Sign in to follow this  
DonJuanLeon

Noob awaiting first order.

DonJuanLeon

Hey guys been a member for a year finally taken plunge after reading as much as possible. I am currently awaiting deliver of noob v7 hulk sub and jf ap15400

I wanted some advice on quality checking g them once they arrive is there anything I should be looking out for. Also I have seen about soaking bracelet in baby oil. What is the purpose of this.

Thanks for the help

WatchaholicMallorca

There are a few reviews on here about both watches, I'd say you've picked to total beauties as your first pair, I have both and they are great quality. Never done the baby oil trick but think it just makes the bracelet feel smoother, something you won't need on both your watches.

WatchaholicMallorca

BCE735A5-36A9-4D0F-A8E8-B8A21D4DC6FE_zpssjitavy3.jpg

07870B83-7B4F-4CD5-AA0A-95860B5F903F_zpsvjqfgbsb.jpg

the_frenchman

Bienvenido caballero ;)

Dorian84

great choice on both!

Mr_B
Hey guys been a member for a year finally taken plunge after reading as much as possible. I am currently awaiting deliver of noob v7 hulk sub and jf ap15400

I wanted some advice on quality checking g them once they arrive is there anything I should be looking out for. Also I have seen about soaking bracelet in baby oil. What is the purpose of this.

Thanks for the help

Maybe look at the QC picks for checking the quality

DonJuanLeon

Thanks watchaholic. Nice pics I'll be posting mine once watches arrive in the week

Pseudonym

Tips on QC?

Spend the time comparing what you have bought to what you wanted to buy if that makes sense? Make sure it is indeed the version you ordered. As far an anything else goes, I guess comparison to gen?

The V7 is a great watch. I'm impressed with mine.

7390a80cfab03e9ac4cdae6e6ac6e4d1.jpg

DonJuanLeon

Sweet looks good tax dodger. Can't wait for.mine now gonna be a long few days while.im waiting for delivery.

SamsonAusKognito

Cheers! You have made a great purchase. :thumbsup:

2 gorgeous watches.

black263

Tips on QC?

Spend the time comparing what you have bought to what you wanted to buy if that makes sense? Make sure it is indeed the version you ordered. As far an anything else goes, I guess comparison to gen?

The V7 is a great watch. I'm impressed with mine.

QC is really not for comparing to gen. If you do that, it will usually fail. QC is for comparing with the Rep you ordered, and to check for manufacturing faults like printing errors not on the sales pictures, missaligned numerals, bezel etc. Basically, if the QC pics show the watch is the rep in the condition that you ordered, go ahead and approve. See the link below.

Ant0702

Sounds like they are on there way, but if not, careful checking of the QC pocs is really important. One thing you might not ordinarily look at (I Missed it twice!) is the alignment of the hands. Make sure they are bang on the hour otherwise it will really erk you everytime you look at the watch!!

As for your choices - Tops - I have both of these and I think they would be the ones I would keep if I had to ditch all the others. Simple, classy and very close to gen. Enjoy!

gavmeister
Sounds like they are on there way, but if not, careful checking of the QC pocs is really important. One thing you might not ordinarily look at (I Missed it twice!) is the alignment of the hands. Make sure they are bang on the hour otherwise it will really erk you everytime you look at the watch!! As for your choices - Tops - I have both of these and I think they would be the ones I would keep if I had to ditch all the others. Simple, classy and very close to gen. Enjoy!

Good advice here, I also ask for a short clip/movie file of the watch in motion with the pushes activated and the date being changed over at 12:00AM!

If you can get it, worth asking for timegrapher info.

JSJ
Sweet looks good tax dodger. Can't wait for.mine now gonna be a long few days while.im waiting for delivery.

Tax dodger? Wooo. :daffy:

Anyway, good luck. Seems like you have gone about this well.

For bracelets, I don't use baby oil, I use an ultrasonic cleaner followed by drying in a warm oven, then bike chain lube called Rock'n'Roll. It's silicone lube in a solvent so the silicone penetrates into the crevices. The solvent evaporates after it has done its job, leaving the lube where it wouldn't normally reach.

It's amazing how much black gunge comes out of a new bracelet in the ultrasonic cleaner sometimes.

The bracelets feel good after the treatment.

DonJuanLeon

Thanks guys appreciate all the wise words. Package cleared customs today so not long now. Will get pics up asap

DonJuanLeon

So they both arrived ok. I was a little disappointed with the alignment of the Pearl at 12 as it's a little off but not hugely noticable in the wrist. Need to remove a couple of links so I'm off to watch the tutorials. Apologies for photos was first time using photoreceptor etc I'll post some wrist shots once sorted out bracelets

black263

I assume you couldn't align it by rotating the bezel. Need to remove and replace insert. Plenty of info if you search.

Member X
Sounds like they are on there way, but if not, careful checking of the QC pocs is really important. One thing you might not ordinarily look at (I Missed it twice!) is the alignment of the hands. Make sure they are bang on the hour otherwise it will really erk you everytime you look at the watch!! As for your choices - Tops - I have both of these and I think they would be the ones I would keep if I had to ditch all the others. Simple, classy and very close to gen. Enjoy!

Good advice here, I also ask for a short clip/movie file of the watch in motion with the pushes activated and the date being changed over at 12:00PM!

If you can get it, worth asking for timegrapher info.

Personally I prefer my date to change over at 12.00am... :Whistle:;)

DonJuanLeon

Pearl lines up at 12 if I leave it halfway thru a click. Looks like I have some research to do. Think gonna need to get myself a toolkit

Del

Pearl lines up at 12 if I leave it halfway thru a click. Looks like I have some research to do. Think gonna need to get myself a toolkit

Maybe it's a bit late but this thread might help you generally...

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=17441

DonJuanLeon

Thanks I actually found the same thread after I'd started this was just the sort of thing I was looking for. Iv adjusted bracelet myself but not too confident on changing bezel so I think I'm going to leave it as is for now. Maybe sell m2m and go for a BK sub. See how it goes

Del

Thanks I actually found the same thread after I'd started this was just the sort of thing I was looking for. Iv adjusted bracelet myself but not too confident on changing bezel so I think I'm going to leave it as is for now. Maybe sell m2m and go for a BK sub. See how it goes

Well done! :thumbsup2:

I wouldn't touch the bezel either tbh. Either leave it between clicks or twist it well off-centre as if you were diving....who's gonna care?! ;)

DonJuanLeon

I think that's all good I wasn't abke to adjust the AP as screwdriver wasn't small enough. I'll be heading to the depot tomorrow