Sign in to follow this  
Degsy1880

Noob v1 no date pearl lost

Degsy1880

Hi guys

Been a long time logging in new job and house move on and some family illness has kept me busy and away.

Good to see this hobby chat still going strong.

Anyway as the heading says I've lost the pearl on my daily sub beater. And need to know options for replacement pearl, or is is new bezel. I've read posts about v1 difficult to remove bezels and tricky pearls etc..

So what's your advice guys please

89f40ae587c98b1fcfb16434d422ecca.jpg

Got a few links from eBay but open to all suggestions for replacement pearl or full bezel

http://www.ebay.com....em=161039105924

http://www.ebay.co.u...dcAAOSw-W5U0qSA

I don't feel I would go the hen bezel route as the piece doesn't owe me that much and it's a very early version

Cheers

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Edited by Degsy1880

Nickfive

a v1 boob?

pics please :D

BM284
a v1 boob?

pics please :D

That's what I was thinking!! :giggle:

Look in the m2m parts bit - there was a pearl there a while back - good place to start ..... Or put a want to buy in m2m? Just a thought :)

Jibuti

boob..?!?!?!?

Onze, where are you???!!!!!!!!!

Mr_B
:lmao: boob

lexidium

You may find that the ones on Ebay are 2mm and won't fit and it's not the answer to try and make the hole bigger.

You are better off contacting your TD to get another bezel insert

If you remove the bezel as a whole, be extremely careful when you do not to lose the tiny pips and springs underneath because then the bezel just turns around with no clicks.

Genius

The newer bezel inserts are better anyway so may as well upgrade cant see an insert being much more than a pearl

the_frenchman

Ohhhh....... another sub ......

So is this the way to bring attention to a Sub thread ? calling them boob V1...?

Come on!

Nickfive
:boobies3:

NCRich

Fairly useless comments here. Your ebay links go to aluminum bezels. From your picture it looks like a very fuzzy ceramic bezel sub. Since this is not a latest greatest sub I would suggest you just buy a ceramic insert off ebay. The old insert is useless. Heat it with a hair dryer, stick a sharp pointy thing in the hole and pop off the insert. If it breaks no big deal. Clean off the sticky residue on the bezel with acetone. Take some gs hypo glue and attach the new insert to the bezel. Make sure to line it up. Let dry, wear.

$15 insert I bought.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARVING-38mm-Ceramic-Bezel-Insert-Ring-For-40mm-Parnis-Submariner-GMT-Watch-/331868498021?var=&hash=item4d44e76865:m:mvJjV_0rM8wq6eZ9zWVFGcQ

I did the same with a cheapy sub early version. I went with the bruiser/shark look.

EkcKbQl.jpg?1

p-ro

When's the boob v2 coming out? I'm a big fan of the original model so I'm keen to see what improvements are in store

Nikosaldente

No Boobs permitted here, only section 8 :rofl:

Degsy1880

ha ha ha no idea what you guys are talking about ...

These are not the Boobs you are looking for ...

D.

Degsy1880

Fairly useless comments here. Your ebay links go to aluminum bezels. From your picture it looks like a very fuzzy ceramic bezel sub. Since this is not a latest greatest sub I would suggest you just buy a ceramic insert off ebay. The old insert is useless. Heat it with a hair dryer, stick a sharp pointy thing in the hole and pop off the insert. If it breaks no big deal. Clean off the sticky residue on the bezel with acetone. Take some gs hypo glue and attach the new insert to the bezel. Make sure to line it up. Let dry, wear.

$15 insert I bought.

http://www.ebay.com/...M8wq6eZ9zWVFGcQ

I did the same with a cheapy sub early version. I went with the bruiser/shark look.

EkcKbQl.jpg?1

Cheers Mate , all have a look