Sign in to follow this  
robsterwebb

Old School Reps...

robsterwebb

Back in the late eighty's early ninety's a friend of mines Dad was punting out moody Rolex reps (mainly Datejust's) and it got me thinking, how does the Rep scene now compare to then? Is the quality better now? are there more factories etc?

Just curious really....

rawbaws
how does the Rep scene now compare to then? Is the quality better now?

Yes, by a factor of 100

edwinowl

We all have one in the drawer I'm sure. My first rep was bought in Milan prob late 80s early 90s from the 'looky looky ' man. Jaeger master compressor if I recall. Looking back I felt like I was 'the man' wearing it.

Nowadays, although I don't buy reps currently, whilst we jest the skills are still remarkable and the quality improving

Sadly the jaeger is long gone but you always remember your first love

Mr_B

Long gone are the nickel plated dog shit metal watches of old, with gaps and no water proofing. I think I still have a Breitling rep in a draw somewhere just like that...

robsterwebb

I have to say, some of the reps I've got recently have been amazing...so hard to tell the difference.

RepGuy

I sure do miss the days of lead reps :lol:

Lagger

I remember a couple of breitling reps I got in Turkey 20 plus years ago, they were total shite, the silver coating wore off so you could see some cheap slag metal underneath...........and they were total fantasy designs.

Wish I still had them to compare but I think it's best I don't as I would cringe that I ever wore them........reps have come an awful long way, so has the price

Mr_B
I remember a couple of breitling reps I got in Turkey 20 plus years ago, they were total shite, the silver coating wore off so you could see some cheap slag metal underneath...........and they were total fantasy designs.

Wish I still had them to compare but I think it's best I don't as I would cringe that I ever wore them........reps have come an awful long way, so has the price

I get a photo of mine shortly

GenTLe

Ah, the good old times...

8GlOpYp.jpg

5UokVxI.jpg

eU2aF47.jpg

Inviato da mTalk

edwinowl

My that luminor how errrr gross.

Mr_B

f1127a36a0c157992ff7ccfa6eff8020.jpg

Here she is. Beautiful. :lmao:

Lagger

Oh dear that's bringing back memories! Mine was a similar navitimer/bentley mash up.

The other one was a fucking eyesore, I can't find the guy but there was a guy on here who was posting a pic of his dog shit breitling rep pretending it was the nuts, he had an Egyptian pharaoh as his avatar, that was similar to mine

theslavetrainer

Well my first rep was 24 years ago..... and I bought a couple- Two Porsche Design which turned out to be solid brass. They had like a titanium coating over the brass. I polished one to mirror finish. Great toy.

Cleebeauregard

Love that PAM! It's so F'd up it's cool, lol. I particularly like the weird little red second hand in the middle and the placement of the 3 and 9 indices!

dilip

Love that PAM! It's so F'd up it's cool, lol. I particularly like the weird little red second hand in the middle and the placement of the 3 and 9 indices!

Dont forget about the "automation" ;)