Sign in to follow this  
Theduke.williams

Photobucket problems

Theduke.williams

Lately I've been having problems uploading to photobucket. I use the desktop version only, I won't install the Android app on my phone because it asks for too many permissions (why should Photobucket need access to make calls?)

I have the free account with 2Gb capacity, and it's around 40% full.

I've taken a shedload of photo's lately as I've been fairly active on M2M, and want to leave feedback, but a post is worth nothing without photos!

Everytime I try to upload photos to Photobucket, it seems to take ages for each photo, and more often than not the upload fails.

My photo's aren't excessively large either, 3 to 4 Mb in size each one.

My internet connection is quite stable, and reasonably fast (for non fibre-optic) at about 12 Mbps.

I get the same problem uploading from my gaming PC, or any of my laptop PC's ( I have a few).

I make sure that I am not running any other Internet traffic when trying to upload photo's

I had wondered if the ads that keep popping up in Photobucket could be interfering with the upload, causing the failures, but I'm not convinced this is the case, and I'm reluctant to upgrade to a monthly plan if this won't resolve my problem.

Seriously considering swithing to another Image Hosting service, I hear good things about IMGUR.

Do any members here suffer the same problems with Photobucket?

What Image Hosting service do you use? and do you ever experience any problems similar to mine?

Daffy

If you follow the instructions in my sig, it's much easier to deal with than photofucket.

Mr_B

I use Flickr now, view all sizes when looking at a photo I've uploaded then right click 'copy image url'

Nikosaldente

If you follow the instructions in my sig, it's much easier to deal with than photofucket.

Nice alternative Daffy!

Just tried myself!

Works great!

banjo

Agree about Photobucket and it's a complete pain to navigate too, but there is no free lunch is there?

Once you have signed up to their dubious "service", you should be given an individual email address linked to your specific account. It is then a trivial exercise to send an email to that address and attach your pictures to upload them.

It's when you want to chase down the image url that the fun begins.

e&oe...

CaptainFantastic

I used to use the photobucket mobile site but it got so laggy and full of pointless ads that I've given up posting pics. I've been meaning to work out a new way to do it but not gotten around to it. I might try some of the links above though.

Daffy

With postimage, you can literally upload an image in mere seconds, get the direct URL link, and have it in your post.

Daywatch

Hi, quite satisfied with phobu and use ad-blocker so it´s faster;

3 to 4 MB imho is "huge". My 1280x720 pics are reduced to 200 to 400 kb. With bigger You have too much dataflow, Yours are 10x that size.

DSC_5816_zpsgtoayzem.jpg

onionbag

I still use PB, but mostly Flickr. PB's site is a pile of shit, but it's like an old girlfriend you phone late at night............ everytime I go back I find stuff I dumped there ages ago and have a good giggle.

narikaa

PB is whats commonly known as a crock of shit

Extricate yourself from that stinking mire as fast as you can

Loads of better alternatives