Sign in to follow this  
bobandshawn

Did this EVER exist on a gen rivet???

bobandshawn

I've been told that this type of last link was used on gen rivets for a VERY Brief time, but have been unable to find any corroboration. I've also read that this is a "tell" on a rep. Any one have anything definitive to put this to rest? I love this bracelet, but if it's a definite 'tell" on a rep i guess I won't use it...

Thanks for your feedback and comments!

Bob

20160913_150428_zpscioynbbl.jpg

fatarms

If you're looking to get rid of it, I know someone who might be interested in it :Whistle::lol:

King

Hmmm ... never seen that before -- almost looks like it's been installed upside-down.

Member X

Given any watch of that age will be, what, 40 years old now? it is highly likely that things will have been added to or changed on it over time, so unless you're attempting to pass off a new Rep as a 'New Old Stock' Gen for $$$$$, there's no need to worry about it ;)

I very much doubt anyone will be grabbing your wrist and saying "Look!! His end links are wrong!!! Fraud!!!!" because a) Rolex WIS are a rare breed, b) the 99.9999999% of the rest of the population couldn't give a shit what's on your wrist and would only think a Rolex rep was a rep if it ticked like a quartz, and most importantly c) "those that care don't matter, those that matter don't care", so fuck those who would judge you by what you wear on your wrist ;)

bobandshawn

No - not looking to sell at all. Just striving for the best possible representation.

B

black263

Just out of interest, could we have a picture of the inside of the bracelet, to see the other side of that link?

bobandshawn

Just out of interest, could we have a picture of the inside of the bracelet, to see the other side of that link?

I'm at work now, but the underside looks almost like the top. In essence - two tubes connected...kind of like a figure 8.

B

Haltec

@OP

Mine from Silix is exactely like that.

NCRich

I'm always amazed at the things people notice. Meanwhile some dude with a gen rolex puts it on a speidel band from walmart cause it is more comfortable.

jdog

Hey B. Ive handled a bunch of gens and researched these quite a bit. Unfortunately Ive never seen a gen with that type of end. The 7206 rivets etc all came with the smaller/more open single loop vs. what the yuki and cartel etc come with. However, with Rolex and vintage, anything is possible.

porschespeedster

pass

bobandshawn

Thanks guys - I think I'm gonna try to replace them with folded links somehow. Unfortunately, I only have one folded link to spare so I'll start looking for another...

B

Markrfc

Take off the bracelet remove the end link and turn the final link round it on back to front job done

GC
I'm always amazed at the things people notice. Meanwhile some dude with a gen rolex puts it on a speidel band from walmart cause it is more comfortable.

Hahahhaahh.... Too true! Too true!!

bobandshawn

Take off the bracelet remove the end link and turn the final link round it on back to front job done �

Why? If you read the post or had actually seen one you would know that the link is virtually the same on the other side...

B