Sign in to follow this  
splke

thinking of a bulova

Genius

it's here

looks like ex display but I can live with that! no papers/manual/hang tags either ?

nice soft leather

and sexy sweeping second hand really smooth

main thing I noticed is how light it is not used to that !

overall lovely not sure how long it will be mine but it has scratched an itch :)

20161028_122346.jpg

Like that a lot. I actually found mine quite heavy for a quartz but then I was wearing a Forged carbon before so anything feels heavy, but for me its the lack of a rotor that feels most wierd

MoveAlong

This just in. This thread got me looking, thanks! :facepalm:

Anyway, totally impressed with this. I had a Precisionist Longwood for a while, just couldn't pull it off on my chicken wrist. Loved the Precisionist movement, though. This has the amazing smooooooth sweep, beautiful! I'm blown away by the quality for the price. It has one of the nicest precision feeling crowns ever, not kidding - it's excellent. The leather is not the best, but not the worst either. Bulova pretty much nailed this one. Overall, an incredible value and highly recommended.

30460877420_bd4948b45d_c.jpg

splke

Mm sort of regret getting rid of mine now

Mike on a bike

MovesAlong almost pulled the trigger on that one many times , good deal.

Have this one sitting somewhere brand new in the box............

98B156-side__39689.1471490625.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

Mike on a bike
1418927269photo.jpg

AndyBlue
fancy one of the sweeping quartz bulovas but don't wanna pay for the accutron or the precisionist .

this a £100 with the correct movement what you think of it ?

Bulova-Military-96B229.jpg

Looks wise I really like it... Enough that I actually tried it on in argos a couple of months back... Looks well in the store display cabinet but felt shit in the hand just not enough weight to it. I handed it straight back didn't even bother fastening the strap

This statement confuses me... i have one of these. Cracking watch. Weighs just as much as a seiko or some rep. And the price is outstanding. Therefore your honour. I object!

Genius
fancy one of the sweeping quartz bulovas but don't wanna pay for the accutron or the precisionist .

Looks wise I really like it... Enough that I actually tried it on in argos a couple of months back... Looks well in the store display cabinet but felt shit in the hand just not enough weight to it. I handed it straight back didn't even bother fastening the strap

This statement confuses me... i have one of these. Cracking watch. Weighs just as much as a seiko or some rep. And the price is outstanding. Therefore your honour. I object!

Fuck knows maybe it was just the "argos effect" that cheapened the watch for me but I had every intention of buying it but once in hand it just felt not worth the money... Wierd tho because the Bulova I bought feels really well made, nay have to reviset my local argos and have another look

AndyBlue

Fuck knows maybe it was just the "argos effect" that cheapened the watch for me but I had every intention of buying it but once in hand it just felt not worth the money... Wierd tho because the Bulova I bought feels really well made, nay have to reviset my local argos and have another look

Admittedly Argos can be trying. But I can say ''tis a great watch sub hundred

elp
IMG_20161114_101147_zpsmqshjibr.jpg

dfq23

Sweet!!!

Where did you get one from in the end?

MoveAlong

LOVE the lobster!!

splke

so with 10% quidco at argos I thought why not

as I am supposed to be selling all but 6 of my watches I am a little worried that I have just bought another 3 this week !

I have to say for £90 it feels quality and the sweep still knocks me out :)

20161118_134359.jpg

elp
Sweet!!! Where did you get one from in the end?

Watch Superstore through eBay. Easy and painless. Gotta say the watch really is quality, and I'm loving it on both the mesh and the strap.

HS Johnson were very apologetic about the stock mixup.

LOVE the lobster!!

Cheers mate. Was eyeing it for a while before pulling the trigger.

I'm also considering this one :D

bulova-98b252-mens-accutron-ii-lobster-collection-p5734-16625_medium.jpg

AndyBlue

Can't go wrong...

b073c62414d75ff5226cb9aa248f1c19.jpg

MoveAlong

Lobster in today. I've been eyeing these for a long time and finally pulled the trigger. Just a very very cool watch. Amazing quality and affordability. Lucked out and found an eBay seller (The Watchery) unloading these for $159.00.

A few things I really like:

Nice radial brushing on the beautiful retro case.

Blue dial with purple-ish sunburst.

Inner rotating bezel controlled with crown at 10 - too cool.

Domed crystal makes for some beautiful views at different angles.

Extremely comfortable mesh bracelet with fantastic butterfly deployant.

and

THAT SWEEP!

:drool:

IMG_20161123_17172401_copy_zps37sym5iy.jpg

bodybuilder

WTF! you found a snorkel for $$159!!!

I have also been eyeing these off for quite a while. Such a beautiful piece mate congrats!

Cheers BB