LightGeek

A Tale of Two Moonwatch's

NCRich

Surprisingly difficult to wind, isn't it? I removed the stem and greased it and the tube. Helped but it really needs to have a longer stem. Mine is cut short. Stem for ST19 (or any part on that movement) is impossible to find. Did manage to get one from the dealer.

Frank Oz

I've just shelled out for the vintage, looks great, thanks for the pics/opinions. I will add mine once I receive it. Good to see Mary gets a good rap.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

LightGeek
Surprisingly difficult to wind, isn't it? I removed the stem and greased it and the tube. Helped but it really needs to have a longer stem. Mine is cut short. Stem for ST19 (or any part on that movement) is impossible to find. Did manage to get one from the dealer.

Yes, I'm inclined NOT to keep it because of the winding. If I can fashion a winding tool, maybe, else it just lacerates my fingers every 2 days...

wowsasb

These look pretty solid. The vintage is my favorite though!

Hows the asso quality? The inside looks nice... not sure about the outside of it.

LightGeek
These look pretty solid. The vintage is my favorite though!

Hows the asso quality? The inside looks nice... not sure about the outside of it.

Very nice. Very very nice, except it stinks.

porschespeedster

that vintage numbered edition is real nice.

thinking about buying one and 'vintageizing' it slightly...maybe just a coat of matte varnish on the dial, a few very small scratches, and a 3rd hand so they all match!

Haltec

thinking about buying one and 'vintageizing' it slightly...maybe just a coat of matte varnish on the dial, a few very small scratches, and a 3rd hand so they all match!

Is that different one hand (subdial @9) as per gen?

GC

Is that different one hand (subdial @9) as per gen?

Yes, it's as per gen. The only tell the fois has is subdial spacing, everything else is as per gen.

Haltec

Ok. I decided.

I want "AR" - but with "reduced" auto movement (anyone knows what movement that is?) and "reduced" caseback.

:)

Can't gave up on size and white hands. Currently have no love for "reduced" hands - white ones on oder hand ❤ I love - and they represent me an OMEGA. (imho)

Pure B

Yes, I'm inclined NOT to keep it because of the winding. If I can fashion a winding tool, maybe, else it just lacerates my fingers every 2 days...

Let me know if you are going to sell it, Id gladly take ot off yor hands

LightGeek
Ok. I decided.

I want "AR" - but with "reduced" auto movement (anyone knows what movement that is?) and "reduced" caseback.

:)

Can't gave up on size and white hands. Currently have no love for "reduced" hands - white ones on oder hand ❤ I love - and they represent me an OMEGA. (imho)

There is a reduced with sapphire, but no AR. That's probably the closest you'll get.

Haltec
Well, the biggest thing the reduced has over these is the auto movement. Winding these tiny crowns aren't too fun. Fulfilling, but not too fun.

Aaa.. I missunderstood you.

I thought you said that "vintage" with closed (and to me "raised" appereance) caseback is Auto movement..

:(

there is Seagull st19 auto version (st1940) and due to raised caseback I thought that's it. (in Vintage REP)

Hm..

So..

1. ST19 Automatic movement exist. (Pricetag around 150 usd)

2. Subdial spacing is same with ST19 manual.

3. Only two questions are

a) Is "Vintage" caseback fits on "AR" model?

b) If it fits - is there enough space underneath?- to fit ST1940 Auto movement.

It would be bit a fantasy model.. but..

bodybuilder

Mine is a favorite...

IMG_20160628_123745_zps98yuwffc_edit_1467143681218_zpsfbxle42l.jpg

Those sword hands tho!

Love it

Silbertc

Do all the subdials work on yours? I just got one and the hour sub dial is frozen. 

processengr
14 minutes ago, Silbertc said:

Do all the subdials work on yours? I just got one and the hour sub dial is frozen. 

If it is the manual wind ST19 version, and the hour totalizer at 6 oclock is frozen, consider yourself lucky!

Normally the ST19 movement has a 24 hour clock at 6 oclock position, an obvious tell.

"Freezing" the 6 oclock hand is a desirable mod, the only moonwatch replica I have seen with the 6 oclock dial prefrozen is the rep of 2013 FOIS.

Silbertc

Interesting. I was hoping it had fully functional sub dials, but I can live with it as is.