Sign in to follow this  
ElvisFreak

V2 Noob No Date Submariner

ElvisFreak

Hello awesome gentiles of this forum.

Considering its an early Noob, is this one still a decent one? I know about the flaws but see any glaring defects?

DSCF7774_zpsurrbbcm6.jpg

ShovelnTC

Mate it depends on whether you are looking for a nice watch or are more concerned with flaws and tells.

I own a V1 BK and it still looks and performs beautifully but has tells obvious to the many studied guys on the forums.

So for me when I put it on I enjoy the beautiful sheen of the ceramic insert and the polished Stainless steel and the smooth sweep of the Swiss movement but for others they would be disappointed by the incorrect color and font of the insert, the imperfect crown guard shape and all of the other tells.

So it's up to you to determine if you want a beautiful watch to wear and enjoy or if you are more concerned with what others may see or think about your watch.

fatarms

THE 30 ON THE BEZEL IS UPSIDE DOWN!

ShovelnTC

Oh and forgot to say that you'll need pics with sharper focus and better light if you want us to look for defects.

Vipassana

The rolex crown at 6 o clock is a giveaway. ..

When a friend suddenly wears a rolex, i will look for this

If it's obvious, like the photo you posted. ...its a replica

For Gen , you only see it with some difficulty or beaming a torch at it

Noob is coming close to perfecting it with its V7 sub

Recently, rolex explorer 1 217420 39mm with 3136. ..can't remember the maker, produced an invisible crown quite successfully .guess lots of work to etch it on the glass

Edited by Vipassana

tonyh7

No one would know, aside from the rare species of lunatic you get on this forum. I've got a v6 hulk. Some tells are easy to see when you know. The colour though nice is off. Most you need keen eyes or a loupe to see. Point is no one other than you is looking. Wear and enjoy!

GC

99% of your fellow humans will never even take notice of the watch you are wearing, the other 1% meh... If they ask, tell them it was a gift and it's fake.

I think you are good to go, or just order a Regmariner for $120.

Vipassana

My intention to post comments is to share some information that some, if not most, are unaware.

It is never intended to put myself high on the pedestal while putting others in place.

On a positive note, makers may take note of the imperfection and rectify it.

Aren't we all hoping to see new versions with attention paid to fine details?

It is so easy to retaliate negatively when one sees or hears something counteract to their perceived notions

It is always an uphill task for one to take it constructively and share his " I beg to differ " in a nicer way.

2 cent worth

Ilikewaches

The white bezel paint and pearl are a dead give away from more than an arms length.