanks,

Khronos

There are numerous topics about this, seriously.

But let me spoon feed you a little.

Noob - gorgeous from the front, but it has terrible movement decoration. It uses an Asian clone movement, which is better.

KW - great from the front. Bezels can have a little play on the 45mm version, tell your TD to pick one out that's firm.

Movement decoration better, but it uses a low beat Miyota movement with no hacking. I'd stay away from GMT, keep it simple. The second hand tends to stutter if you shake the watch.

Noobs are heavily discounted ATM, so I'd go with that. Unless you are afraid that someone may ask you to take off the watch. In this case you should go with KW.

The safest bet is the old 2500 Planet ocean UPO, it has a closed caseback. But no ceramic bezel.

There ya go, that's about all you need to know.

paglaa

Thanks Khronos.

Price for both watches are same from the same dealer.

I wouldn't mind which movement it has as long as it has good accuracy, not off by too much.I won't take it off from my hand. Just wanted to know which one is close to gen from the front, including AR coating, bezel, dial etc..

paglaa

Anyone please let me know KW or Noob? which one is good and close to gen from front.

akira112

From the front just go with the noob version.

You don't want a stuttering second hand

Wolf359

Pumpkin bezel Noobs in 45.5mm seem to be sold out everwhere.