Monkey_Business

Handwound Omega Speedmaster 2013 Numbered Edition Moonwatch

Nhrob

Man on the fucking moon!

carpetmonster

hmmm I need to buy speedy...

Claud9
On 5.11.2016 at 09:07, nivka said:

Nice one. I swapped in a gen crystal on mine and love it1f96738782536e1f5f337e53531a0515.jpg

I Nivka,

where did you find the genuine crystal, how much was it and how did you remove and replace the one that is attached on the case?

Edited by Claud9

nivka
I Nivka,
where did you find the genuine crystal, how much was it and how did you remove and replace the one that is attached on the case?

Hiya Claud. I got it from cousins uk. From memory it was about 100-150. I have a thread on it on rwi. I paid a modder to swap it out because I was scared of decasing a chrono movement

Claud9

Thanks Nivka!

By the way, I'm considering to buy one from Toro as well but the replica of the Moonwatches are not great as the space of the sub dial is wrong. The original space not nearly as wide as the one of the replica and I fear that people at work with spot the difference as they wear Tag & Omega as well. I would immediatly spend 300 Euros for a replica Omega watch that is nearly 1:1...

Is there a perfect clone of this Speedmaster?

https://www.omegawatches.com/de/watch-omega-speedmaster-moonwatch-chronograph-39-7-mm-31132403001001

Junior88
55 minutes ago, Claud9 said:

Thanks Nivka!

By the way, I'm considering to buy one from Toro as well but the replica of the Moonwatches are not great as the space of the sub dial is wrong. The original space not nearly as wide as the one of the replica and I fear that people at work with spot the difference as they wear Tag & Omega as well. I would immediatly spend 300 Euros for a replica Omega watch that is nearly 1:1...

Is there a perfect clone of this Speedmaster?

https://www.omegawatches.com/de/watch-omega-speedmaster-moonwatch-chronograph-39-7-mm-31132403001001

Try this one. Just don't drop it like I did mine, yesterday.  It is NOT perfect (the 6 o'clock subdial is frozen) but it's VERY well made. 

Claud9

Oh no, I hope it still works?! How did it fall, did the clip accidentally open up?

Yes, I saw the watch from Mary but the space between the sub dials is too big, the original sub dials are closer to the center. People can easily tell that it is a replica.

I have a Replica Rolex Submariner, which is not THAT easy to tell whether it is a replica. Do you think there will be better Replica Omega Speedmaster Moonwatches soon?

Junior88
9 hours ago, Claud9 said:

Oh no, I hope it still works?! How did it fall, did the clip accidentally open up?

Yes, I saw the watch from Mary but the space between the sub dials is too big, the original sub dials are closer to the center. People can easily tell that it is a replica.

I have a Replica Rolex Submariner, which is not THAT easy to tell whether it is a replica. Do you think there will be better Replica Omega Speedmaster Moonwatches soon?

It IS still keeping accurate time. It fell, because I was taking it off to wash my truck so that I WOULDN'T fuck it up, and I dropped it. It landed on the steel step of the truck (fell about 4 feet) and landed directly on the chrono start pusher. Chrono no longer works. 

Thenut

Nivka, do you know the Part Number of the Gen Crystal? 

chaz1000

Hi everybody.  Does anybody know where I can source one of these watches (with the seagull ST19 movement)?  I've looked everywhere and contacted some trusted dealers but nobody seems to have it in stock.  Any information is much appreciated. 

Also, if anybody has one and is looking to sell, I'm interested.  Thanks.

Junior88
9 minutes ago, chaz1000 said:

Hi everybody.  Does anybody know where I can source one of these watches (with the seagull ST19 movement)?  I've looked everywhere and contacted some trusted dealers but nobody seems to have it in stock.  Any information is much appreciated. 

Also, if anybody has one and is looking to sell, I'm interested.  Thanks.

The link I provided further up this page should be what you're looking for.  I bought mine from Mary just in January of this year. 

chaz1000
5 hours ago, 88juniorfan said:

The link I provided further up this page should be what you're looking for.  I bought mine from Mary just in January of this year. 

Thanks.  I contacted her last week.  Out of stock and also at a few other TD's I messaged.  Not sure when stock will come in so hoping to find one from a fellow member who wants to sell theirs. 

Junior88
3 minutes ago, chaz1000 said:

Thanks.  I contacted her last week.  Out of stock and also at a few other TD's I messaged.  Not sure when stock will come in so hoping to find one from a fellow member who wants to sell theirs. 

Yeah, I replied to this and your PM. I replied with a couple of viable options, I hope. 

AlohaMrHand

Question: Do you guys automatically send a new chrono rep to a watchmaker for initial service, or do you ride it out for a while to see if you got one of the lucky ones?

Junior88
1 hour ago, AlohaMrHand said:

Question: Do you guys automatically send a new chrono rep to a watchmaker for initial service, or do you ride it out for a while to see if you got one of the lucky ones?

I've never sent one of my watches out for service, but I've only been in the hobby since December. 

GenTLe
Everyone (regardless how good he is) putting hands in a watch makes the percentage risk to damage something in it tens of times higher.
I learned it myself and I am a decent tinkerer for my own watches.
So: make something in a watch if it is NEEDED. If the watch is fine: just use it.

AlohaMrHand
16 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Everyone (regardless how good he is) putting hands in a watch makes the percentage risk to damage something in it tens of times higher.
I learned it myself and I am a decent tinkerer for my own watches.
So: make something in a watch if it is NEEDED. If the watch is fine: just use it. 

Interesting. Sounds like (and, I guess in some ways it IS like) elective v. non-elective surgery. Good to know. Do you have many chrono reps? And if so, what's your hit rate been like on how well they run?

GenTLe
Interesting. Sounds like (and, I guess in some ways it IS like) elective v. non-elective surgery. Good to know. Do you have many chrono reps? And if so, what's your hit rate been like on how well they run?
Enough of them ;)
Out of all the ones below I got just 2, one bought new and one bought M2M, with issues (the same issue: the quick date change wheel fucked up). I serviced both and replaced the broken part with gen ETA one and they are running fine.
Plus I have had a non chrono 7750 of an H factory Pam that smashed the gears of a pinion used to autocharge the movement.
Just that.
But I Extremely rarely use the chrono functions on my chronographs.0d8bd823cd23cedc1d2bd77c04d37272.jpg

Luxuracer
3 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

0d8bd823cd23cedc1d2bd77c04d37272.jpg

Nice .... !

I will show this to my wife ... so she won't be complaining about my 60'some watches.

GenTLe
4 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

Nice .... !

I will show this to my wife ... so she won't be complaining about my 60'some watches.

Wait, this is an old pic. Right now I've 10 watch cases. With just like 3/4 slots free... Someone helps me...

Glaude
12 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Someone helps me...

I'll gladly help you, for free, sending you the address right now... :D

Luxuracer
14 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Wait, this is an old pic. Right now I've 10 watch cases. With just like 3/4 slots free... Someone helps me...

New picture .... definitely needed. :thumbsup: 

AlohaMrHand

Umm...I was about to ask how I can block this entire thread from ever being read by my wife. Good. Lord. You. People. Are. Sick. I'm. Scared. For. Myself.

RUSH2112
9 minutes ago, AlohaMrHand said:

Umm...I was about to ask how I can block this entire thread from ever being read by my wife. Good. Lord. You. People. Are. Sick. I'm. Scared. For. Myself.

No, show her this and explain how you only need x amount of watches not like these crazies on the internet. 

Junior88
48 minutes ago, AlohaMrHand said:

If you're here, reading these posts...

You're already fucked. 

Enjoy the ride, new guy :D