Sign in to follow this  
RepGuy

Asian 2813 Movement High Beat?

RepGuy

Looking at some offerings from Perfect Clones, I see a great option for a watch that he says comes with a "New Breed Nickle Plated Asian 2813 25J". From research, this is historically a low beat movement, correct? The information on the listing says it is a 28,800BPH movement, but I didn't want to email him until I figured this out. Any information on this in terms of reliability/serviceability in addition to its true BPH?

Thanks!

Wriggles

IIRC the high beat 2813 is generally referee to as the POS movement. A number of threads about it on here, considered unreliable

RepGuy

Thanks for the info, I'll keep looking for something more reliable. No wonder it is offered at such a deal.

mike70sk

i have a couple of watches with these moments and they work good and the sweep is pretty good

ColdFusi0n

Looking at some offerings from Perfect Clones, I see a great option for a watch that he says comes with a "New Breed Nickle Plated Asian 2813 25J". From research, this is historically a low beat movement, correct? The information on the listing says it is a 28,800BPH movement, but I didn't want to email him until I figured this out. Any information on this in terms of reliability/serviceability in addition to its true BPH?

Thanks!

I did some research about this before. There are indeed 28800bph DG2813 movement but i remember reading somewhere that it is known as the DG2814. Correct me if im wrong but i think i saw similar ad on Joshua's website before however, the QC picture shows 21,600.. maybe he didnt update that.

Daffy

Never mind.

mike70sk

Thanks!

I did some research about this before. There are indeed 28800bph DG2813 movement but i remember reading somewhere that it is known as the DG2814. Correct me if im wrong but i think i saw similar ad on Joshua's website before however, the QC picture shows 21,600.. maybe he didnt update that.

purchased a vintage one with these movments, i used Marvelous Replicas to purchase it, his picture indeed did say 28800bph

dfq23

Thanks!

purchased a vintage one with these movments, i used Marvelous Replicas to purchase it, his picture indeed did say 28800bph

ironically most vintages would have actually had a low beat movement anyway

lukeas123456

Just stick to the Asian ETA for high beat much safer

Genius

Ive had 2 watches with that movement one broke after a couple of months the other is still working fine after a couple of years

If you do the maths even with a 50% fail rate and factoring in replacing with a drecent ETA clone they are probably still more economically viable in a lot of cases than a proper ETA clone due to the premium some dealers/factories add on for the clone..

Depends on the price differential but if its more than $70 then I'd go for the cheaper movement

lukeas123456

Ive had 2 watches with that movement one broke after a couple of months the other is still working fine after a couple of years

If you do the maths even with a 50% fail rate and factoring in replacing with a drecent ETA clone they are probably still more economically viable in a lot of cases than a proper ETA clone due to the premium some dealers/factories add on for the clone..

Depends on the price differential but if its more than $70 then I'd go for the cheaper movement

Its one of those pot luck scenarios. A bit like the Rolex SA Clone Movement very nice works well when it works but once its dead its dead.