ahmed98

Which ROLEX would you buy and why?

MDK

None; why, because its a Rolex

Thelittleprince

This is a sneaky way to ask the most hated question on this fourm... Who has the best sub. But for me not to be too much of a douche id go with the noob

Cheers

onionbag

Chazingtime are not a TD here.

So, none from them, as a member here.

Daywatch

Three because it´s the best looking. Potential movement problems aside.

Skyranger

Those who like Rolex don't like watches, they just like an idea of themselves... :boxing:

Thelittleprince
Those who like Rolex don't like watches, they just like an idea of themselves... :boxing:

Woah don't try to start a civil war here :P i think you meant Richard Mille

tabuktime

This one because it was the first ever wristwatch with a rotating bezel and I admire the simplicity of it (and the last, and only one, sold for $400,000).

Rolex-Zerograph_6199.jpgRolex-Zerograph_6197.jpg

Rolex-Zerograph_6196.jpgRolex-Zerograph_6194.jpg

onzenuub
None; why, because its a Rolex

+1

Nickfive

Why all the hate for Rolex?

tomtom1988

I think it's because people usually think a Rolex is more of a statement that a timepiece.

Not my views at all, my grail watch is a Rolex but I can see where people are coming from.

To answer OPs question I'd go for the noob, without the dodgy movement!

markeym3

Its a shame about the hate for Rolex ... OK im not a big fan because they seem too small for me , but a do have and like my ceramic SD4000 sea dweller , a handsome looking piece, but of course buy one because you like it and not to make some fuckwit statement..

And yes this does appear to be another take on who has the best and or make my mind up for me post ..

Robin195959

I think it's because people usually think a Rolex is more of a statement that a timepiece.

Not my views at all, my grail watch is a Rolex but I can see where people are coming from.

To answer OPs question I'd go for the noob, without the dodgy movement!

I've grown to like Rolex over time.

The hate is a version of the BMW thing. I.e. Generically associated with Knobs.

I'd say GMT. it covers tool, sport and can still look dressy.

Nickfive

i agree this is a bit of a daft thread, it only takes 5 minutes worth of reading to know pretty much everyone here would take the v7.

Rolex is a stunning brand, both history wise and aesthetically!

If you're after a statement piece, go for AP or Hublot. Rolex is too classy for you if that's what you're after ;)

JSJ

I'm not a fan of Rolex but I do like my DSSD and Explorer II Polar. Like all my watches, I go through phases of wearing them.

I have a couple of subs and they do nothing for me.

Buy an IWC. Most people have never heard of them so you don't usually get all the crap about fakes. They look better too, but that's just my opinion of course.

elp

You have just joined yesterday and are posting links to non-trusted dealers in multiple threads. I would bet you are a shill and predict your stay on the forum will be short.

Welcome to a friendly corner of the internet.

Oh, and regarding the Rolex (not that I have any intention of clicking on the links, may catch a VD), the only one you should be considering is the DeepSea Challenge. Please buy one and post a pic of you wearing it at the bottom of the Marianas Trench.

WatchaholicMallorca

3EA9320A-D0D6-41DD-AB4B-9CB65C849715_zpsg6wl1kuy.jpg

Noob, end of. Unless you're going to spend the money and get a TC sub. But out of the box noob are the best, you would of known that if you had spent 10 seconds using the search bar.

This forum has so much information and people do spend a decent amount of time writing up reviews. So any watch you are interested in will be covered somewhere.

Also save yourself the headache and use a TD here. If anything goes wrong the mods here can help you out.

narikaa

Not for the brand per se I think

But more for the sub strata of humans who gravitate to Rolex Subs as a statement of in their minds 'having made it'. Which of course wows the other like minds in whatever small pond they swim in.

This mundane badge of wealth always brings this image to mind:

wealth.JPG

tabuktime

Oh, and regarding the Rolex (not that I have any intention of clicking on the links, may catch a VD), the only one you should be considering is the DeepSea Challenge. Please buy one and post a pic of you wearing it at the bottom of the Marianas Trench.

Hahahaha...

MDK

Not for the brand per se I think

But more for the sub strata of humans who gravitate to Rolex Subs as a statement of in their minds 'having made it'. Which of course wows the other like minds in whatever small pond they swim in.

This mundane badge of wealth always brings this image to mind:

wealth.JPG

This exactly, Rolex make some remarkable watches, they just tend to be worn by pretentious wankers. Some people do buy them for what they are and fair enough, most do not however.

That's my hate for Rolex

paulro

Some odd views here with people putting their views on the the thoughts of Rolex wearers. Mind readers?.......

I have a blue black GMT and a blue face Millgauss, both gen.

I don't think "I've made it". Far from it and perhaps I do swim in a small pond and that's ok too.

I can't believe how someone can label others pretentious wankers when they don't know the wearer and

have never met them?

I enjoy watches and always have done and Rolex right now are my choice.

anfalas

Some odd views here with people putting their views on the the thoughts of Rolex wearers. Mind readers?.......

I have a blue black GMT and a blue face Millgauss, both gen.

I don't think "I've made it". Far from it and perhaps I do swim in a small pond and that's ok too.

I can't believe how someone can label others pretentious wankers when they don't know the wearer and

have never met them?

I enjoy watches and always have done and Rolex right now are my choice.

Gotta agree with you there buddy, and whilst I'm sure some are pretentious wankers they're hardly exclusive to Rolex ........... :lol:

RUSH2112

I guess AP and Patek wearers are salt of the earth types?

narikaa

Maybe aye maybe no

Sometimes its the same malaise just at a higher entrance fee

I could quote a guy Ive known nearly all my life who trod the SS Sub to TT Sub to FG Sub ladder as his earnings rose - All out of pomposity with no hint of anything 'horological'.

Now hes pulling down proper money hes gone Patek - solely to sneer at the 'plebs' with Rolex's

GC
Maybe aye maybe no

Sometimes its the same malaise just at a higher entrance fee

I could quote a guy Ive known nearly all my life who trod the SS Sub to TT Sub to FG Sub ladder as his earnings rose - All out of pomposity with no hint of anything 'horological'.

Now hes pulling down proper money hes gone Patek - solely to sneer at the 'plebs' with Rolex's

Dime a dozen