Sign in to follow this  
TheSociety

The Daytona 6263 Hunt (DW/SPinmaster/Kenny/Watchguyusa1) Anyone else?

TheSociety

Hey guys,

So I've gotten lost into the interweb space of the elusive perfect vintage daytona. After doing a ton of research I realize I would like a daytona with a DW case or a full DW 7750 piece but DW is not someone I'd want to do business with (and it seems like he's long gone). That leaves us with Kenny (cartel base) and Watchguyusa1 (cartel base) but I don't see many of them pop up on M2M either. Is the only choice left to build my own? If so, which modder would you recommend?

Ratubbs

I'm gonna subscribe because I'm looking to do the same build or a Tudor 7032

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

michel7752

I can not compare, since all my three 6263 cartel watches went to KeNnY. I added Yuki dials, new hands, Clark crystal. KeNnY also did some casework and, most important, the modification at the lower subdial. But on request, KeNny can apply much more magic (crowns etc).

Mine is a relatively economic mod, but with all 3 watches I could not be happier.

TheSociety
I can not compare, since all my three 6263 cartel watches went to KeNnY. I added Yuki dials, new hands, Clark crystal. KeNnY also did some casework and, most important, the modification at the lower subdial. But on request, KeNny can apply much more magic (crowns etc).

Mine is a relatively economic mod, but with all 3 watches I could not be happier.

Do you mind PMing me the price you paid? I'll most likely Go this route but I hate waiting lol

Chiruku

Kenny did mine (stock cartel with Yuki dial, softened edges and case work with re-polishing, relume of the hands to match the dial, installing Clarks Tropic crystal) and added the red second hand which Im really happy I went for.

The print on the Yuki is great - the coronet is eye meltingly awful. (You'd think it be easy to do as good a job as they do on the white version)

Anyway - Im also on the hunt for a Watchguyusa1 dial but I hit up Duane and he is out of stock for the rest of the year. Going to chase him back up in Jan but once the new dial is in this will be a done deal for me.

IMG_5306_zps5loyft7n.jpg

Cleebeauregard

Not a 6263, but my Paul Newman says hi. This was a major grail for me, spent 2 years watching and waiting, missed several good examples by like 5 minutes, but this is the one I was fated to have. Cartel case, gen bracelet and end links; It's a touched-up but genuine Singer dial with original lume dots (hence the need for Cartel case and manual movement).

The best 6263s I've seen are the ones you've already mentioned-- DW, Phong dial, 7753. WatchguyUSA1 has some nice builds, but the best ones are certainly pricey. I was planning to ask KeNny to build me one when I stumbled upon this gem. I've also seen some nice builds on RWG.cc including some by slay, but also $$$.

I think the best examples still are M2M, but it requires patience and constant vigilance to find ne really worth getting excited about. Happy hunting!

IMG_4137_zpscgnx9qkx.jpg

IMG_4033201_zpsijhkyhzc.jpg

dial_zpssqzxphkr.jpg

onionbag

Not a review.

Moved to GD.

TheSociety

Got really lucky and scored 1 Gold piece from DW via my friend and 3 of these beauties from a single member!

731d384212f61ffe1be13b2aabd2a832.jpgc2ec84d8cb3d22ea883dcdfddb940ff0.jpg2495fdb3df074a38c1b5bee270342d17.jpgb319c814f9e8e46bb3f019ab9c673c8c.jpg267326831d02a55074fe9adbb12037b6.jpg

Ratubbs

Damn !! Mother load! Nice stuff can you give details please ?