Sign in to follow this  
Olehandr

CG Screw for PAM 243M?

Olehandr

Folks Lost 1 screw , already purchased one from Esh...Bay and Panatame ,both are to big , maybe somebody has spare screw for 243m Pam , thank you in advance

onionbag

Try a spectacles repair kit, usually a quid or so from a Poundland type shop. I've found what I need there before.

BadPickle

What about your local engineers merchants? Take a bus ride down there, hand the remaining screw to the old grumpy cunt behind the counter and maybe.... just maybe......................

Something like this place--

http://www.bbn.co.uk/Products/Top/1

Good luck :D

onionbag

They're all grumpy buggers, those who work behind wooden counters, barmen, storemen, trade counter numpties.

I wonder why?

Could be us popping in saying " have you got a wee screw?"

:lol:

BadPickle

It's a front, these engineers counters are magical places, the one in the link I have frequented more than most, it hasn't changed much since circa1974, maybe only in appearance :lol: it's the first place I was sent to when I was a spotty faced youth for a "long stand" :giggle:

PaulSH

I lost a screw from a Parnis version earlier in the year. I tried all sorts, but ended up having to modify my own from stock screws bought from e-bay. If you search for 'cheese head machine screw' - I am guessing it will be 1.4 or 1.6mm thread, you can make your own with some small files and a gauge. The screws themselves are a quid for 10 or so. It is useful to have a few hex nuts a the same time to keep the thread tidy.

I would happily do one for you, but there are so many different options, I wouldn't get it right. If you want to send me the one that you still have, I will do my best for you (might take a week or so though). PM me if want me to try.

Bit of a Heath Robinson solution, but you don't notice once they are in place.

Cleebeauregard

This place:

http://www.jacksontse.com/new/product-page.php?product_id=168

Screws falling out of the NOOB PAM 243 is a well known problem. Your lucky you only lost a screw-- lots of folks lost both screws and the crown guard. When you get a replacement, my advice is buy some Locktite to use on the screws---

Dendo

Until your order from Jackson arrives buy the spectacle repair kit - you will get a screw that will be approximate i am pretty sure. Use that screw inside the crown guard and the other original screw in the open slot where the screw is seen. Use the blue locktite on both.